Serco Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Serco Group Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2017

2.5

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group in March 2017.

Interview

Began with a phone screening that lasted less than 2 minutes. The recruiter requested I call him rather than he call me. Basically only asked salary requirements. A phone interview was scheduled for a few days later. The phone interview was very long. Almost over an hour. The hiring manager instructed me they would let me know the next steps in the next few days. 2-3 weeks passed so I reached out to the recruiter and he told me "no new updates". Finally they reached out and wanted to schedule a second phone interview. The recruiter gave me a list of times. I immediately responded to the email and he flashed back that the time slot had already been filled. Wow ok... So I picked a different time and had the second phone interview. This one, again was over an hour. Spoke with two people this time. The informed me that I should hear a decision next week. Again I did not hear anything for a few weeks. I reached out to the recruiter and again he said "no new updates". It's now been over a month and still no final decision. Overall the process from application to the most recent phone interview has taken over 3 months. This might be common but I thought after two long successful phone interviews it would at least warrant a status update even if it was a rejection.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

Worst process, never experienced like that before in my whole career in which they didn't even ask any basics regarding my education background which I felt very lucky at that time

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your background etcc...
      Why this company and later technical round which was more worser   1 Answer

Human Resource Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Rogers, AR (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was made through an executive search group that consisted of a general phone screen. I was then told that this information would be sent to the corporate office. I was then contacted by the recruiter and scheduled a second phone interview with the company, then 3 days later contacted to have a face to face.

Systems Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Lawton, OK (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. When I first arrived I was nervous, however after I met the gentlemen interviewing me I felt more comfortable. I was asked questions that actually applied to the job and not the standard goofy questions like "what are your weaknesses". I was given plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a computer problem that you couldn't resolve?   1 Answer

Patent Classifier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Harrisonburg, VA (US)).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and had a phone interview along with online correspondence. I was required to submit my college transcripts and apply for a security clearance. A couple of weeks later I was contacted by a supervisor for a personnel interview at the job site in Harrisonburg Virginia. Since I had a long commute the supervisor was mainly concerned that I would be willing to continue taking that long of a commute.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to take the long commute   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight foreword. The salary was basically set.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

I submitted the application online. Called by a recruiter a week or two thereafter. Came in for an interview on site. Sat for a round table interview. 4 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about my resume. Given a grammar test.   Answer Question

Work At Home Corporate Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serco Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interview process then an Offer was made. First interview was with a recruiter and not scheduled. She randomly called and is lucky I answered, lol, I hate telemarketers. She asked very basic questions about my experience and software I've used. She explained the starting pay for the job is the same across the board and made sure I was okay with that. Honestly, she sounded relieved to have finally found someone with the experience they require. She then told me she'd like to setup an interview with the hiring manager. It took 3 days to receive the email setting up the appointment with the hiring manager and it was for the next day. That interview was more intense and in depth and lasted about 45 minutes. She asked all sorts of questions about my previous travel agent experience. She then told me all about their training program and hours they were hiring for. I was pretty confident I had got the position by the end of the call. She told me I would receive an offer letter or rejection within 48 business hours. My interview was on Friday, by Monday afternoon I received my offer letter. It was contingent upon successfully passing their background check and drug screening. There was nothing on Glassdoor to help me prepare for this interview so, I thought I'd be the first and hopefully help some of you out. On a positive note, both ladies I interviewed with were really nice and helpful and I'm super excited to be working for this company!! There seems to be tons of room for advancement and regular raises. They have every benefit you can imagine as well. Also, the interviews were both on the phone in the comfort of my home. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an irate customer on the line. What was the scenario and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time you've really impressed a customer. What was the scenario and end result.   Answer Question
    • Tell about the most complicated itinerary you've planned in detail.   Answer Question

Personnel Employment Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Serco Group (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by phone by a recruiter and a hiring manager. The interview was pretty standard and very easy. They were both pleasant to talk to and made me comfortable during the interview process.

Credit/Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Serco Group (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I gave a brief interview by phone with the Temp Agency and then preceded to a in person interview with the company seeking to hire. I was asked very few questions regarding my skills. It appeared that this company recorded their work processes into a system unfamiliar to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with collections on the commercial side   1 Answer

ESA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Serco Group (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

1 minute long . THERE WAS HArdly no questions . Go take a drug test basically and if you can pass that I guess you got hired. ANYBODY can work there like seriously seen people in and out of there . Pretty sure one girl walked in with her needle and still got hired .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.