Serco Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Serco Group Interview Questions

Updated 7 Jul 2018

2.4

Contracts Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

one on one with hiring manager after a preliminary interview with HR. two interviews with the hiring manager then a meeting to let me know I was first choice and a verbal offer

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, customers, technical questions, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Serco Group (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

One phone interview with a group of people on the team I work on. They asked me various question regarding the java programming language and sql based questions. I also got insight into how they operated and job I would be required to do to.

VMWare Administrative Interview

Interview

Had a prelim interview that went well. Followed up with a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer insisted that a virtual machine could be recovered if the VMDK file is deleted. Not with version 4.+ I confirmed that with VMware tech support. I think that lost me the interview but, hey, I know I'm right!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

I submitted the application online. Called by a recruiter a week or two thereafter. Came in for an interview on site. Sat for a round table interview. 4 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about my resume. Given a grammar test.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corbin, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Serco Group (Corbin, KY (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Since this was a start up and they were eager to fill positions they really did not ask many questions. They asked only the very basic questions with out digging deep into your work history. Since it has been around for a couple of years now, I expect the interview process has become a little harder.

Interview Questions

• The one question that stood out is that they asked if I had any experience in the position that they were offering me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not any negotiation on salary. All jobs have a set hourly wage. All positions are FT

IT Doesn't Matter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

Applied online, a week or two later contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview and in-person interview happened very quickly, two days apart. Everyone seemed nice, office was also nice and in a great location. Unfortunately, they don't believe in any follow-up. Even after I asked if I would hear something either way, and was told I would. It's terribly rude to not send out the "thank you for your time, but we went with another candidate" letter/email. The people who took the time to come in and learn more about the company, the position and shared their backgrounds with hiring managers and potential co-workers deserve some respect and closure.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was asked; however, a lot of discussion focused on the prior employee and his/her poor work ethic wasn't really appropriate.   Answer Question

BPO Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group.

Interview

I never got an interview. I was told I wasn't the right color for the job, and sure enough I wasn't. I had more experience than the person who got the job, and yet because I am white I didn't even get a chance to interview.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Serco Group (Reston, VA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Very easy process - interviewed with my supervisor and all senior leadership up to and including CEO. The decision making process took a very long time from final interview to the actual offer letter - indicative of the risk adverse leadership approach to business

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions that were asked   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was copleted in first interview with future supervisor - got all I asked for but no other opportunity to ask for anything else

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Serco Group (Reston, VA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Superb. Had two interviews

Negotiation

salary, I took a salary based on the startup and ending budget of the contract.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Serco Group (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Asked what our strengths and weaknesses are. Went for 2 rounds of interview. First with the manager, then second with the Director of the Department. They reviewed my resume and had a very short conversation of what I was looking for. Got hired a 2 days later. Quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.