SimpliVity Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SimpliVity Interview Questions

Interviews at SimpliVity

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SimpliVity in December 2014.

Interview

1. Asked me to rate myself in different areas C++,perl,python,OOAD,patterns,debugging skills,system/unit test, SQL,Virtualization- setup bare metal ESXi , configure & install
    2. current role that I was applying for & what I was doing;

I was not thrilled as the HR did not even get back to me about the result or any other details. Also I have heard that some of the HR's in this company do not do a diligent job although few of them are good in getting back.

Interview Questions

• C++ related question as it was related to the role I applied for   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Five finance department managers interviewed me one at a time. Each individual meeting took about 20-30 minutes to complete. The interview questions were mostly based on my resume that I had submitted to SimpliVity.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with HR. It lasted about 25 minutes. They went over my resume and asked questions about previous internships and my major. I was also given an opportunity to ask several questions

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity.

Interview

Phone interview followed by f2f with 6-8 people depends upon the position. They don't have the process in place, HR will never respond to you what is happening with the position. She will always say oh I was about to respond to your email. I believe the company is waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer told me to look for a job in EMC, they have better opportunity.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

2 Phone rounds (1 with hiring manager ~45 minutes) and 1 with 2 engineers on phone (1 hour 30 minutes)
    Phone rounds consisted mostly of Operating Systems, Storage and C++ based questions

On site interview had 7 rounds in total each round 4 technical rounds each lasting 1 hour,
    1 HR round and 2 hiring manager rounds with mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lot of resume based questions,

C++ questions around inheritance, polymorphism in general, internal STL based questions (iterator invalidation, container.empty() vs container.size(), vector vs list, map vs unordered_map, exceptions, keywords like mutable, explicit, const, static, virtual), boost knowledge based questions.

Operating systems questions (priority inheritance vs ceiling, deadlocks, thread vs process, context switches, locks and races, conditional variables, thread management, critical sections, filesystems -- what is an inode, what is a superblock, what is an indirect block vs direct block).

Programming questions:
      1. How to count number of bits set in a number?
      2. Given array of numbers, implement two operations sum(startIndex, endIndex) and update(index, value) with order less than O(N).
      3. Given array, modify it to have all odd numbers at start and even numbers at end. Implement optimizations on your approach (using multiple threads for eg.).
      4. Given two arrays or random order, and given that both arrays are exactly the same except for one element, find that element.   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Cambridge, MA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was through a recruiter for the company. Then a phone interview was set up with the hiring manager. It was a great conversation on the phone and we spoke for an hour discussing the company and what their plans are and their future goals. This company seems to have their ideas and heads in the right place.

Interview Questions

• There were not a lot of technical questions during this phone interview. It was more conversational.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Westborough, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume, and then HR called with a phone screen. I had 2 sets of onsite interviews, both were with 5+ people and lasted first thing in the morning until after lunch.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words I'd use to describe myself?   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had 2 Interviews via phone and 5 in person. Was flown to Boston for a full-battery review with the management, including the CEO. All in all it was a great experience. Interview practices for the field have since changed.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was a four fold process. It began with a phone interview by the regional manager, than followed up with an in person interview with the regional manager, then a phone interview with a potential peer and final interview with the local sales pairing.

Phone interview and in person interview were fine, regional manager wanted to interview over a lunch, discussed a variety of topics. At the end of the interview, the regional manager, (after asking zero technical questions) told me he was concerned about my technical capability. He asked for me to interview with a potential peer for a technical interview. The technical interview was anything but. An hour long, maybe 3 technical questions and I had to correct their solutions architect on some specifics regarding latency components in storage.

Dropped communication after that, so I accepted another position. Weeks later regional manager emailed to inform they had chosen another candidate (assumed at that point) but wanted to offer me another position. Graciously declined but happy to keep in touch. Again silence.

The interview process would have been fine had the lack of communication not kept occurring.

Interview Questions

• Asked to self rate on storage and virtualization technologies.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SimpliVity (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

By far the most ridiculous and comical experience of my life. The HR team is extremely sloppy and inefficient in terms of scheduling as well as following up on outcomes. The VP of Product Management is a joke. He literally has no idea of the space, technology or new drivers/business initiatives. I got the sense that this company does not know what its doing and where it wants to go and just trying recruit ideas as part of its hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How many people sit in your bug triage teams? and Give me their titles?
      When you do a customer presentation, how big is your deck? Who prepares the deck?
      Do you have a technical degree outside of a Master's in Computer Science?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.