Spencer Ogden Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Spencer Ogden Interview Questions

Interviews at Spencer Ogden

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The Talent Acquisition reached out to me via LinkedIn. It was all smooth until I hit the second interview. I met with the TA again, then the big boss. The boss was a jerk, made me very uncomfortable, asked random questions that didn't relate to anything, kind of personal to be honest. Then they both said I would be coming in again for another round. Never happened. Completely ghosted me. Hate companies that do this!!!

Interview Questions

Spencer Ogden Response

28 Oct 2019 – Head of Operations

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about this experience. Please contact me directly at david.bumby@spencer-ogden.com, I will endeavor to provide you feedback and get to the bottom of the situation.

Secondly, I would like to hear about your interview experience with our manager, we are always looking to improve our hiring process so I would appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Emailed my resume to a talent acquisition specialist, as I seen their ad online and I was trying to get into recruiting. Their process is pretty thorough and efficient. I was able to get a phone screen and interview within a week. I spent 4 hours interviewing with them and covered every single thing that has to do with their company, initiative, the job itself, etc only for the recruiter to tell me
    they were moving forward with other candidates. Once I interviewed with the direct manager I would’ve worked with, he seemed very cynical and made it seem that me wanting a career within the recruitment industry was infeasible, which I thought was odd. He made it clear that him and most people there was only there to pay bills which made me think I probably wouldn’t be a good fit for this company anyway, as I’m actually looking to begin a career I recruiting. Also base was pretty low starting out. I even agreed to taking a temporary pay cut. Talent acquisition specialist seemed to only interview me as if she was checking boxes though and account manager was impractical as stated before. Made it through to a final interview with director David and he was great and answered all my questions.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview

Phone call few days after applying. It was not a good time to talk, so I asked to reschedule it Monday at noon. Monday comes and never got a call. I reached out to them Monday afternoon. The lady had no desire to actually listen to me, and was talking to another person during our “phone interview”. Made it seem very unwelcoming/un-wanting, so I told the lady you seem busy with other things and ended the call.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden.

Interview

The interview was very professional. The person conducting the interview gave a lot of information about the company and the position and all of the duties and responsibilities that would be required.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Internal recruiter sent me an Inmail from LinkedIn, I responded to it. But, he got back to me 2 weeks later. We set up a phone interview for the next day. The recruiter called me an hour late.
    After our phone interview, I was invited for a face-to-face interview at the Manhattan office where I met with the recruiter and the Associate Director. This went very well but it seemed like they were asking a lot of personal questions.
    Then, I was invited for a second interview with 'the team,' The recruiter did not give any information, so I asked for a detailed e-mail for the agenda, etc.
    I met with two of the team leads from two different departments. The first one was very nice and fun to talk with. But, the second one was distracted. He kept scribbling stuff in his notepad and looking outside of the meeting room.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to work in recruitment, because it is a very competitive environment? They emphasize that the environment there is very busy and fast-paced. One of the team leads even said that recruiters have to be "cut-throat" to be successful there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to attend a 4hr hiring event. Met a lot of nice people, but for the most part the even wasn’t really structured well. There were a ton of candidates and employees of Spencer Ogden casually discussing the role and their qualifications. I wouldn’t recommend if your looking for a actual job. It seemed like more of a networking event then anything. After this stage they let you know if you made it to an actual interview.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in Spencer and Ogden and what excites you about the role?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied and a recruiter called me the next day. We talked for about 30 minutes about the company and position itself. It was very thorough, and recruiter was very friendly. Asked some questions to get to know me and make sure this was an opportunity I could be a good fit for.

After the initial call I had a face to face interview with two leaders in the office that lasted about an hour. Standard interview questions with a few tougher ones, but overall just got to know each other and talked about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

Spencer Ogden Response

10 Dec 2018 – Director -People and Infrastructure

Recruiter Interview

Interview

The company gave me high hopes and led me on as if I was going to get the job. Then, they actually offered me one, I counteroffered, and they haven't gotten back to me. So I called back. No response in weeks. Unprofessional way of dealing with potential candidates. Was very disappointed by the hiring experience. Not the kind of company I would like to work for. Probably best that I didn't get a call back.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Realy great interview, much more casual than what I'm used too, but it was a breath of fresh air from the honesty provided from the Director in regards to the position. Ultimately, it wasn't the best fit for us at the time, but S.O. is definitely headed in the right direction behind a strong leader.

Interview Questions

• What is going on with you and your current situation   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Spencer Ogden (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process is pretty easy, I was first talked to the recruiter, and she explained to me how the process goes, and then introduced me to a manager.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.