Find jobs for Technical Support Engineer

Splunk Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 585 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Splunk (Austin, TX) in Sep 2021

Interview

Total Number of Interviews = 9 (including phone screening.) Onsite Interviews are on Zoom. Jade Perry Splunk recruiter reached to me over text messages and scheduled phone screening and then interview with the Hiring Manager of Phantom Technical Support. After Phone screening interview my second interview was with the hiring manager which was on August 25th and after few weeks, he reached me through text messages to schedule other 7 interviews and there was no option to combine / group interview. So, I managed 1 or 2 interview of 45 minutes each day during my working hours for 8 Interviews. My technical round or third interview was on September 20th 2021 but I received an email on September 11th that I am not inclined for this role but still they took my remaining 7 interviews and only 3 interviewers including the hiring Manager was from the Phantom team and other interviewers was from other team that’s why they were not able to answer any question related to Phantom. Mostly interviewers were repeating same questions Linux commands 8th interview was conducted by one of Phantom team member but he said it's my 8th interview and he don’t want to ask same questions again and again he said If I have question then I can ask but I was already frustrated to repeat same questions so he shared about the company culture (ex they are allowed to drink in Corporate meetings) Interviewer was saying we drink during meeting in the office and he also share some information about Phantom Stack. I waited for 1 month after my 9th interview but I never heard back and after multiple follow up emails recruiter called me after one month and he accidentally he mentioned that I got that email because they already hired someone for this role. secondly he was saying I don't have experience of Phantom. as I mentioned that only 3 Interviewers was from Phantom team including the hiring manager and from 3 only one asked me few technical questions but his focus was on basic linux commands and basic python questions. other interviewers wasn't able answer any of my question related to product Phantom and Splunk acquired it in 2018. their hiring practice isn't transparent its very shady and worst than Infosys. recruiters are very unprofessional. they conducted 9 Interviews for TSE role and mostly interviewer was repeating same questions but they don't allow group interview and each interview was 45 minutes. they already hired someone but still wasted my time in 8 interviews. if company does not respect the candidate's time that clearly reflects the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
  • difference between dictionary list and dictionary. difference between package and library basic linux commands. how to open file in linux how to edit file in linux
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Splunk (Sydney)

Interview

HR person from China rang me through Whatsapp with a seriously bad connection. Had a very hard time hearing and it was very unprofessional and comical. Almost as if the person was calling a close relative of theirs. If this is the first impression of the company, then forget the rest! Interview questions were very bookish and amateurish.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why do you want to join Splunk? 2. What do you know about Splunk? 3. How long have you worked at your current job? 4. Why are you looking to move?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Splunk

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (Raleigh, NC) in Oct 2020

Interview

A recruiter calls and goes over questions that you should know and then hopefully get an interview with someone. A tad confusing as get email from another recruiter in the company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Splunk (Plano, TX) in Oct 2019

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call from HR. Phone screening for 45 mins and then on sight interview for three hours with six people as a group. 6 people took interview. 2 Managers, 4 Technical Engineers

Interview Questions
  • Technical : 1. A to Z of Linux commands. They wrote A to Z in the white board and told me to write 5 commands of each alphabet. 2. Telnet scenario based question - like Server A to Sever B log transfer, time sync up, why not Sever B can't view the logs, Listing port. 3. All port numbers 4. All possible Network troubleshooting question -ping, nslookup, trace route, Soft skills and cultural fit related question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (Boulder, CO)

Interview

Incredibly friendly, fun, great questions asked. They seem to correctly prioritize team chemistry over resumes and work history. The entire process was open and straightforward, and the team was respectful and humble in their interview. Probably the lowest-stress interview I've ever been a part of. They clearly have a very strong team chemistry that makes it seem like a great place to work

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

Recruiter, Hiring manager and On-site. Process was quick . I have interview with many many companies but have never seen such unprofessionalism from anyone. The team member and the hiring manger were pretty phenomenal. The recruiter is the one who was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. He gave me the offer, i accepted the offer and after an hour he discarded the offer because of a situation that he was not able to understand. On the top of that, he wasted my one month's of time for this one interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk (Boulder, CO) in Mar 2019

Interview

Applied online and had a short video interview. Was told I would hear back about the next steps (a definite positive) only to never hear from them again. It was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Splunk (London, England) in Aug 2018

Interview

I passed a phone interview and asked to attend a face to face interview. It was on of the worst face to face interviews I ever have to attend. After giving lots of details on how to trouble shoot a front end slow connection due to a database issue and given positive feedback from the 1st set of 2 managers, I have to carry on answering more questions to different "Team leads or Managers". I had the impression that there were too many managers to satisfy throughout the entire interview process which made things more difficult. Also not to mention that some of them arrive late and I have to repeat some of the things I said. Lack of organisation due to many management roles colliding.

Interview Questions
  • Root Cause analysis approach to slow client connection due to a faulty database. How to support the customer from a Support engineer point of view.

Splunk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Splunk

Interview

the process was quick and timely, but not sure why do you expect a programmer of 10 language for technical support role, if someone so expert in programming why would he do tech suport why would he not do contracting and making more money .

Interview Questions
  • how good I am with 10 different domain including JAVA , PYTHON,SQL, ETC
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Splunk (Houston, TX) in May 2017

Interview

In my first technical phone interview, the employee asked me if I had used Splunk. I said no I haven't. He told me that I should have downloaded a copy and started using the free version on my home PC.... and then proceeded to disqualify me. Nowhere in the job description was this a requirement. The 30 minute or 1 hour interview ended in 4 minutes. Very unprofessional and rude individual.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews