Squire Patton Boggs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Squire Patton Boggs Interview Questions

Interviews at Squire Patton Boggs

3.2

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

Was first contacted by email about setting up a preliminary interview which would go over some basic qualifications and lasted about 20 minutes. The second round interview lasted about an hour and took place with a panel of attorneys and a paralegal.

Interview Questions

• A case study involving some very tedious administrative tasks, asking in what sequence I would complete said tasks.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview then invited to the office for an interview with 3 partners. Spent 2 hours in interview. Was told that I would be contacted in two weeks regarding the position. Was never contacted and reached out to the HR Coordinator after 3-4 weeks. She told me they were still in the interview process. That was months ago. Will never understand why it's so hard for some places to send a simple email saying they went with another applicant. It's common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. There was nothing unusual. The interview questions were very standard, usual questions and there were no trick questions. It was very typically biglaw associate position interview.

IT Support Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly and asked good questions. Some were generic HR questions. She explained what the job was about and a little more about the company at this specific location. That was about it.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Cleveland, OH (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

Standard phone interview followed by inperson interview. In person interview included filling out a long application and meeting a few fellow employees.Hiring process took a few months and then I needed to follow-up multiple times to get an answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

My first interview was on-campus with a partner from the DC office. He was extremely personable and genuine, so the interview came off more as a conversation than an interview, but we were still able to candidly chat about the firm's goals and culture.

Interview Questions

• How did you end up in law school?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Newark, NJ (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Met with regional partner and office administrator and met with headquarters director. Had to fill out a comprehensive application with lots of detail on past positions. All in all it went very well. No tests.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience; why did I want to work there; give examples of how I handled my job in the past.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Boston, VA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Myers Briggs review and opportunity to meet several people in the department. I understand they use a variety of methods to test aptitude but did not experience anything like that.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in our company   1 Answer

Executive Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was recruited through a staffing company (Legal-E). I was first interviewed by a recruiter at Legal-E, then was asked to interview at Squire Sanders. First day I went for testing - typical typing and software tests. Brief chat with HR person (who was also a temp from Legal-E). Next came for interview with Secretarial Supervisor, nothing unexpected. Final interview was with 3 of the 4 attorneys supported by position.

Interview Questions

• Attorneys asked if I had problems with open seating and working with other secretaries. My ability to get along with other secretaries seemed to be a concern.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was negotiated by Legal-E. It was at the low end of my range, but still acceptable. I got a raise after one year.

Trainee Solicitor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

The process in my case was a single assessment day, including a negotation exercise with other candidates where there was limited time in which to come to a conclusion cooperatively, which was an interesting one as some people seemed to think it was designed to find the most 'alpha' personalities and made idiots of themselves. There was then an interview with HR and with three partners and a networking-style event.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.