Squire Patton Boggs Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Squire Patton Boggs Interview Questions

Interviews at Squire Patton Boggs

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs in January 2020.

Interview

They went silent on me when I asked to reschedule an international call, since my phone service did not support it. The last time I had an (emergency) international call, my phone bill spiked +$200 for almost every minute - not something I wanted to deal with again.

The overall process was straight forward - phone screen, onsite interview, phone call with executives, background check & offer. My POC was whom I had my first phone screen with, and she seemed as if she was reading a pre-written script. She had no humor/excitement about: A) her job and B) the firm. I eventually passed and got an onsite interview with the Digital Marketing Manager. She was amazing - thoughtful, energetic and passionate about her role. I guess I made a good impression since I was notified with the final round of interviews with a few executives in their Europe office. I was surprised that it was going to be a PHONE interview and not via Skype, Zoom, Google Hangout or any other (free) method using the internet. I was not going to pay an absurd amount on my phone bill, so I asked to reschedule with a different method of contact since there ARE other methods out there...something that is more convenient and phone bill friendly. Unfortunately, my POC went silent on me for 3 weeks afterwards (and is still silent even though I followed up in the 3rd week). Luckily, I got a better offer elsewhere during the silent treatment.

This whole scheduling process was via phone call. Not sure why my POC did not email me instead since I do not pick up unknown numbers, and it is best practice to have written record of everything.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly. There was nothing unusual. The interview questions were very standard, usual questions and there were no trick questions. It was very typically biglaw associate position interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview then invited to the office for an interview with 3 partners. Spent 2 hours in interview. Was told that I would be contacted in two weeks regarding the position. Was never contacted and reached out to the HR Coordinator after 3-4 weeks. She told me they were still in the interview process. That was months ago. Will never understand why it's so hard for some places to send a simple email saying they went with another applicant. It's common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly and asked good questions. Some were generic HR questions. She explained what the job was about and a little more about the company at this specific location. That was about it.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

My first interview was on-campus with a partner from the DC office. He was extremely personable and genuine, so the interview came off more as a conversation than an interview, but we were still able to candidly chat about the firm's goals and culture.

Interview Questions

• How did you end up in law school?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Boston, VA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Myers Briggs review and opportunity to meet several people in the department. I understand they use a variety of methods to test aptitude but did not experience anything like that.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in our company   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs.

Interview

Was first contacted by email about setting up a preliminary interview which would go over some basic qualifications and lasted about 20 minutes. The second round interview lasted about an hour and took place with a panel of attorneys and a paralegal.

Interview Questions

• A case study involving some very tedious administrative tasks, asking in what sequence I would complete said tasks.   Answer Question

Executive Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was recruited through a staffing company (Legal-E). I was first interviewed by a recruiter at Legal-E, then was asked to interview at Squire Sanders. First day I went for testing - typical typing and software tests. Brief chat with HR person (who was also a temp from Legal-E). Next came for interview with Secretarial Supervisor, nothing unexpected. Final interview was with 3 of the 4 attorneys supported by position.

Interview Questions

• Attorneys asked if I had problems with open seating and working with other secretaries. My ability to get along with other secretaries seemed to be a concern.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was negotiated by Legal-E. It was at the low end of my range, but still acceptable. I got a raise after one year.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Newark, NJ (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Met with regional partner and office administrator and met with headquarters director. Had to fill out a comprehensive application with lots of detail on past positions. All in all it went very well. No tests.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience; why did I want to work there; give examples of how I handled my job in the past.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Squire Patton Boggs (Cleveland, OH (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

Standard phone interview followed by inperson interview. In person interview included filling out a long application and meeting a few fellow employees.Hiring process took a few months and then I needed to follow-up multiple times to get an answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.