Steven Madden Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Steven Madden Interview Questions

Updated 14 Sep 2017

2.3

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

To level set, I have researched reviews on (GlassDoor, Indeed). Like review sites, one has to take a grain of salt to see through things; there are so many negative ones - generally disgruntled employees venting though what keeps happy employees from posting I wonder.

Anyway, the interview process for this LIC/HQ position was thus - recruiter to HR contact to interview(s). The theme I gathered from what they look for in a candidate is "fit" for their office culture in addition to one's background and skill set.

Pros
    Location - LIC, near subway and LIRR lines (can't speak for buses)
    Friendly atmosphere

Cons
    Parking situation - free valet parking available - just tip the attendant at least!
    Separate buildings - so might need to figure out which one you need to go

Interview Questions

• Name three things that your references would say about you.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I met with the woman from HR who was very prepared with a series of questions, it took about an hour and then I met with the boss and she went over the job duties.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful situation and someone who is difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steven Madden.

Interview

It was straight forward generic interview. I applied online and then received a call for in-person interview. The interview started with HR and then moved to Hiring manager. I received an offer same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why looking, experience with excel.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Bronx, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with the store manager. Seemed to have gone really well. Told me she would contact the DM for us to meet. She liked me, told me she would contact me th next week but never did.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Before going into the interview I did my due diligence and researched the company culture, interview process and read employee reviews, all of which surprised me. All of the reviews spoke ill of the CEO, management and the overall culture of the company. Some things I read were that there was no room to grow in positions, management does not treat their employees well, they do not hire from within, or pay appropriate salaries for the workload colleagues bear, and that communication and transparency was limited. I did however take this with a grain of salt, because a majority of the time, it is only the disgruntled making reviews, so I was still eager to go in with an open mind, I just wanted to get a quick lay of the land. Upon my arrival, I knew that ALL the reviews were indeed, correct. As I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my interviewer to come meet me, I overheard of group of colleagues blatantly talking about another employee out in the open for the entire office to hear, they were speaking about her inability to do her job correctly, they asked how she was even ever hired here, etc. It was embarrassing to say the least, and I have never experienced that kind of talk in a professional environment before. After a few moments my interviewer came to greet me and walked me into the interview room. I do have to give some credit to the office, it is set up like a big show room, very well put together and it seems like it makes for a very collaborative and creative space. I was instructed to take an excel test to test basic competencies. During the test he came in to check on me once, after about 15-20 minutes I was finished with the test, at that time he told me that he does not interview anyone who takes longer than 10 minutes to complete the test. When beginning the test I was never told of a "time limit," and the time in which I took the test was of a natural pace to complete all 3 tasks which included completing a P&L for 2 years, a series of Vlookups, Sumifs and pivot tables, as well as writing a macro. I completed this task in an ACCURATE and TIMELY manner. He did not interview me, not until our time together was up did he bother to look at my resume. Where he continued to insult me and my current position without even asking anything about it. He told me that he could never do what I do now, that he calls my position a "4 wall accountant" and that where I am at in my stage of my career (which he knew nothing about because did not ask me a single question about it), that I was not cut out for the job. Please also let me note that I was recruited for this position by their recruiting agency. Right before I left he noted on my resume that I was getting my MBA, where he followed to tell me, "well you must have some semblance of a brain in there." Completely rude, and utterly disgusted. The arrogance and ego from this interviewer was unparalleled. The reviews were correct, so to all thinking of applying for a position within this company, DO YOUR RESEARCH. There are plenty of other companies out there with far better manners, prestige and culture.

Web/Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Long Island City, NY (US)).

Interview

Super casual, but very straight forward. They really know who they're looking for, so if they ask a lot of questions about your background, it usually means they're very interested.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced and how did you get over it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy I was referred by a friend. I sent in my resume and got a call back within the week. I was asked to go in for an interview. They asked all of the basic questions. I was called back and got the job and asked to go back in to fill out paperwork. I started shortly after that.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Career fair, call back 1 month later.
    Short interview (30mins)
    - 2 current managers
    - very casual
    - all interviewees wearing casual clothing
    - Superficial
    - Unclear about the positions they would be hiring for.
    - Interview process looked to be unorganized and informal

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted to work for the company? Why are you passionate about fashion?   Answer Question

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steven Madden (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

HR called and scheduled the time. Then called and rescheduled me with a different person different time. You have to sign in and speak with an HR employee, then meet your real interviewer. I met with two employees, the direct manager of the position and a higher-up. Both of them were non-intimidating, very pleasant and all the staff was extremely nice and personable. They decided to hire internal however.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Salary requirements.
      Any questions?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steven Madden in November 2015.

Interview

All about customer service and answer service based questions. Also it was very easy but for me at the end they want you to explain yourself on how you will bring that service level.

Interview Questions

• Answer questions such as why steve madden?
      What is your definition of customer service?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.