Success Academy Charter Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Success Academy Charter Schools Interview Questions

Interviews at Success Academy Charter Schools

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in June 2016.

Interview

Entire process took five weeks. Applied and was offered an interview. Was given a case study to complete. Interview day lasted about 3-3.5 hours. First portion was the case study. We were split into groups and asked to present our work. Second portion consisted of one on one interviews. Very welcoming experience.

Interview Questions

• What type of feedback/constructive criticism do you respond best to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The first round of interviews is a group interview with other potential Operations team members. You work with them on the case study and then present. Afterward you have two round of one-on-one interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 5 weeks from the date of submitting the application to getting an offer. There are two steps the first interview requiring a presentation of a case study previously given to you to prepare. On the interview day you are given 25 minutes to prepare the case study (mine was to plan and budget a road trip from New York to Chicago). After presenting with three other individuals two traditional Q&A interviews are done and that's it. I had to wait three weeks before I was called for a second interview at one of the schools at that point I met with the principle and head of the operations team for a Q&A interview and I got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond the call of your job.   Answer Question
    • How are you with deadlines and balancing multiple deadlines? What if I had to give you something to do even though you had a lot of work how would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • How do you take constructive criticism?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to handle a difficult parent or difficult situation and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then had an in-person group interview and then a 1:1 interview. Generally average difficulty, very flexible with my schedule, and asked a lot of thoughtful questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

3 group interviews- same day
    each interview is about 20-30
    1st interview discuss case study
    2nd interview why success academy
    3rd interview more about yourself and how you receive feedback in the workplace
    After that you are dismissed and you get an answer usually within 4-5 days
    Groups are usually 4-6 candidates, 2 for office coordinator, 2 for community relations Coordinator , and 2 for business operations coordinator

Application

Interview

The interview turned me off to the position, quite rapidly.

It was a terrible interview process. The recruiters seemed bored and clearly didn’t read anyone’s resume or pre-interview project.

The group format is okay, but there’s no real back-and-forth dialogue. Just a laundry’s list of questions. It was also rushed, with the secretary opening the door every 5min to see if we were finished. This meant nothing was natural or organic. Everyone was pressured to just rapidly speak their piece. They also were reading directly from a script, which seemed weird.

As for the questions themselves, they seemed less focused on wanting to know about achievement and seemed more focused on how you’ll handle ‘direct feedback’ (IE: being micro-managed and yelled at). They really emphasized this point, which set alarm bells off in my head.

What turned me off the most, however, was the age of the main office staff. They’re clearly all recent grads. Only one person above 30 was present. Which means that they do not want (or can not keep) professionals who can recognize that this is probably a toxic environment. This youth gap is extremely noticeable with the promotional material they make you watch, too.

Their questions led me to believe that they want the ‘smart, young and gullible’ crowd. Intelligent, inexperienced newbies who want to prove themselves and will believe that being micromanaged and yelled at is the norm.

There are major red flags with this organization and the way it conducts interviews. Proceed carefully.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about time you recieved feedback you disagreed with? How didn’t you follow it up?   Answer Question
    • How does your work experience translate into the position?   Answer Question
    • What resources do you have in place to keep yourself organized?   Answer Question
    • How would you prevent this problem (the pre-interview case study) from happening again?   Answer Question

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter on LinkedIn and encouraged to apply for the position after speaking on the phone. About a week later, received a take home case study to complete and email back (basic event planning and crisis management stuff). Was then invited to take place in a group interview and was followed up with a rejection about four days after that. Overall process took about 2 weeks.

The group interview was very strange and unnatural. They placed us in a room full of other operations applicants and asked us to awkwardly go around, introduce ourselves, and why we're applying. Then they gave us this incredibly rushed powerpoint about Success Academy along with a vapid discussion about a few blog posts and virtual tours they asked us to read beforehand. Then they split us into two groups of about four each: first round of interviewing was interview questions, second round was presenting your case study and answering more questions.

The first round was just the recruiter reading off a list of questions and having us all go around answering them. We weren't really interacting with each other so much as we were sizing up each other's answers and trying to come up with better examples than the people who went before us. I expected there to be time to talk with other applicants and treat the group interview like a discussion, but that didn't happen. It felt very scripted, unnatural, and didn't allow for applicants to really shine. At no point was anyone asked to go into their unique experience or their resumes. It was all about how you work in a group and how you handle receiving critiques because that's all they really want from you: to know you won't rebel against a group and know that you are happy with people heavily critiquing you.

Second round was okay. We all presented our case studies in front of another recruiter, even though none of the other applicants had any context as to what each of our case studies were about (we were all applying for different positions so we had different case studies). Recruiter seemed like she hadn't read any of them beforehand and was frantically taking notes and asking questions about the case study that would've been clear had she read them in detail prior to the interview.

Overall, a little humiliated that I was referred by two employees and still didn't receive the offer, but I consider it a dodged bullet. The job has awful hours and after you get the job, you're considered an "unplaced" candidate that essentially has to accept whatever location they place you to work at. And you're locked in a two year contract.

Interview Questions

• Name a time your supervisor gave you a critique on your work and explain how you reacted.   Answer Question
    • Has there ever been a time where you had a disagreement with a group member and how did you solve that disagreement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, followed by a group interview at the main office, followed by a Skype interview. The process took about three months, and I had to follow up several times after the final interview to see if they were still interested. They did not explain why they did not extend an offer, which I found disappointing after such a long and intense interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview with three rounds. You had to complete a case study before hand. The first round was presenting you case study. The last two rounds were general interview questions. Overall a very positive experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Success Academy Charter Schools (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

We all waited, about 15-16 of us, in a lobby together for further instruction. The room was welcoming and the office coordinator was there to make us feel comfortable, though there was obviously an anxious energy in the air. We all went into a conference room and watched a presentation about the school and had a brief discussion about the article we read before the interview. Then, we were broken into groups of three for 3 types of group interview: personality/experience, specific questions about our case study, and feedback. There was no chance to ask our own questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a process you improved   Answer Question
    • Feedback is very important to our model, how do you feel about/handle feedback?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.