TNTP Interview Questions

Updated 4 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at TNTP

3.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 105 candidate interviews
TNTP
Application

I interviewed at TNTP

Interview

Extensive interview process including HR screening and a performance-based assignment with a 48-hour turnaround. I also had 3 interviews with prospective manager and senior management during which I was presented with scenarios to respond to.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position?
    Answer Question
  • How would you manage a frustrated and flustered client?
TNTP
Application

I interviewed at TNTP

Interview

The first step was a brief intro call in which basic experience questions were asked and lasted around 45 minutes. They then emailed and me a case study/task to complete related to the role.

Interview Questions
TNTP
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP

Interview

Submit resume/cover letter, phone screen, hiring exercise, final interview. The hiring exercise took a good chunk of time to complete. The entire process from submitting an application to an offer took about 2 months, which wasn't terrible.

Interview Questions
  • Review and analyze two states' educator diversification efforts.
TNTP
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP in Apr 2021

Interview

First, there was a phone interview to discuss my background experience. Then, I received a hiring exercise that I had two days to complete. Next step was an interview with two managers. If I had moved on, I'd interview with the Senior VP.

Interview Questions
  • One question was about a white assistant principal who'd been with the district for 27 years who did not want to have meetings with you. What would you think was the reason she avoided your requests for a meeting and how would you get her to meet with you?
TNTP
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP

Interview

Backed out of the interview process after it required a "4-hour" hiring exercise in only the second round. It was a red flag that they'd ask someone to do a half a day of unpaid work for an interview, especially so early on in the process. When considered in conjunction with the reviews about terrible work/life balance at TNTP, it feels like a bullet dodged.

TNTP
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP

Interview

The initial screen was with a recruiter. The conversation was 30 minutes and was standard with questions about experience and interest in company. The next step was to complete an extensive hiring task. The hiring task said it should take 4-5 hours but in actuality took 7-9 hours to complete thoroughly and required research, a 3 page written document, and the preparation of a powerpoint deck for a presentation. Despite asking for confirmation there was no response from the recruiter until 2 weeks later when I was notified that I had not progressed to the next stage because my qualifications were not a good fit for the role (which could have been seen on a resume, before asking for a task). The email also included a line to not ask for feedback because they don't provide it. TNTP requires extensive up front investment from candidates but does not demonstrate care or respect for candidates' work. They will ask for hiring tasks even if they do not consider individuals to be under serious consideration for the role.

Interview Questions
TNTP
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP in Feb 2021

Interview

It started with a 45 minute phone screening, followed by a hiring exercise, then a interview that included presenting my work, and concluding with a final interview with team members. The hiring exercise was extensive and had I not been offered a position, I would have been frustrated with the amount of time I spent on it. Otherwise, I found the process to be fair and well communicated. From the time of my phone screening to getting an offer took 2 months.

Interview Questions
  • Q: As if you were in a mock meeting with a potential funder, please present the following slides of your hiring exercise to us.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP (Brooklyn, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

Had the initial prescreening interview which took about 45 minutes. Was invited to participate in a hiring exercise which they said should take 3-4 hours but took 10 hours to be exact. The work required real district data and potential leads for consulting work. After that, a rejection letter showed up. No information why other than, we are moving other candidates forward. Was probably one of the worst interviewing experiences so far especially since if you don’t know someone in the company you’re probably not getting in. Also it seems the interviews are staged and internal candidates are already lined up. Seems to be a legal formality more than an ethical hiring process. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions
TNTP
Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in Jan 2021

Interview

Interview process started with a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter, standard questions. Moved on to a hiring exercise which took about an hour or so to complete, not too difficult. Then moved on to a video interview with two individuals. Both were extremely nice and conversational and explained the job duties well. Felt good leaving that interview, but then received a rejection email two weeks later. No big deal, other candidates better fit the position. However, what irked me was that the rejection email stated no feedback could be given on why you aren’t advancing. I would think after making it that far and investing the time it took for all three interview steps they could at the very least provide some interview feedback. Overall a decent experience, but that rubbed me the wrong way.

Interview Questions
TNTP
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP (Washington, DC) in Dec 2020

Interview

Had an initial 45 minute phone screening. Then a formal interview with the hiring manager discussing my work sample that I created. That work sample took about 8 hours from start to finish to complete. After that I was told that I am moving into the next round to meet the panel. Shortly afterwards, I was told they apologize but they will be moving forward with an internal candidate. They encouraged me to apply for other positions in the company. Unbelievably unprofessional and disheartening experience. Several findings from my interactions with the folks at TNTP - they seem to be uncomfortable with BIPOC in leadership positions yet they claim to be for antiracist and systematic change initiatives. Additionally, most of their leadership have been in the classrooms for less than 5 years. Minimal experiences can't drive impactful change. Especially coming from senior leaders who need to model best practices. Finally, what do they do with their intensive hiring exercises? Are they free labor that drives their initiatives? Who's monitoring this process to ensure ethics that TNTP isn't cheating their candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Consulting exercise, review data and create a pitch for a local school district. Also, what experiences do I have that can drive success in this role.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Interviews