TNTP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TNTP Interview Questions

Interviews at TNTP

3.5

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Applied via the TNTP website and a few days later received an invitation to join a 30 minute phone interview. After successfully moving to the next stage, I had a 30 minute Zoom interview with a manager. Later that afternoon, I received a call that I was offered the position

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

Critical thinking skills and the STAR method are key with this company. Be prepared for scenarios, circumstances, and questions that force you to think beyond the surface. Overall the company is very goal oriented for a good cause and looks for employees that share the same drive.

Interview Questions

• Specifically, they asked questions about how I handle specific types of scenarios that would familiarize me with the job.   Answer Question

Senior Effectiveness Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

The interview process was a positive experience. I went through a few rounds--each one of them was a remote interview. The people I was interacting with were very professional and timely. For one round, I had to complete a hiring exercise. The expectations for the exercise were very clear.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with people who have a different perspective than you?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TNTP (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

An initial application was submitted, an email of acceptance was then sent out. Following acceptance there was a video call interview in which you are asked questions to assess your motivations. Within a week of this interview, the final decision was sent out for acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to teach in urban communities?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TNTP.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview opportunity for the analyst position. Though I was very busy these days, I scheduled my time for the interview and prepared for it for a night. Then just half an hour before the interview, they cancelled it and told me they don't want this position any more.

If they've made any decisions, they should tell me earlier, not just before the interview. I felt they are very disrespectful to people and probably only wanted to test their recruitment system. Anyway, I will never apply this company again.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNTP in March 2019.

Interview

Bait and switch. Posting was for a FT job with benefits. On the screening call they asked if I would consider a contract position. Then followed up with an offer for a temp position, and were unable to afford the equivalent contractor rate required to meet the minimum salary + benefits package they offer FT employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to be considered for an independent contractor position if the full time position were not available?   1 Answer

Communications Director Interview

Interview

Recruiter called at the wrong time (I gave her MST time zone, she called at MDT). Easy mistake. I didn’t answer, expecting a call an hour later. She left a terse voicemail, and then didn’t respond to my call or email back at all. Just feels really unprofessional, and certainly left me with a bad impression of the company and how they treat people.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very long. There was a 30 minute phone screen, a 2-part hiring exercise, then another 1-hour interview over the phone in order to discuss my logic when completing the hiring exercise.

I understand that this position had a lot of significant duties, however, the interview process was very discouraging. I also understand a challenging hiring process but not a brutal one like this one. I would not want to work for a company that makes their staff jump through extensive hoops.

Site Manager, Academics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was invited to a phone screen fairly quickly. Following that, I completed and submitted a hiring exercise--it was an interesting task with detailed requirements, requiring several hours of time. I then completed a phone interview and two video interviews. Up until the final interview, my experience had been positive; the process was not moving very quickly and at one point paused for two months. The talent managers I spoke to were responsive & helpful, sometimes calling me on the phone to keep me apprised of next steps. I was very disappointed when, after four interviews and several months in the pipeline, I was sent a stock/form rejection email with no further information. I responded to request some feedback or clarification beyond the template I'd been sent, and was informed that TNTP does not provide any feedback to candidates. It's fine to not have received an offer, but after such a long process and four interviews, I found it professionally discourteous and disrespectful of the time I'd invested to simply email a stock letter with no further context or information, especially I'd spoken to hiring managers personally on the phone about my progress multiple times prior.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach designing a professional development session for school district staff to introduce a new mandatory curriculum?   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TNTP (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I found the organization to be highly unprofessional during the interview process. I completed a phone screen and then a hiring exercise. I was then asked to schedule an hour long video interview to debrief my hiring exercise and to learn more about the position. After providing my availability I received an email stating the team needed to meet with their client to assess their specific needs and if they could touch base with me in 2 weeks. I later received an email that they decided they needed to hire locally and they were moving forward with local candidates. Why do you post a job and have people invest in a process without knowledge of your client needs? It is unprofessional to waste the time of a candidate. There is a difference between not being offered a job after the interview process is complete and being strung along because the company is disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Hiring task included analyzing a unit plan and responding to a leadership scenario related to the unit plan.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.