TPP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TPP Interview Questions

Updated 19 Sep 2018

3.1

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPP in March 2016.

Interview

First of all, I have to say this is the most unprofessional interview experience I ever have. I applied online but the online application system was full of bugs so that I couldn't submit at all. Then I tried to send an email. Then I got a call on a random day from an Analyst who was also my interviewer informing me of a Skype interview appointment. Ok, I said I need to check my schedule. Then I heard the Analyst laughing!! Well, OK, if you think this is funny. Then on the scheduled day at the scheduled time, I waited for 30 min with no one contacting me!! I called the reception to ask what was wrong with my interviewer, and the answer was he just arrived at his office (which was 30 min after the scheduled interview time.) So they re-scheduled the interview to one hour later. Ok, fine. The interview started with some very simple math questions and then some typical and easy questions about your personality. Nothing about competency. The whole process seemed super casual and super unprofessional. Even did not explain to me anything about their not being punctual.

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in February 2016.

Interview

After reading the horror stories about the rudeness of interviews at TPP, I was expecting the worst and braced myself as best I could. In fairness, the interviews are very blunt and cold, if you do not make it to the next stage they will tell you 'Thanks, thats all we need for today', and then email you a rejection a few days later. I applied for the Commercial Manager role and made it through two interviews before hearing that phrase and being sent home. The questions they ask are deliberately designed to throw you off, so prepare to hold your nerve if you have an interview with TPP. I found a decent technique was to try and lead the interview as best you can, ask them where they would like you to sit, practically force them to shake your hand etc... Unfortunately I fell down on one of the logic problems, which I will detail below.

The building itself has a very weird era, even if I had passed the interviews it's not a place I would choose to work! 28k is certainly generous, but I got the feeling the job would be very cold.

Interview Questions

• A logic problem about marbles in a bag.
      Another logic about egg timers.
      Invite four celebrities to come dine with me...
      Who do you like more, me or the other interviewer?

I had a marketing background as experience and they very bluntly asked me why on earth I had applied for Commercial Manager!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Oxford, England) in February 2018.

Interview

When applying you need to schedule a 1-hour aptitude test, after taking the test they have contacted me in a few days to schedule an interview for next week. Interview takes around 15-20 minutes and it consisted of a couple of logic puzzles and some general questions about the company and myself. They rejected me a couple of days after the interview. Overall the process went pretty fast and seemed very well organised.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think are the hardest challenges that TPP faced?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPP (Warwick, West Midlands, England) in November 2017.

Interview

They came to our university campus, we could submit our A levels and GCSE grades on an app and that was it! Then we had an interview in the next few days (I think you need A*AA). There was a maths test that started off with simple addition, but got harder with questions on sequences & ratios, and then some other tough questions. But you would only need GCSE level maths to do it.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 challenges that tpp are facing right now   2 Answers
    • Describe an aspect of your degree to someone who has no experience of that subject in less than 3 sentences.   Answer Question
    • What is the cubed root of 10648?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First was a 25 minute GCSE level maths test.

Then a very short interview with some standard interview questions in addition to a logic puzzle question.

During my working to answer the marbles problem, I was constantly interrupted by one of the interviewers, making me lose my train of thought (which could be on purpose). I feel I would have performed better if I were allowed to finish the problem and then discuss with the interviewers if I had gone down the wrong path.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a quick phone call to arrange an interview date after submitting my CV. The interview day consisted of a 25 minute maths test, which had simple questions increasing in difficulty but with some time pressure. In the interview itself didn't we didn't talk about that test but instead they asked more general questions and then we did a brain teaser.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPP (Oxford, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied at campus and registered for an interview through a careers fair. An interview was quickly scheduled, and involved a maths test before a 15-20 minute interview. The interview involved questions about TTP and maths problems.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. Was invited for an interview a few days after my application.

I completed a 30 minute test with maths and logic questions. Not too taxing, but keep an eye on the time.

Interview was conducted with two staff. One was rather creepy. I was given two brain teaser questions to solve on the whiteboard.

The whole place had an odd vibe to it. The offices are large, but half the seats are empty! Weird open-plan structure- 50 workers clustered together in a large room, bordered by glass doors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Travelled about 3 hours there on the train, then only there for about an hour in total, then 3 hours back - pretty long day. Arrived and had 20/25 minutes to complete some maths questions. Then interviewed with a couple of current employees. That was it. Nothing bad as such, but I feel like it would have been nice if they had shown me round a bit or properly talked me through/showed me the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions around why TPP's SystemOne was better than competition and discussed potential drawbacks.
      Then up on the board to do a couple of maths questions.
      How many streetlights are there in the UK?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Initially given a fairly simple (GCSE) written maths test, timed at 15 mins. During this time expenses for my travel to Leeds for the interview were sorted out. After the test I was interviewed by two relatively friendly existing software developers. Initially I was asked standard questions such as "why tpp?", following which I was asked to explain the intent and errors in some pseudocode. After that I was given two logic problems to consider. The interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.