TPP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TPP Interview Questions

Interviews at TPP

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TPP in March 2016.

Interview

First of all, I have to say this is the most unprofessional interview experience I ever have. I applied online but the online application system was full of bugs so that I couldn't submit at all. Then I tried to send an email. Then I got a call on a random day from an Analyst who was also my interviewer informing me of a Skype interview appointment. Ok, I said I need to check my schedule. Then I heard the Analyst laughing!! Well, OK, if you think this is funny. Then on the scheduled day at the scheduled time, I waited for 30 min with no one contacting me!! I called the reception to ask what was wrong with my interviewer, and the answer was he just arrived at his office (which was 30 min after the scheduled interview time.) So they re-scheduled the interview to one hour later. Ok, fine. The interview started with some very simple math questions and then some typical and easy questions about your personality. Nothing about competency. The whole process seemed super casual and super unprofessional. Even did not explain to me anything about their not being punctual.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest success?   1 Answer

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England).

Interview

Waited for more than an hour to get interviewed and travelled almost 4 hrs for an interview that could've been done on a video call. The lady who interviewed me admitted that she was just given this task, but was not supposed to interview me initially. The interview last for 20 minutes approximately, but they say that it's so short because they don't care about HR questions.

Interview Questions

• How many pieces of toast are eaten for breakfast every morning in a place that you're from?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had to sit a logic test first of all, which was actually quite hard. I would recommend some online prep on different kinds of logic questions just to get used to the kind of questions you're likely to see.

Got through the logic test to the next round which was an in person interview in Leeds. The in person interview was quite intense, the guy doing the interview was pretty stonefaced, though I wouldn't take that as a bad sign, as I got through to the next round. Mainly the interview varied from normal interview stuff (e.g. talk about challenges, team work, etc.) to an on the spot logic puzzle. Interview was not too formal -- the guy who did the interview was wearing a hoodie and jeans.

I did not do the final interview stage, as I decided to pursue something else, however this was going to be an interview with higher ranking members of the company.

One (kind of) shady thing they asked me to do was sign a contract after the in person interview stating that I was free in September. This was before they had even offered me a job, and was supposedly to make sure I didn't run off to have a holiday after my degree or something. It was pretty bizarre, and a bit of a red flag given the fact that they hadn't offered me a job or discussed salary or anything like that. I can't imagine it actually legally binds you towards working for them, especially since I decided to pursue something else and got no dramas from them. So I guess one piece of advice is not to be scared by that piece of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is a project you're most proud of?   1 Answer

Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in August 2020.

Interview

The first two interviews were pleasant but the last interviewer was so abrasive that it left me with an extremely unpleasant feeling about the interview as a whole. It seemed like she was trying to make me as uncomfortable as possible, and I wouldn't like to work with her. They also refused to give me any feedback even though I travelled for over an hour to attend the interview day.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in July 2020.

Interview

As a person with almost 10 years industry experience, I am appalled at this interview process. If you don't read this whole thing, please just trust me and do not waste your time here. I'm yet to receive an offer, and very happy for it to stay that way.

After an initial 'chat' with a rushed and completely uninterested interviewer who asked nothing about my experience or interest in the role, I was asked to complete a problem solving exercise. After this it was my turn to ask questions, of which I had a few. We were quickly disrupted by someone asking how long we were going to be - the interviewer replied '2 minutes' (!!) and proceeded to roll his eyes when I asked another question. I was then asked to wait for 20 more minutes whilst he went to find out if anyone else was to interview me. I wish I had left there and then because things were about to get 100 times worse....

Next I was lead to a room with a Director & the C*O. They started by telling me they hadn't even had the common courtesy to have read over my CV so needed a moment to read over it. I'm not quite sure why they bothered as what followed was a series of mental maths questions fired at me despite being told it has nothing to do with the role, they just like to put pressure on you - I'm talking square routes, cubed routes, dice probability etc etc...not sure what this has to do with the responsibilities of a Product Specialist, but make sure to brush up on your 27 times tables LOL!

The 'interview' finished with them informing me it was a 2000/1 chance that I was sat in front of them. They may consider me 'lucky', but I certainly don't - I left feeling angry, embarrassed and belittled.

Interview Questions

• Don't expect to be asked anything about your experience, or why you are interested in the role or the company, or anything about yourself at all - they want to belittle you by asking you to perform problem solving exercises with zero relevance to the job and if you're 'lucky' enough to get through to meet very senior management they will fire continuous mental maths questions at you verbally, in an extremely intimidating manner. Trust me, don't bother wasting your time.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online during lockdown. Travelled to the office for the test. They have different tests for the different roles, they marked them in about 5 mins and everyone who had sat the analyst test was sent home without an interview.

Marketing and Communication Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England).

Interview

Applied online, completed some testing and was invited for an interview at their Leeds HQ. I arrived, sat in the waiting area and eventually met 2 interviewers who took me into a meeting room. I was asked experience and degree-related questions, followed by some maths problem-solving questions. The interview was only 10 minutes and it felt very rushed, I was not impressed by the structure and lack of time given to me.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in July 2020.

Interview

Simple online application. This was followed up by a quick 15 minute phone call, outlining some of my previous jobs and experience. I was then asked to come for a face to face interview in Horsforth. Similar questions around my degree and work experience to see how they fit into the job role. Was asked a logic question, that was discussed through with the interviewer.
    Having seen other reviews on glassdoor, I get the feeling they dont really need the extra staff, but are always on the lookout to add people if they are particularly good.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TPP (Leeds, England) in July 2020.

Interview

First sorted out travel expenses, not too long a wait but did insist on a in person interview despite COVID- 19 situation. A short informal chat with one person who works in the role I was applying for, asked questions about the organisation, my CV and some related to the role. Also discussed the structure of the role and organisation (a flat hierarchy) Told that if succesful I would have another interview with two directors. Heard back within a week.

Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsforth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TPP (Horsforth, England) in July 2020.

Interview

There was a sudden pre-screening interview initially via telephone which was relatively quick and then after that I was invited to a face-to-face interview at their head office (during covid-19, which I did find a little odd). It only lasted about 10 minutes or so and was relatively standard questions; asking about what I do in my spare time, why did i study my degree, and is there anything that isn't on my CV. It was then followed up by a secondary quick interview with a few of the directors asking what other jobs I have applied for besides TPP and if my friends or family ask me why i'm applying for this role at TPP and who they are, how would I respond.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.