TPP Reviews

Found 227 of over 235 reviews

2.3
TPP CEO  Frank Hester
Frank Hester
Pros
  • "There is a genuinely flat hierarchy, although more experienced people's opinions tend to be more respected than others(in 14 reviews)

• "Few companies are willing to hire candidates for all roles with no prior experience and virtually none with such a high starting salary(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company preaches a 'flat hierarchy', but the reality is that it's run by the people who are most 'Phoenix' (yes, they really use that term)(in 19 reviews)

• "of positive reviews in the last month(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

219 Comments

Tech

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=TPP~830252
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic

Oct 8, 2021 - Senior Clinical Systems Analyst in Horsforth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at TPP for 14 years and left about 9 months ago to start a new chapter working in the outdoors, I wanted to write this after I had left and become self-employed as I could offer a unique perspective without any influence from the company. I would strongly recommend a career at TPP to anyone that wants to work in the IT industry. The work they do leads to real world benefits, and you can directly see the things you work on helping people. You will also be part of a team that is extremely passionate about what they do and who deeply care about the product they produce. I wouldn’t have left TPP to work for a different company in IT, I felt at home and if I had wanted to remain in the industry I would have preferred to stay there. I knew that if I ever had a problem either personal or professional, I could tell anyone (especially the management team), and they would do what they could to help. Long story short I am very lucky to have had the chance to work in this team, I have learnt a lot and experienced some fantastic things, the pay was excellent, and you would be missing out if you didn’t give it a go.

Cons

It’s not easy, you will be challenged, expected to give your best and say what you think. You will also need to be as passionate and committed as everyone around you. This can mean it’s not for everyone, as it leads you to putting pressure on yourself to perform well and seeing your own mistakes can be tough. Don’t let that put you off trying though, most people would say they want a job that challenges them and that helps people. It’s also worth saying when things go well you see the rewards!

5 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

its ok

Oct 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

high starting salary when you start

Cons

work hours and bad management

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Learned lots

Sep 14, 2021 - Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn lots. Nice people. Good perks. Pay amazing.

Cons

Pressure - especially close to a go live for newer products. Easy to focus on what we’ve done wrong so really helps when coders get feedback from happy users but need to do that more. Knowing you’ve helped patients or doctors is massive.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I hoped the reviews weren’t true… they are

Oct 10, 2021 - Business Analyst in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working in healthcare a lot; experienced CSA teammates were often mindful of giving new starters useful experience/learning opps as much as possible; salary; benefits; work can be stimulating (although not many transferable skills); Very reasonable hours (although for the three weeks I was there I didn’t have to do out of hours stuff so maybe the work life balance would’ve become worse with time); cross-disciplinary collaboration (ie lots of work with coders) It’s a shame because there are positives to working at TPP and it could be a very decent graduation position. You might decide to join the company thinking it’s worth the risk of a bad experience.

Cons

My contract was terminated three weeks after I started. I was not told what the problem was as the HR reps could only give me the ‘information they had access to’ (it was very much a don’t shoot the messenger act). That morning, my team had given me work to do for the rest of the week so I assume they were unaware I was about to be fired. I emailed several times afterwards to follow up on why I was fired and got a generic response about my performance not being reflective of TPP’s core values. When I asked for specifics I got no response. Another new starter had their contract terminated a few days before me with no explanation too. I probably wasn’t there long enough to speculate on whether the directors are as 'evil' as some reviews on here say they are. But I can say that all new starters realise within a couple of weeks that you will never feel at ease at TPP. It’s quite sinister receiving emails that ‘Person X has left TPP’ knowing that you could be next even if you have done nothing wrong. As the salary is good, new starters often sign 12-month leases for nice expensive apartments. Then you join the company and realise how precarious your position is. But you’ve got a £800-900pcm 12-month lease to pay. The CEO (Frank) and the MD addressed the glass door reviews in a talk with me and other new starters during my second week. Frank told us a lengthy anecdote about an employee he’d unfortunately had to sack and who he later bumped into at the pub. They got into a chat and the former employee was initially very angry at Frank for how he’d been treated at TPP. However, once Frank corrected his version of events reminding him of what had really happened, the former employee calmed down a lot and said, ‘oh yeah, you’re right Frank. That is what happened.’ According to Frank, the moral of this story was that people often ‘misremember’ things. So, we didn’t need to worry about the glass door reviews because that was just people misremembering things. Frank also clarified that he didn’t care what people were saying about TPP on Glassdoor in any case. In the same talk with the new starters, Frank acknowledged that some employees got these weird pangs of paranoia and started to worry about getting fired. One employee had recently come to Frank and said to him ‘you know that weird feeling you mentioned I might get, Frank? Well, I’m getting it.’ Because the employee was honest and upfront, Frank was able to have an open conversation with him and put his mind at ease, and they all lived happily ever after. I’m ashamed to say that, despite everything, I felt a bit reassured by this story. True, things were looking a bit sinister at TPP, but if I ever felt like my position was in jeopardy maybe I could just talk it over with one of the directors. 5 working days later, one of the new starters who Frank told this story to on the patio was fired without warning. 2 working days after that, I was. I know that I said I wouldn’t speculate on whether the management at TPP were ‘evil’, but after my contract was terminated I thought about how twisted it was that Frank told us the story about employee paranoia. Obviously, he will have known that there was a good chance several of us would likely be sacked for no reason in a matter of weeks/days. Really seems like he was just pacifying the cattle before leading them to the abattoir.

18 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Awful

Oct 13, 2021 - Software Developer in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tea and coffee and water

Cons

Truly awful place to work, no redeeming points.

12 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee

As bad as it gets

Oct 3, 2021 - Software Developer in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The positive is that you will literally never ever work in an environment as toxic and suffocating as this one.

Cons

The Owner and CEO are the main source of all the problems, they do not care about the environment, staff mental health and well being are not on their register, people are walking away and they are acting as if they are not the cause - staff at this place are expendible and not valued one iota. Bullying, senior staff favouritism, meetings to intimidate employees and spread company propaganda are tactics that are used by the management. The company does the bare minimum to look after the staff. Technology and practices are dated. This place is as bad as it gets.

17 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

graduate analyst

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good environment and also pay

Cons

too many work and pressure

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0

Not good

Sep 24, 2021 - External Consultant in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is high, free sandwiches on Friday

Cons

The company is totally in a disaster.

13 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

shocking cult ..ignore fake 5* star reviews

Sep 21, 2021 - Analyst in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

salary and free sandwiches on a friday

Cons

Tyrannical hierarchy, oppressive work environment, walking on egg shells

15 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

Awful

Sep 6, 2021 - Product Support Specialist in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a reason why the salaries are so high - if something looks too good to be true it usually is.

Cons

All in all a bad place to work. Morale is at an all time low in the team, it's obvious to everyone that the MD pandering to the CEO and is playing him for a fool. This is leading to a vicious cycle, of low company morale, lack of direction and impotent management team, people are leaving in droves. If it wasn't so bad it would be a comedy. Avoid.

19 people found this review helpful