Taylor Wimpey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Sep 2018

3.6

1. Featured Interview

Head of Department Interview

Interview

Detailed telephone discussion with head of resourcing, followed by two comprehensive interviews - firstly with head of resourcing and Group Sales & Marketing Director, then with Divisional Chairman and Group HR Director which included a 15min presentation. All were very positive interactions which gave a clear and consistent view of the culture and vision of the business.

11 Oct 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review, we always keen to hear how candidates have found the interview process. I am pleased to hear you found it informative and overall a positive experience. We make sure these... More

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (High Wycombe, England) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a two stage interview process, both in person. The first stage was with the Divisional managing Director and HR. The second stage was with the head of HR and the Chairman.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to Leadership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Similar to most other graduate programmes: online application, telephone interview, psychometric analysis, group interview, final interview.

Taylor Wimpey is a friendly company and the recruitment process was clear, honest and direct. The entire purpose was to get to know candidates as individuals and to see if they have the characteristics which will allow them to integrate and flourish within the organisation -regardless of whatever knowledge and experience they may have. In saying this, make sure you do your homework on the economy, the company, and the industry in general.

Anonymous Employee in Hildenborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Hildenborough, England) in June 2016.

Interview

The first stage is an online application with some questions
    Then a telephone interview which lasts for about half an hour
    Then an online personality, situational judgement and reasoning test
    Then a video interview
    Then an assessment center which consists of a number group and individual tasks such as presentations and bridge building
    Then the final interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Bristol, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The Taylor Wimpey Interview and Hiring Process has been informative and innovative from the start. Initially I sent away my CV with a Covering letter, my application was then progressed on to the next stage; this involved preparing a video of myself answering questions about "what makes you a good candidate/what makes you different". This video had to be contained to two minutes and could be as creative as you wanted as long as it responded to the questions. Following on from this stage a telephone interview was scheduled; this lasted for 30 minutes, this allowed the interviewer the chance to talk to me about my experiences and situations I have found myself in as well as offering me a chance to find out more information about the company. At the conclusion of this phone interview I was informed I would be progressed on to the next stage of the process which involved a variety of on line tests.

I successfully navigated these tests to progress me to the next stage of an assessment centre, something I hadn’t participated in before. Although seemingly a daunting experience it allowed me the opportunity to converse with fellow candidates as well as a variety of Taylor Wimpey personnel. My assessment centre slot lasted for the duration of the afternoon and began with a variety of informative presentations including a presentation from a successful graduate last year. The day was then broken down into an individual exercise based on an information pack and presenting back your findings in a 50 minutes period advising a theoretical client based on your findings. The second section was based on a team based exercise to see how you interact within a group environment. A very well constructed and an enjoyable experience that removed the pressure of the environment you were in.

Finally, after being notified of my success at this stage the last stage was a final interview, this involved a face to face interview as well as preparing a presentation, the content of the presentation had to responded to a question set by Taylor Wimpey (A couple of options to choose) and had to be no more than 15 minutes long. The interview itself went on for around an hour and I was informed of their decision to offer me the role within half an hour of leaving the interview.

All in all the whole process was very enjoyable, it took around three/four months from my initial application to being offered the role, I now wait in anticipation of my start date on September 4th 2017.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

To start there was a phone interview which covered the basics like my education and why I had applied, then I had to record a video submission giving a brief talk on why I was interested in the position and particularly with Taylor Wimpey. I also had to complete online competency questions but these were very easy compared to some employers.
    After this there was a group assessment centre where we had tasks such as team working and presentations. The final step was an individual interview with two senior members of staff, this was the most formal part of the process and the most nerve wracking.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but well worth it. I had such a positive experience at each stage and interviewers really wanted you to do well. Interviewers were very considerate at notifying you of the outcome at each stage and providing feedback. Taylor Wimpey gives you many opportunities to succeed so it is important to embrace them.

Ensure that you are thoroughly prepared in current trends in the house building industry and you can demonstrate skills that you have gained through previous work experience / University. It is important to demonstrate a passion for the house building industry and for Taylor Wimpey's business culture. There are no trick questions in this process and they are not trying to catch you out so prepare well and you'll do well!

Interview Questions

• What measures would you take to ensure Taylor Wimpey continues to be successful against this evolving economic and political backdrop?   Answer Question
    • What would be your strategy be to attract more people into the housebuilding sector?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was very positive. I had already accepted another job at the time of their offer however, Taylor Wimpey were still keen to get me to come in and interview. I asked to speak to a graduate for more information and they were more than happy to accommodate. Very excited to join in September.

26 Jun 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Hi, thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your offer. Always useful to hear about candidates' experiences and how they have found the various interview stages. We review our selection... More

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Solihull, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Process was:
    CV and cover letter
    2 minute video answering 2 questions
    Phone interview of 'killer questions'
    Online tests
    Assessment centre
    Final interview

A very thorough hiring process where I found that the company really knew me by the final stage!

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other graduates?   1 Answer

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process involving initial application, video interview, phone interview, tests, assessment centre and final interview. The requirements for each stage were clear, and there was support available throughout. The assessment centre was actually quite fun (as far as assessment centres go) and I left feeling more knowledgeable about the company and their values.
    I left with a really good impression of the company, and although I didn't receive an offer, I will be looking out for future opportunities within the organisation.

Interview Questions

Taylor Wimpey Response

26 Jun 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Assessment Centre stage and you left the process feeling positive. Even though you did not receive an offer it sounds like you would be open... More

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England

Interview

The process was timely, well managed and all interviewers gave an accurate and honest description of both the role and the business. The three stages allowed both the interviewers and myself as a candidate to really explore if I was the right match - therefore I feel the time invested by both the business and myself was well spent.

Interview Questions

• A number of competency based questions based upon the role specification.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (High Wycombe, England) in August 2016.

Interview

- Online Application
    - Video Interview (recorded answers to two questions)
    - Telephone Interview (based around Taylor Wimpey competencies)
    - Online Assessment
    - Group Assessment Centre (group and individual presentation)
    - Final Interview (individual presentation and panel interview)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.