Taylor Wimpey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 2 May 2018

3.5

1. Featured Interview

Head of Department Interview

Interview

Detailed telephone discussion with head of resourcing, followed by two comprehensive interviews - firstly with head of resourcing and Group Sales & Marketing Director, then with Divisional Chairman and Group HR Director which included a 15min presentation. All were very positive interactions which gave a clear and consistent view of the culture and vision of the business.

Taylor Wimpey Response

11 Oct 2017 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your review, we always keen to hear how candidates have found the interview process. I am pleased to hear you found it informative and overall a positive experience. We make sure these... More

Graduate Role Interview

Interview

Submitted a CV on their careers portal. Was then asked to complete a video interview. Was 24 hours to answer two questions in three minutes. You could record this as many times as you wanted.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about and why does this make you a good candidate   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bury St Edmunds, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Bury St Edmunds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially set up via an agency so first contact was at the interview. Really nice experience, met the sales director who put me at ease straight away.. I wasn’t offered a drink of water and the room was very warm.

Interview Questions

• I wasn’t asked any rigid or questions really, I had to talk through my CV career history, it was an informal interview that really put me at ease.   Answer Question

General Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Solihull, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Multiple stages; online assessment, video interview, telephone interview, GIA tests, assessment centre and final interview. At the assessment centre i had an unprofessional experience where I overheard my two assessor for the individual assignment talking negatively about the previous candidate, I stopped listening but I felt this impacted on my confidence and performance. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Taylor Wimpey Response

23 Apr 2018 – Head of Resourcing

Thank you for your feedback on our graduate recruitment process. We are sorry you left the assessment centre not feeling that it had been an entirely positive experience for you. As a business we... More

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

Interview

started with and online application, then a 2 1/2 minute video proposal of why you want to work for them and what makes you stand out from other candidates, followed by a 30 minute telephone interview, psychometric tests, assessment centre, interview with partners and then offer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Interview

The first stage in the process was to upload a CV and Covering Letter. After this I was invited to take part in a digital submission. I would have to record myself, for a maximum of two minutes, answering two questions given to me beforehand and send once I was happy with it. The questions were open to interpretation, hence, there was no right or wrong answer. This gave me the chance to show my personality.

After this was a 30 minute competency based telephone interview. The interviewer made me feel very relaxed and I always felt at ease. I would recommend using the STAR method (situation, task, action and result) to answer the competency questions. I would also recommend stating your enthusiasm for travelling around the country and changing locations every 6 months. I was then invited to take an online test. This was different to previous online tests I had done, with easier questions but requiring you to answer a lot more quickly.

Next was the Assessment Centre and I attended the one in Birmingham. It was half a day comprising of presentations from current employees and two tasks. The first was an independent presentational activity and the second was a group activity. The presentations given were extremely informative and all presenters’ personalities really shone, giving me the impression that Taylor Wimpey would be a very personable company to work for. The solo task was quite challenging but this led to it being enjoyable and rewarding. The group task was surprisingly fun and a lot different from other Assessment Centres I had attended.

Finally was the face to face interview with two interviewers. They were both extremely friendly and put me at ease from the start. I didn’t feel under pressure at any point. The first part consisted of general questions about myself and my motives along with a couple of competency questions. This felt like an informal chat and again, I felt at ease. The second part had me present on a topic for approximately 15 minutes. I was given two topics to choose from on the house building industry a couple of weeks before the interview, so was given plenty of time to prepare for it. There were some follow up questions afterwards that were quite tricky, hence, I would definitely recommend preparing yourself for anything that may come your way.

I was very impressed with the whole recruitment process, especially how personable it was at every stage. This really set Taylor Wimpey apart from other recruitment processes I have taken part in in the past and, ultimately, why I chose Taylor Wimpey!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were the leader of a team   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Wakefield, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process quite intimidating - no interaction from panel. They did not contact me with their decision - rang but no response. Extremely unprofessional - feedback is a must when you interview to help you through future interviews - SHAMBLES

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Manchester, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was structured in a suitable way and consisted of the following steps listed below:

Online Application Form (Qualifications)
    Video Interview (Motivation)
    Telephone Interview
    Online Assessment (Skills needed for position you are applying to)
    Assessment Centre
    Face to Face Interview

Interview Questions

• What you are passionate about and why does this make you a good candidate?   Answer Question
    • What differentiates you that makes you a strong applicant for the Taylor Wimpey Graduate Scheme?   Answer Question

General Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hook, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (Hook, South East England, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Taylor Wimpey website, which required you to upload a CV and Cover Letter.
    I was then progressed to the next stage; a short video submission. I was sent two questions to interpret and respond to however I wished.
    The next step was a 30 minute phone interview, focusing mainly on competency based questions. To best prepare for this I would recommend looking at Taylor Wimpey's culture and values, the 'what we look for' section and the 'key behaviours' on the graduate scheme description- then think of how your experiences might match these.
    After this, I was invited to complete the General Intelligence Assessment - an online speed and accuracy test which was quite fun, but you definitely need a quiet room with no distractions!
    The assessment centre was next, I attended the day in Leeds. This involved a group exercise and then an individual task to prepare and present a presentation to two members of staff. The day itself was informative and fun, the staff there really tried to help you feel at ease and bring the best out in you. We had a presentation at the start of the day to get to know a bit more about the company, the graduate scheme and some of the staff gave presentations about their experiences. Throughout the day, you get the chance to speak to previous graduates and directors etc which gives you a good insight. Although the build up to the day was very nerve wracking, it's very important that you get your personality across and show yourself in the best light. Remember to see the other candidates not as your competition, but your potential colleagues and it's as much about you finding out if the company is the right fit for you as it is the other way around.
    Finally, was the face to face interview in Hook. From the start, the two interviewers were really friendly and personable. It started with a short presentation I had prepared, followed by questions relating to the presentation and finally some questions mainly based around my CV and experiences. It felt more like a conversation and they were both clear that there were not necessarily any right or wrong answers, it was more to get to know me as a person.
    I was offered the job the next day and gladly accepted.
    I have been really impressed by the whole recruitment process, the staff have been clear and informative, keeping me in the loop at all stages. The more I learned about Taylor Wimpey and the people working there, the more I wanted to be part of the team.
    Really looking forward to starting in September.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey in July 2017.

Interview

Taylor Wimpey's interview process was fairly lengthy and intensified at each progressing stage, however, this defined the candidates who are suitable for the job and can work well in a range of scenarios. My interview process began with an online application, followed by a situational strengths exam, a phone interview with the recruitment team, second to last an assessment day, which concluded of two tasks, an individual business scenario assessment and a team building exercise, and finally, an individual interview which required me to present a PowerPoint on a provided topic which was accompanied by Q&A about my CV.

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taylor Wimpey (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

To start there was a phone interview which covered the basics like my education and why I had applied, then I had to record a video submission giving a brief talk on why I was interested in the position and particularly with Taylor Wimpey. I also had to complete online competency questions but these were very easy compared to some employers.
    After this there was a group assessment centre where we had tasks such as team working and presentations. The final step was an individual interview with two senior members of staff, this was the most formal part of the process and the most nerve wracking.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.