Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

For this specific role, they opted for a 4-step Selection Process.

Step 1: Make a 2-minute video clip about one of the given topics (how to rehabilitate Manila, how to revive the OPM/Phil. cinema, hould celebrities join politics and what should be the right percentage of tax). They also said that it has to be creative, informative, and out of the box.

Step 2: A skype interview

Step 3: Group Dynamics

Step 4: 1:1 interview focused on the Data Analytics exercise/assignment. They send a document with performance figures that should be transformed into a Powerpoint presentation.

• Did not proceed with the application
    • Their selection process is too complicated and redundant. The role is for a live chat process and the 2-min. video clip is NOT AT ALL related to the job description
    • Read from other reviews that the company has the tendency to complicate their org structure, processes, and projects.
    • Their previous and current employees also said that they don't have a great culture and compensation package. All of the people I talked to said they want to transfer to other companies.
    • I feel that if their hiring process is this demanding and untelated to the role, there is a tendency that they may demand things like this from their own employees.
    • These information were sent on a Sunday to take place within the next 3 days.
    • They didn't do an initial phone interview to screen the candidates or provide clarifications on expectations.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

It was over Video Conference - the Video unit was not the greatest and felt like perhaps at times when I was answering questions they were looking at my forehead. I get the person I'd be supporting travels a lot but this wasn't the greatest interview experience I've had. I felt comfortable and confident but the setup was not the greatest for a 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience booking travel?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Resume based shortlisting (IIT ; non-circuital branches)

2 coding questions on hackerrank ( dynamic programming) 1 hour

Further shortlisted on the basis of marks .

Ques: Given an array of positive numbers, A the rule is if you select any (say A[i]) you can't select A[i-1] or A[i+1]. What's the best obtainable score?

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Brought in by a recruiter - same day notification. I was interviewed by the VP of Operations. He was very thorough in the interview process. I was hired on the spot with no experience in the industry and successfully negotiated a $5,000 increase after 90 day satisfactory probation period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$5,000 increase after 90 day probation period

Summer Internship Program Interview

Interview

Applied through application portal and was instantly invited to undertake testing. Testing was standard psychometric testing covering logical reasoning, problem solving and soft skills. Application was a simple submission of resume + cover letter etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard psychometric testing used in the application process.   Answer Question

Summer Vacationer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Round 1: Apply online with CV
    Round 2: Video interview with behavioural and motivational questions (you could re-record your response up to 3 times) + Technical assessments
    Round 3: Final interview with a case study

Interview Questions

• When have you shown your flexibility in terms of changing requirements, priorities and deadlines?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to foster a working relationship to produce a better outcome?   Answer Question
    • When have you made sure a project went to completion?   Answer Question

Summer Vacation Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2020.

Interview

Application submission. Online video interview with behavioural and technical questions. Final interview with case study selling pitch followed by certain behavioural questions.
    Extremely insightful experience.
    Researching about the vision, ventures and background of the company was extremely beneficial.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Round 1: Apply online with resume and transcript
    Round 2: Recording video interview (motivational and behavioural questions), coding challenges, game-based assessments. Must finish within 72 hours. Video recording has 3 attempts each.
    Round 3: Case study presentation, Face to face interview

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

There was an online application, video interview and final interview. This was for the accounting and finance stream. Overall, I felt the interviewers weren't very engaged or enthusiastic. It made me feel like Telstra wasn't a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had changing priorities?
      Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.