Tessian Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Tessian

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tessian.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a phone screen, behavioral phone interviews, and a take home case to complete and present on a following call. Scheduling was easy via their too, and everyone was friendly, helpful, communicative, and transparent.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with managing complex projects?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tessian (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Incredibly negative experience. The first phone call, the interviewer was 20 minutes late and barely gave an apology. She gave feedback that I didn't know enough about the company, but put me through to the next round. (I may have shared more if I had more than 10 minutes). Next, I met with a manager who hadn't even started yet at a deserted WeWork. We had a positive conversation, although she was quite abrasive. She verbally told me that she'd like me to move forward with next steps and that I was to begin on a project she would be emailing me the next day. I begin preparing, and I recieved a rejection letter the next day. I was incredibly shocked, and when asked for feedback I was told I did not have enough experience closing a particular deal size. That question was never asked of me, so I was confused about where it was coming from. The next day I received ANOTHER email, saying they regretted their decision and wanted me to continue the process. They wanted me to continue the process with a direct manager that had already rejected me? This place is honestly an unorganized mess, and there is zero internal communication. Unfortunate, because the product seems fantastic, but the San Francisco office is not setting itself up for success.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tessian in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was among the worst I've ever had, which is particularly unfortunate because Tessian has such glowing reviews and is clearly a promising company. It looks like my experience is echoed by that of others as well.

The first step was a phone screen, which was fine and went well - hard to have a bad phone screen at any organization.

The second step was one of the most uninspiring interviews I've ever been in. The interviewer seemed very unenthusiastic and disengaged, and the questions were all really basic and superficial, which made it all the more perplexing when I was told after the interview that the decision was not to move forward, as I felt like we hadn't really had the chance to discuss much at all and my background was a good fit to the role. It was the first time in my career I haven't advanced past the initial interview despite the fact that it was the most vanilla first interview I've ever had. Maybe they were looking for someone to really go above and beyond the questions asked, and carry the tone, spirit and direction of the interview, but that sounds like a pretty crappy strategy.

Overall, I hope the interview process isn't representative of what it's like to work at Tessian, because it was a negative experience.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tessian.

Interview

a video interview, a phone call, and a final video call. VERY unprofessional, hr changed interview three different times and had little care to accommodate my schedule. The whole process was not detailed in the slightest and many details such as where the interview would take place was never correct.

Interview Questions

Tessian Response

22 Jun 2019 – Tessian

Thanks for your review; please accept our apologies that you didn't have a great experience interviewing at Tessian. Your feedback has been passed on to the relevant teams, as we're always looking to improve. We wish you the best of luck with your search.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tessian (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email for a phone screening within a week or two. After the phone call, there's two challenges to complete over email (Marketing & Excel); past that there was a video interview by a panel of four people (CEO, Marketing Manager, Chief of Staff, Talent Acquisition) which lasts around 3 hours - I LOVED this; I felt an immediate fit with the company & its culture. Final round is another video interview with Head of Biz Dev & Sales - this is definitely a little more of a grill session, but thinking fast & adapting your answers based on what they're looking for here is best practice (worked for me). I got my offer a little over a month after first applying & accepted it on the spot, moving cross-continent to take this job - best decision I've ever made.

Python Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tessian (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

A phone call to assess interest. This was quickly followed by an online coding test. Then a video call coding test with an engineer (about 1 hour). Finally an in person interview at their office. This was 1h45 of technical questions with 2 engineers. Then 45minutes with the Head of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm for solving the word puzzle, going from a to b changing only one letter at a time, given a dictionary.   Answer Question
    • Write some simple SQL queries.   Answer Question
    • Explain some cyber security concerns.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tessian in January 2020.

Interview

Only scheduled 15 minutes so seemed very rushed. Asked some bizarre questions. Interviewer has zero recruitment experience and clearly no idea what hes looking for in an ideal candidate!

Advice - get someone who knows what they’re doing as the first POC

Interview Questions

• What makes a good sales candidate for Tessian?   1 Answer

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tessian (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The phone screening went really well.
    An internal recruiter said I would be given feedback on a Monday (this happened on a Thursday) but that never happened.
    I chased, and I was told I would have feedback by the end of the day.
    That didn't happen.
    I chased again, and I was told the position had been filled.

I'm very happy this did not progress, as the recruitment process was dishonest, and I would not like to work for a dishonest company.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tessian.

Interview

Got contacted a few days after sending my application. Proceeded to technical Hackerrank python evaluation. Tessian team mentioned they would not be able to provide specific feedback but that they would update my status ASAP, got ghosted afterwards with no further contact.

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tessian (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Within several days of submitting my CV I was invited for an in-person interview, first with the line manager then with some team members. The day after the interview I received my offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.