The Boston Beer Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Boston Beer Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Boston Beer Company

3.1

Brewery Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

Apply on company website. Complete a Personality Index. Just check the obvious qualities related to sales. HR e-mails you informing you of a HireVue "interview" and gives you a few days to complete it. The e-mail feels personal, but likely a mass e-mail with a fill in the name here line.

I feel comfortable with video interviews because I have done video conferences in the past, so didn't think too much of it. Thought I did ok, but cheesed the last question, the infamous "What makes you stand out among other qualified candidates?".

Received an e-mail saying I'd hear back within 2 weeks.

Well, sure enough, they responded within the hour letting me know I'm not moving on to the next step. They must have really disliked me and my answers lmao. I understand. It's the real world and it sucks.

5 star experience for making a decision so quickly. Definitely took a hit to the ole ego though. No hard feelings.

Onto the next one....Cheers!

Interview Questions

• 1.) Why are you excited about beer sales? Why are you excited to work for the Boston Beer Company over other manufacturers?
      2.) Something about overcoming an objection and a difficult task you had to perform?
      3.) What makes you stand out over other qualified candidates?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

Took several month. First was a hirevue interview, next a phone interview, then an in person interview with a manager, next a ride along, and then a final interview in person. The majority of the questions were questions to get to know me and who I am as opposed to typical interview questions like your past work experience etc... great overall experience!

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company in June 2020.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. It included 2 phone interviews and a 2.5 hour long video interview. The HR manager was incredibly responsive and helpful and I have so much respect for the way they handled the overall process.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Brewery Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

The initial communication and overall process was very positive. I had an initial one way digital interview which consisted of three generic questions, a second phone interview, and a third interview which was done via zoom video conference. I was told that I would know about the next steps in the process by the end of that day and at the latest the next day and never heard back from anyone - it has been over a month now since my third interview and I have followed up multiple times (email and call) to try and get an idea of what the timeline looks like or if they decided to move forward with another candidate. Never even had the professionalism to just let me know I didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn’t see eye to eye with a coworker   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

It was a Hirevue interview. They were basic behavioral questions. I believe it was three questions, 30 seconds to look at the question and 3 minutes to answer. I am unsure of the next steps because I have not heard back yet.

Senior HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breinigsville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Breinigsville, PA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Received a call back and sent a link to video interview with 4 questions. It was an easy process to complete and didn't take more than 45 minutes to complete the entire video interview.
    I submitted it on the same day I received the link to record the video.

Warehouse Manager Interview

Interview

Job was posted in early September of 2019. I applied 9/12/19. I supplied cover letter along with resume as specifically stated required. I also continued to check the status of my submission via the jobvite site they use to communicate with candidates regarding their status in the selection process. They clearly stated in the job posting to NOT contact HR and utilize the site. I thought this was great and at time spoke even further to the culture of the company. So many jobs submitted to you never get any communication from unless selected. You either simply never hear anything or at some point the employer disappears so you are left to assume what happened. After 3 months of the job posting remaining open and my status remaining as “in process” I decided there must be an issue with either the system, the site or possibly just that with it being end of year the process had been put on hold or for budgetary change reasons. I reached out to 3 HR representatives, site management and regional level Ops management via LinkedIn in to both express my continued enthusiasm in the position as well as to confirm it was truly still open and I was still “in process” for selection. No response and as of this time of posting my status remains “in process” while position posting is removed. You seem to have the right tools to support the culture you state as having. As a hiring and Sr. Level Warehouse/ops manager I’d highly recommend reviewing to ensure they are being fully taken advantage of and updated accordingly. Especially when considering your potential for growth in the Delmarva/Milford, De. area. The hiring pool is far shallower than most areas for many reasons. That pool becoming even shallower due to a reputation from experiences such as mine can be extremely costly.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview fairly quickly but it was a HireVue interview that they never got back to me about so I was left waiting and eventually moved on.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company in November 2019.

Interview

One way interview. Make sure you do the warm up questions on the Hire vue( I think that is what the website, software that records you, was called). It takes a minute to get comfortable to seeing yourself answering questions, I would recommend selecting the option to hide the screen.

Brewery Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had five interviews over the course of two months. An automated online video interview, a phone interview a recruiter, a Skype interview with two managers, an eight hour long work with day in the city where I was interviewing, and a final three-part interview at the headquarters in Boston. At every single step of the process, I was told I would be an excellent fit for the role for multiple reasons: my confidence in a sale situation, my extroversion, my experience, and more.

The day after I flew home from the fifth interview in Boston, I was called by one HR representative, who had conducted none of my interviews, and told that I did not receive the position because it was the team consensus that I was not assertive enough. Which was strange as I made a point of showing my ability to, unprompted, walk up to strangers at bars and hand sell products. I also created a 90 day sales plan for my would-be territory, which was another unprompted gesture to show my naturally assertive and self starter nature as a salesman.

I understand that disappointment happens and sometimes a job is not offered. But it was frankly a lot of my time for me to waste in order to then not be offered a job for a reason that was contradictory to what I had been told throughout the entire process. It seems unprofessional that not one specific reason could be given for what I did or did not do during the process to disqualify me after two months of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

The Boston Beer Company Response

8 Oct 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and I understand your disappointment in the outcome. We do our best to be upfront with interview timelines as we have a long interview process for a majority of our roles. I connected with the Recruiting Team and it sounds like they have been in touch with you directly via email. Please reach out to them with any additional questions and thank you again.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.