The Boston Beer Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Boston Beer Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Boston Beer Company

3.1

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

It was a Hirevue interview. They were basic behavioral questions. I believe it was three questions, 30 seconds to look at the question and 3 minutes to answer. I am unsure of the next steps because I have not heard back yet.

Brewery Representative Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

The initial communication and overall process was very positive. I had an initial one way digital interview which consisted of three generic questions, a second phone interview, and a third interview which was done via zoom video conference. I was told that I would know about the next steps in the process by the end of that day and at the latest the next day and never heard back from anyone - it has been over a month now since my third interview and I have followed up multiple times (email and call) to try and get an idea of what the timeline looks like or if they decided to move forward with another candidate. Never even had the professionalism to just let me know I didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you didn’t see eye to eye with a coworker   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Interview

Job was posted in early September of 2019. I applied 9/12/19. I supplied cover letter along with resume as specifically stated required. I also continued to check the status of my submission via the jobvite site they use to communicate with candidates regarding their status in the selection process. They clearly stated in the job posting to NOT contact HR and utilize the site. I thought this was great and at time spoke even further to the culture of the company. So many jobs submitted to you never get any communication from unless selected. You either simply never hear anything or at some point the employer disappears so you are left to assume what happened. After 3 months of the job posting remaining open and my status remaining as “in process” I decided there must be an issue with either the system, the site or possibly just that with it being end of year the process had been put on hold or for budgetary change reasons. I reached out to 3 HR representatives, site management and regional level Ops management via LinkedIn in to both express my continued enthusiasm in the position as well as to confirm it was truly still open and I was still “in process” for selection. No response and as of this time of posting my status remains “in process” while position posting is removed. You seem to have the right tools to support the culture you state as having. As a hiring and Sr. Level Warehouse/ops manager I’d highly recommend reviewing to ensure they are being fully taken advantage of and updated accordingly. Especially when considering your potential for growth in the Delmarva/Milford, De. area. The hiring pool is far shallower than most areas for many reasons. That pool becoming even shallower due to a reputation from experiences such as mine can be extremely costly.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company in November 2019.

Interview

One way interview. Make sure you do the warm up questions on the Hire vue( I think that is what the website, software that records you, was called). It takes a minute to get comfortable to seeing yourself answering questions, I would recommend selecting the option to hide the screen.

Brewery Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had five interviews over the course of two months. An automated online video interview, a phone interview a recruiter, a Skype interview with two managers, an eight hour long work with day in the city where I was interviewing, and a final three-part interview at the headquarters in Boston. At every single step of the process, I was told I would be an excellent fit for the role for multiple reasons: my confidence in a sale situation, my extroversion, my experience, and more.

The day after I flew home from the fifth interview in Boston, I was called by one HR representative, who had conducted none of my interviews, and told that I did not receive the position because it was the team consensus that I was not assertive enough. Which was strange as I made a point of showing my ability to, unprompted, walk up to strangers at bars and hand sell products. I also created a 90 day sales plan for my would-be territory, which was another unprompted gesture to show my naturally assertive and self starter nature as a salesman.

I understand that disappointment happens and sometimes a job is not offered. But it was frankly a lot of my time for me to waste in order to then not be offered a job for a reason that was contradictory to what I had been told throughout the entire process. It seems unprofessional that not one specific reason could be given for what I did or did not do during the process to disqualify me after two months of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

8 Oct 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and I understand your disappointment in the outcome. We do our best to be upfront with interview timelines as we have a long interview process for a majority of our roles. I connected with the Recruiting Team and it sounds like they have been in touch with you directly via email. Please reach out to them with any additional questions and thank you again.

Sam Adams - Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, told I would move on to the next step, had to contact the recruiter multiple times before they set up the next steps, had the second-round interview, was never contacted again by the recruiter, despite reaching out multiple times, and received a rejection three months later. No issue with the company, just wish they were more transparent on the process.

Interview Questions

The Boston Beer Company Response

9 Aug 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for the review and I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a transparent or seamless experience with our interview process. We do have a relatively small Recruiting team and often our hiring process can take a long time, but that is still no excuse for not sharing feedback with you in a more timely manner. We take our interview process very seriously and do our best to create a positive experience for every candidate, even if it doesn't result in an offer. I will share your review with the team so we can do better in the future.

Packaging Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

They worked around my NG schedule. Process was recorded interview, phone interview, and then in person interview. Standard questions were asked. I definitely admired the benefits and opportunities given by the company. They were very friendly the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want this particular job?   1 Answer

9 Aug 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thanks for your interest in Boston Beer and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was easy enough, they brought me in had me interview everyone in one go and I thought I made a great impression on all of them, I guess I was mistaken as it is 2 months now and no response back. I'm saddened with the lack of communication as I thought the company and I were a great fit. Where a simple no would have sufficed and I could have moved on instead of waiting for possible correspondence back. Let down by a company I saw as not being like that.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties have you faced that you had to overcome?   Answer Question

9 Aug 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review our process, and I am very sorry to hear that you never heard back from anyone. Our Recruiting Team does their best to give feedback to every candidate who applies and goes through an interview process with us, we take it very seriously and strive to treat all candidates with respect and transparency. It seems we have dropped the ball here. Our sincerest apologies, and I will be sure to follow up and share your feedback with the team.

Assistant Manager – Brewery Tours Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was extremely organized. The communication from Boston Beer Company was fantastic, which helped me prepare for every in-person and phone interview. It was clear to me after the first interview that they have a successful process in place.

Interview Questions

• Since no one is a perfect employee, what is an area of weakness that you can identify with yourself?   Answer Question
    • What is your managerial style, and how do you deal with employee's that are not meeting expectations?   Answer Question
    • With so many craft breweries in the country, why do you want to work for Boston Beer Works?   Answer Question

4 Jun 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback, we're happy to hear you had such a great experience. I will be sure to share with the hiring and Recruiting teams. Welcome to Boston Beer, I look forward to meeting you soon!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Boston Beer Company.

Interview

A very long interview process. Included making a video on Hirevue, which consisted of about five questions. Then a phone Interview, a Skype Interview, and Ride With Day, and so on. Everyone I talked with was friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

The Boston Beer Company Response

2 May 2019 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing and I'm sorry to hear that it did not work out this time. We appreciate the kind words and I'm happy to hear that our Recruiting and hiring teams all made the interview process a positive experience for you. Best of luck in the meantime and maybe you will be able to join our team in the future!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.