The Mill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The Mill Interview Questions

Interviews at The Mill

2.1

CG Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Mill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Emailed demo reel and got a call the next day for an interview.
    Friendly interview with Head of the departement and scheduler.
    I got a tour of the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about work experience and background.
      They ask if I am interested in leading job in the future.   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mill in September 2017.

Interview

I have been contacted by a recruiter. The interview was about my about my background and the details of the position. It was a smooth nice interview with very nice research people and the position was pretty interesting. Working with cool artists, working in NY, etc, I was very motivated. I have received a mail afterwards to have an interview with the managers.

Then the next interview has never happened. Either managers were away, did not have time etc. After a month of excuses I have decided to give up because another position was waiting an answer. I think this was not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• It was a pleasant interview with cool scientists on my background and their future plans with the position.   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Mill (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was on the lookout for an opening at The Mill. I came across the listing online and sent all of my application materials that morning. I was brought in for an interview, then later that week brought in for a couple days to work on a short-term project. After that, the trial was extended for two months before bringing me on staff full-time.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked to describe my previous knowledge of The Mill.   1 Answer

Runner Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and they asked questions that would be expected. Everything was on time and everyone was very friendly. There were many people walking around so that was a little distracting but no major complaints.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mill (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

E-mailed me for an interview and went for an in-person interview. Jared, now the Executive Producer, was nice. It wasn't a good fit for me but the interview went over fine.

VFX Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Mill (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was lovely, no stress and the personnel involved were all genuinely interested in hearing what I had to say. They made the process easy and clear and were open to hearing and answering all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What are my long term goals for working in the industry?   Answer Question

Motion Graphics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Mill (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Some producers came to my school and they were cool. I belive that the way that I presented my self and my portfolio are what got me the internship. Id say go in confident. The producers knew that everyone wanted to work there so they were looking for weaknesses. (dont give them any)

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Mill (Savannah, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The HR person and senior lighter are very friendly, and after introducing each other. They started to look at my demo. Then they showed interested in a few projects, asked about the process of how I developed these. Then looked at my resume. Asked and marked which software I have been using.

Interview Questions

• When I will graduate from school and when I will be capable to start to work.   Answer Question

Matte Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The Mill (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I'm foreighner so it was different for me but this is how it happen :
    You are invited to join a room and then you have to show your demo reel.
    Then they tell you if you are hired or not after a while.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnn't negociate anything it was my first job.

Motion Designer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Mill (Savannah, GA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Came to my school and interviewed myself and several others initially, and then committed to a follow-up interview over Skype several weeks later. I spoke to their Talent Manager, two designer/animators, and later on, one of their directors. The first half was really more of a review of skills and assessment of my personality and interest in their company, while the second interview process was much more personal.

They were all very friendly, honest, and direct.

Interview Questions

• I would say that their questions were pretty standard until the second interview. At that point, the questions were really more on a personal level -- presumably to gauge my compatibility and understanding of the roles they were trying to fill at that time.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.