The National Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

The National Trust Interview Questions

Updated 27 Jun 2018

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Newtownards, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The National Trust (Newtownards, Northern Ireland) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a semi casual interview, arrived in reception and waited, greeted by one of the managers and brought to interview room where another was waiting, both very friendly, they took it in turns asking me questions about previous experience and my skills and qualities etc whilst taking notes, was then told i would hear from them by the next night as i was the last to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep the restaurant tidy and presentable?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust (Reading, England) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and friendly and the management I met gave good feedback. I received an offer by the next morning and enjoyed my initial training phase. I would recommend looking up the companies new strategy and change on organisational structure.

Interview Questions

• What does excellent customer service look like to you?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The National Trust in February 2016.

Interview

Not very good person interviewing did not seem interested and the interview was very short . The interview was very short and not many questions the. The interview was over

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The National Trust (Worcester, England) in June 2015.

Interview

An informal interview process where the manager took me round the cafe whilst it was open. SHowed me around the kitchen etc asking questions on my expereince, hours i could commit to.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience working in the catering environment previously?   Answer Question

Visitor Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust (Northampton, England) in April 2016.

Interview

A chat with two members of staff. Very formal, only a glass of water offered, and hostile body language. I got the impression that I had only been shortlisted for form's sake: I was applying for a job my boss was acting up into (which did not go down well)

No feedback was ever given afterwards, even though it had been promised.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay: what would you do if the toilets pack up at a National Trust site?   1 Answer

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haywards Heath, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The National Trust (Haywards Heath, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Very casual approach with Group exercises and quiz. Interviews deferred as not all NT staff available. Included tour around the facilities and gardens and opportunity to meet staff. Emphasis was on meeting NT values rather than competency for role.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The National Trust (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process would involve an informal interview followed by meeting key team members and a tour of the work environment. However, I was out of the country and was able to interview over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Why work for The National Trust over a design agency for example?   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a 15 minute communications strategy presentation with one week's notice. After the presentation, there was a general interview including public relations dilemmas and how you would handle them.

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Borrowdale (Zimbabwe)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust (Borrowdale (Zimbabwe)) in October 2013.

Interview

Informal discussion about the internship, opportunities available and a tour of the office. Very friendly and relaxed. I felt they wanted to see how eager I was to join more than anything else.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my relevant experience, how committed I was to joining the team and why I considered this opportunity.   Answer Question

Business Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chedworth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust (Chedworth, England) in November 2017.

Interview

1. Send off an online application form which is accessed through an online sign in process on their website.
    The National Trust website already states it will take up to three weeks to let you know if you have been successful for a face to face interview.
    They got back to me in a week and a half to invite me to interview.

2. Invited to a face to face interview with a task about how you would handle different scenairo on your own

The face to face interview was in a small room, interviewed by two people this felt very informal and also impractical layout of the room, Which lead me to feeling uncomfortable. They tried to outline the job role at the beginning but was still very confused in what the job role would entail. Only by the end of the interview did I seem to understand what they wanted this person to cover in the role. The two people interviewing started off stating they were looking for slightly different answers to the questions. Additionally, was not clear on really who you would be line managed by if offered the job.

When I answered questions at times I was challenged about the answer but almost felt like I was being bullied or not believed.

I had stated on my application process that I had a disability, this was not brought up if they would need to make reasonable adjustments to the working environment if offered.

Interview Questions

• Tells us how you managed to turn a negative attitude into a positive outcome.
      How does your current/previous role align and differ with this role.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.