The National Trust Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 76 of over 76 interviews

Recruiter1%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

The National Trust

Application

I interviewed at The National Trust

Interview

Bizarrely thorough, verging on over the top for essentially a minimum wage weekend casual job directing cars in a car park for a couple of hours each week. Two person panel for a 45 minute formal interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you've had to balance complex competing demands under pressure?
    Answer Question

The National Trust

Application

I interviewed at The National Trust

Interview

This was a face to face interview in person, with 2 interviewers. Casual, sat in the restaurant. The interview lasted around 20 minutes, with about seven questions. They asked about experience of good and bad customer service that I had received.

Interview Questions
  • what do you know about the National Trust? Tell us about a time you experienced excellent customer service?

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Oct 2021

Interview

Online due to Covid, the interviewers were very pleasant. It was a general chat about previous experience and what I could contribute to the team. Heard back the following day.

Interview Questions
  • What characteristics do you have that make you a good team member, and when have you displayed these?
  • What do you think draws people to the property? (Mount Stewart)

The National Trust

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The National Trust

Interview

Quick and simple very easy to do explained everything carefully good job and a good role enjoyed the interview very much so very good interviewer was very well presented and kind

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The National Trust

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The National Trust in Jul 2021

Interview

Applied online with easy application and CV. The interview was in the form of an informal chat with pre-selected questions. Questions varied from personal experience-based to mock situation questions. The manager and Team Lead in the interview were very kind, setting a welcoming tone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The National Trust

Application

I interviewed at The National Trust

Interview

It was a pretty relaxed interview with some typical interview questions and then some questions about your availability etc. It was held over zoom. It lasted about 30 minutes in total

Interview Questions
  • Do you agree with the philosophy the customer is always right?
  • What do you know about the national trust and this specific site?
  • Why do you want to work here?
  • Tell me about a time you have delivered exceptional customer service
  • What would you do if you were alone in the cafe as all your team was busy and a queue started forming?
  • How would you deal with a complaint?

The National Trust

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The National Trust in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied online (CV, Cover Letter and some questions to answer), received an interview, showed up on the day. The room was sat so we were sat at either ends of the room, they went through a list of 10 or so questions, and recorded everything down, had 2 people asking questions; they took it in turns to ask the questions but they both recorded the answers I gave.

Interview Questions
  • What was your last role?
  • If someone in the team wasn't pulling their weight, what would you do?
  • Give an example of a time you have worked in a team? (Then a follow up question, what is the most important feature of team work)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The National Trust (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in May 2021

Interview

Started with application being sent off, then got an email for the time and necessary information of the interview. On the day, got onto the video call site they requested and then they proceeded after a brief introduction to therefore ask questions to find out what I know about the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The National Trust (Dover, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interview lasted around 10mins, was pretty easy, mostly questions on what would you do if and tell me a time you did excellent customer service type questions. Was told I would get a phone call but no one phoned to let me know I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The National Trust

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The National Trust

Interview

Group activities, no individual interview, very chilled. Activity on the property itself so best to do some research. Think they just wanted to see how you engaged with others and how well you understood visitor habits.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Interviews