The Open University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 May 2018

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in September 2013.

Interview

There was initially a skills based in tray exercise, followed by a panel of interviewers asking competent based questions relating to the role. Also questions about yourself (experience, qualifications etc).
    The whole process took about 90 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to manage your time effectively   Answer Question

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Through a temping agency, so just met with the employers for a very informal chat about my experience and when I could start. Lovely lady interviewed me, unfortunately, she didn't turn out to be my manager

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in March 2017.

Interview

A 15 minute creative test, assessing a marketing campaign and ways to improve it, plus suggestions for an additional supporting campaign. This was followed by a presentation of the results to two senior members of the marketing team. After the presentation, there was a portfolio review and questions.

Interview Questions

• The main focus was around my experience in digital, social and video.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I firstly applied online and got a rejection letter within 3 weeks

3 weeks after this, I was later sent an email inviting me to come interview (with grammar errors in it) and asked to prepare a presentation on a scenario they had laid out

On site interview consisted of an exercise to be completed within 30 minutes - was locked away in a hideous old fashioned office to complete - then had to give the pre-prepared presentation and answer competency questions afterwards.

Followed up after 3 weeks and was told that I didn't get the job, they had forgot to let me know!

Bad experience overall.

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Two hour formal panel followed by informal. Two hours was too long for me. I faded. Would have been better to have had the informal first as that helped to find out more about the job and department.

Waited a week to hear the outcome and then received a two line letter. I’ve done a lot of recruiting and personally I phone unsuccessful candidates and offer them feedback. That was unnecessary and left a bad taste.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in February 2013.

Interview

First 10 minutes or so was to do with myself, motivations and interests. The next part involved explaining a variety of figures that were given to me as well as questions to gauge my understanding of the broader subject area. Concluded with a discussion of the project itself and why I felt I would be a good fit for it.

There was a lab tour, campus tour and a meeting with prospective supervisors as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a field sampling campaign that you participated in.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Open University in July 2016.

Interview

I first emailed the PI informally, had two skype calls with him and presented a draft proposal. The third skype call involved the head of department as well and after that, I had the job. The PI was fairly open to suggestions so he liked my proposal although it was not what he had in mind initially but he liked my original angle and thus chose me.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Very mechanical. Two people sitting across a desk. Lots of set questions with set "right answers". Only want to hear what's on the tick list.

I was asked to give a "mock" tutorial which they seemed bored with after a few minutes.Neither of the people on the panel seemed to know much about the subject that I was going to be tutoring in

Interview Questions

• Did I want to do only on-line tutorials or would I do them in person at unnamed locations   1 Answer

Marketing and Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England) in November 2017.

Interview

There was a pre-interview campaign writing and artwork exercise, a 65-minute five-member panel interview and a 30-minute exercise to develop content based on a brief for a social media campaign on the day of the interview.

Associate Lecturer Interview

Interview

Application form and interview

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.