The Open University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

Recruiter3%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (Perth, Scotland, Scotland)

Interview

Along with the invitation to the interview, I was sent two preparatory tasks. They have asked me a lot of question re every single condition of the generic and the module specification. Some of the question were general but some situation orientated "what would you do, if ... ?)

Interview Questions
  • Describe yourself as an online tutor? What would you do if someone wants to withdraw from the module? Describe the tasks you have prepared?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

on Adobe Connect, but as a guest I couldn't present, but the interview panel didn't seem to understand this. When I was presenting they took control of the slide deck and closed it. I was supposed to give a sample tutorial, with the panel as "students", but when I asked them did they have questions they just said no.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think the presentation went?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,830

952 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University (Milton Keynes, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

Online application consisted of submitting CV and answers to 5 questions. Selection was based on answers to the 5 questions only. On shortlisting to interview, I had a video call with three members of staff, all extremely friendly and relaxed. The questions were all competency based following the job description and general knowledge in the area of e-procurement.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Open University

Application

I interviewed at The Open University

Interview

Really enjoyed this interview, the questions were productive and challenging and the interviewers were very kind. The format of the interview was online and the structure was well planned allowing for smooth transitions between questions and topics.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Open University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University in Dec 2020

Interview

Interview took place via MS Teams in front of panel of three people. Nice atmosphere and quite a lot of competency related questions. Focus on specific examples, rather than providing general answers.

Interview Questions
  • Managing conflict at workplace, risk management, difficult project delivery, improvement examples etc.

The Open University

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Open University in Nov 2020

Interview

Breath of fresh air from the usual tedious, multiple stage interview processes. One 30 minute email role-play exercise, then a panel interview the following day with with three smiling managers asking relevant, meaningful questions. A very welcome change from months of excruciating and demeaning recruitment processes from other companies.

Interview Questions
  • Can you describe a time you gave excellent customer service?

The Open University

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Open University in Oct 2020

Interview

The interview was conducted remotely. It involved the preparation of a "secret task" giving 45 min before main interview start. I had 30 minutes to prepare two tasks focused on content development and working with external partners.. This was followed by a 15 min informal interview meeting OU staff members. Finally the actual interview conducted by a panel of three. Started with the presentation of the tasks and then a 45 min interview.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us about yourself and your relevant experience for this post.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Open University (London, England, England) in May 2020

Interview

Very friendly panel, complex multi part questions. Completed virtutually. Roughly an hour in length. 6 questions, medium to hard level. Some questions over lapped slightly. Also were interested in why I. Wanted to work for OU

Interview Questions
  • Multi departmental communication Managing a project effectively Taking iniative Working as a team

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England, England

Application

Interview

The interview took over 30 minutes. There were two supervisors and one member of research management team. They were very nice and friendly. The interview focused on the research topic and research plan.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

The Open University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Open University in Jun 2019

Interview

I applied online for the role, and as per their own guidelines had a response inviting me to interview within 14 days. When I arrived for the interview and was being checked in I could clearly see the piece of paper that told me I was one of five short-listed candidates and the names of the other applicants. The interview itself consisted of a situational exercise, short presentation and standard competency based questions. The panel were warm, and allowed the interview to run well over time - approx 1 hr and 40 mins. After the interview I waited four weeks to hear the outcome. No communication was forthcoming so I wrote and asked for the outcome and feedback. This generated a standard rejection email. Another followed promising HR would write to the chair of the panel requesting feedback. That never happen either, and no feedback was provided.

Interview Questions
  • It was a standard competency based interview, but at one point I was asked a basic question directly related to my career history and the purpose of the job, meaning as well as discussing scenarios and how I handled them they were looking for evidence of understanding of knowledge and concepts related to the role. This may sound obvious, but the questions did not lead to having to outline very basic concepts - more how you would handle complexed scenarios related to those concepts.
1 person found this interview helpful