Toolstation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Toolstation Interview Questions

Interviews at Toolstation

2.2

Store Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied and over a week later got a video interview via whatsapp. The interview was quite casual. Store manager asked a number of simple interview questions from a script.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

Short, typical few questions, had to fill out a form and then speak with someone. Had a phonecall a couple weeks later saying I did not make the cut. Pretty straightforward process, nothing special since it was a shop job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chepstow, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toolstation (Chepstow, Wales) in August 2020.

Interview

I had 3 interview stages, odd for such a low tier job. Overall the interview wasnt hard, just alot of simole questions on customer service and sales skills. Managers were friendly and inspiring!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Toolstation?   1 Answer

Recruitment Marketing and Communications Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgwater, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toolstation (Bridgwater, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Applied for the role in August 2020. Had a brief chat with hiring manager via LinkedIn as had concerns around Bridgwater location for 1-2 days a month, which they agreed would be expensed. Salary on the lower side but probably good for the area.

Initial video interview was booked quickly and was around the role and expectations. I was sent a written task to complete prior to the next stage, to be discussed at second interview.

Second video interview was with Recruitment Manager and Internal Comms. I felt relaxed as they were both laughing as it started. They asked me if I'd enjoyed the task and to talk through my ideas I'd presented.

I felt the interview was going really well and was told there would be a further more formal video interview stage to meet with Head of HR, which I was keen to do.

Unfortunately I received an email a few days later thanking me for my time and rejecting me.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toolstation (Louth, England) in July 2020.

Interview

Simple, well-communicated, clear, manager and HR Representative present, done over video chat due to pandemic, well organised with plenty of notice, slightly late to call but very apologetic for this.

Interim Head of Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgwater, England

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Toolstation (Bridgwater, England).

Interview

300 mile round trip, took a day off current projects and have recd no feedback after 3 weeks, after constant chasing!!!

Absolutely disgraceful!!!

Met two members of HR team, he seemed quite helpful however unable to ask anything technical as they didn’t know!!! So unable to really get across detail of knowledge for role!

Interview Questions

• Asked to go through CV highlighting specific relevant experience   Answer Question

Part Time Store Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

I applied online. then a few weeks later I got a call from the shop manager inviting to an interview. The interview lasted for almost 1 hour, the interview consisted of a 20 minute maths test and the rest was just of common interview questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

2 stage process, both on site, first was a biographical probe of CV and history, 2nd was competency and technical skills. Was able to meet team at 2nd stage and see the environment and culture I would be working in.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

Was very polite, asked me questions on my journey in retail and in my last job role which was an assistant manager. Also asked me how I would deal in certain situations and give examples

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toolstation.

Interview

Fairly informal interview in the kitchen. Described the job role & asked questions about myself & what I could bring to the role. Showed me round the building then advised I'd know by 5pm that day if I was successful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.