Found 415 of over 721 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and demanding work." (in 35 reviews)
- "Poor management from out of store superiors" (in 32 reviews)
- "I.T. and H.R. are both unreachable and regional managers never answer phones or emails" (in 31 reviews)
- "Long hours but nothing goes unappreciative and with the RDP program knowing if you put the effort in you will be rewarded is great." (in 21 reviews)
- "Long hours, not asked about full days/over time just put on it, idle managers/RM" (in 12 reviews)
- 5.02 Jul 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsManchester, England
Great people to work with, and company is a lot clearer in communication compared to previous years.
Bonus never paid. No air con in summer, and heating is limited in winter.Toolstation Response5mo
Hey there Thanks for leaving us this review, Agree with you that communication is getting better and better and be are working hard to make that happen. It is regrettable that the bonus was not paid this year but we had a challenging trading year along with many other retailers and sadly most of it out of our control with inflation and the cost of living crisis. The likes of John Lewis did not pay their bonus either. We are all focused on sales and service and driving our margin for better results next year. Our stores are hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter due to being a warehouse environment and we make that clear in our advertising communications and our interview process. I do understand though that it can be difficult at times. Wear layers (as my gran would say) :-) Thank you for all you do for us and for bringing your best for our customers and colleagues. Adele - Talent Attraction Manager.
- 4.028 Nov 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWinchester, England
2 paid breaks & an hour unpaid break on a 9 hour shift which is good Customer focused which I enjoyed
Pay is a bit rubbish for the amount of work each day needs improving
- 3.015 Nov 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Current Employee, more than 1 yearWest Drayton, London, England
manager and colleagues were decent at my store
bit of a rivalry among the management
- 1.02 Sept 2023Customer ServiceFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNewport, South East England, England
There were no pros to working at toolstation.
The staff were very cliquey. The manager broke my contract by adding extra hours on to my shifts without asking. The supervisor (managers best friend) made up damaging rumours about me and my colleagues/customers, and this was down to jealousy. I was also made to feel incredibly stupid as it was harder for me to learn things (I later was diagnosed with autism during my employment here, of which did not stop my colleagues treating me as if I was the dumbest person they had ever met). I was constantly spoken down to, and even shouted at if I made any mistakes. Working here totally ruined my confidence.
Toolstation Reviews FAQs
Toolstation has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 721 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Toolstation to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
65% of Toolstation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Toolstation 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.