TransMarket Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

TransMarket Group Interview Questions

Interviews at TransMarket Group

3.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Two phone calls, one behavioral one technical, then an on-site consisting of 4 1hr interviews by traders. Lots of mental math questions, a little about programming, a little about markets.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to do trading and how I'll react when things start to go poorly on a trade   Answer Question

Quantitative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview a week or 2 later. First interview was heavily math orientated. Received a second interview which was more technical and getting to know me.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

quick 17 min phone interview, the interviewer was so nice and so professional, make sure you review probability and the like. Also make sure you know compound interest and how to manipulate those questions.

Quantitative Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Process took about 5 weeks. Began with coding test, then 2 phone screens, and finished with in-office. About two to three days passed between each interview and an email notification of the result. In person varied, not dauntingly technical but enough to allow u to slip up. Interviewed with 5 people for on avg 45 min-1 hr each.

Interview Questions

• Find expected value of number of rolls it takes to roll each unique value on a die.   2 Answers

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in March 2018.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward. There was an initial coding challenge in java or C++ and then they contacted me a week later with the first phone interview which was technical and then a week later I got a second round phone interview which was more behavioral although towards the end, they had one data structures and algorithms question.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interviews followed by an on-site interview. The on-site was at their office in Chicago and they put me up in a hotel. The process was very smooth and taken care of.

Interview Questions

• Given a radius of 1, what is the expected distance of a dart thrown at a dart board.   2 Answers

Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in February 2018.

Interview

1st round technical easy math/stats, 2nd round technical harder stats. Focus on math/stats problem solving. Somewhat hard to prepare for, just know your probability well. Interviewer refused to explain answer to technical question when asked for an explanation.

Interview Questions

• If the bottom of a 13ft ladder leaning on a wall is moving sliding at 5 ft/s and is currently 5ft away from the wall, how quickly is the angle between the ladder and the floor moving?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group.

Interview

Only 2 round telephone interviews. Do not move forward on the 2nd round interview. The first round is technical question, which is not that difficult, and the interviewer is nice. The second round is behaviour questions. No additional Online assessment.

Algorithmic Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

The process went OK, other than the fact that you are not expected to receive the phone call at the scheduled time. Usually you need rescheduling, and it is the case for me and many of my friends. They don't do an excellent job sticking to the original schedule and this is frustrating sometimes.

I passed OA and three rounds of interviews, but

Interview Questions

• C++ concepts   Answer Question
    • Questions about random variables which have perfect correlation. If X and Y are perfectly correlated, what is the correlation of X+Y and X-Y   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school's job board. They scheduled two interviews for me, one technical and one behavioral. The technical was a pair coding exercise with an engineer from the team. First question was on BST traversal and second question was about pairing two sets of arrays in an efficient manner. A few minutes before my behavioral interview, I got an email telling me they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the running time of a balanced/unbalanced BST and why?   Answer Question
    • General implementation questions on the code that I wrote.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.