Transact Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Transact Interview Questions

Interviews at Transact

3.1

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Transact.

Interview

Initial phone interview which was about 20 minutes with HR which is relaxed just general interview questions and some company knowledge.
    Shortly after this was two online tests reading and maths. Surprisingly harder than you would think.
    Once these had been passed there is an assessment day with a few tasks and a further interview with HR and a Regional Manager.
    In the end a really good experience.

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Transact (London, England).

Interview

Phone interview followed by online tests if successful.

Actual interview consists of resitting the online tests. A couple of assessments and a competency based interview.

You'll likely be interviewed by a HR rep and a regional operations manger, the person who interviews may not be your line manager if you get the job.

They hire on attitude and personality as well as knowledge so be yourself not a robot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation but for a client service manager, chances are you're getting a pay rise by joining.

Transact Response

10 Nov 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time express your thoughts on our Client Service Manager interview process here at Transact. We particularly like the point you made on

Interview

Good communication throughout the process. Telephone interviewed, followed by online tests, followed by face to face interview and some practical tests.
    You were made to feel comfortable throughout the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transact (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through the Transact website and was contacted for a telephone interview after a few days. We discussed previous jobs, university, why transact? and about myself; This lasted about 20 minutes.
    I was then invited to complete the online tests that were fairly easy. I was contacted the day after where I was invited to a face-to-face interview, which was comprised of an in-tray exercise (where you had to rate the importance of certain tasks and explain why), a mock telephone call with a financial advisor and general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you know about wrap platforms and explain your understanding of the industry?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect to be doing in your role at Transact and where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question
    • Why you would be an asset to the company?   Answer Question
    • What was your role with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transact (London, England).

Interview

Started off by applying online, then had a telephone interview which lasted 25/30mins, had to complete online tests (verbal reasoning & numeric), on passing those invited to assessment day where you re-sit the tests, write a practice email, take a dummy phone call, do a prioritising task and then a competency based interview, this takes up to 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• You have to draft up an email to a potential client who is interested in using Transacts services. You then have to describe what they do, what products they offer and why they should choose Transact over any other wrap service.   Answer Question
    • What are your three biggest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • We have over 200 CSM's, what would make you stand out and be a good fit for the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Transact (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position through Linked in. I was called the same week for a telephone interview. I was asked about my CV previous studies and why Transact. spoke about my current role also and some examples of experience I have. however got a call from the recruiter to say they thought I didn't fit the role when questioned how they reached that conclusion was told that they wanted someone with customer service experience- I have over 10 years of customer service experience and felt I portrayed that well. I didn't finds the feedback given open and honest.

Interview Questions

• Why Transact? What do I currently do on a daily basis in my role, a challenging experience   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transact.

Interview

Advert found online
    Send in a CV
    Invited to a phone interview with the recruitment team
    Invited to a face to face interview at the London office
    Get results within a few working days

Interview Questions

• A few competency based questions, questions about the role and certain tasks   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Transact (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview in London. Telephone interview was friendly and basic, no competency based questions etc. Face to face interview was a 20 minute presentation, followed by a formal interview with the head of dept.

The three subject points were pretty basic and the timescale of 20 minutes suggested to me to keep this session high-level. I expected the purpose of this was to test the candidates knowledge of the market, presentation skills and ability to design and build some quality content. I felt the actual focus seemed to be too much on the "nth degree" of market detail outside of the brief and this is certainly not how you would approach such a session in the field with a prospective firm.

Overall the company is very proud of their place in the market and set themselves out to be less asset-hungry than their competitors (I work for a firm that is specifically asset hungry and potentially this created a difference in culture in terms of my approach).

They focus on tax and detailed market knowledge, which is a great asset, however I got the impression of them being a little elitist/overconfident of their position and a little blinkered in terms of the rapid rate of change in the market and the focus and success of their competitors, which was rudely discounted.

I got the impression of a steer towards another candidate with a slightly different existing role and we were simply going through the motions.

Basic pay is higher than market average, bonuses are low and circa 30% of salary.

They seem like a great company to work for if you're the right fit and the existing employees are in the majority long-serving members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why individuals would use a wrap over a fund supermarket or traditional provider?
      Why an adviser would use Transact specifically?
      In you opinion, what have been the main outcomes of the RDR?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transact (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

For the Business Analyst role at Transact I applied online through their website.

The Recruitment Manager emailed me to arrange an initial telephone interview that happened 3 days later. The telephone interview was a quite 'screening' interview to ask you about the role and to check if you at least have a basic knowledge of the role and Transact as business.

I was then invited to a first round interview with the Recruitment Manager and two BA Team Leaders.

The interview itself consisted of questions to test your understanding of the BA's role in business, asked about past projects, methodologies and real life examples of past success stories.

After the first interview (about 4 days later) the Recruitment Manager phoned me to inform me that they'd like a second interview with me, this time with the Team Leader (Hiring Manager) and the Department Head. She also pointed out two questions from my first interview that I could have answered better and gave me one or two suggestions to help me with the second interview, this I really appreciated!!

The entire process from telephone interview to offer took about 3 weeks, which is truly unbelievable.
    (My former company took 8 months for internal appointments - just saying)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you identified an issue and how you resolved it? How did you approach it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with difficult stakeholders?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you worked under pressure to meet a deadline and were unable to complete it despite your efforts?   Answer Question
    • What's your career aspirations for the next 2-3 years?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transact (London, England).

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the recruiter, and then a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, which included an assessment. On this occasion I was unsuccessful however I have been extremely impressed with both the recruitment process and the way I have been treated as a candidate.

The recruiter actually called me to give me feedback (rather than a generic email) and got back to me when she said she would, rather than making me chase or wait. It is evident that Transact is a Financial Services business that generally cares for its employees.

I would highly recommend interviewing with their business.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.