Transport for London Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 237 of over 237 interviews

Other2%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Transport for London

Application

I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

1st Stage: Online Tests (fairly easy to pass and maths and English based) 2nd Stage: Recorded interview (record yourself answering questions, only got one chance to record each answer. There was around 4 questions)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for TFL? What could you bring to the company?
    Answer Question

Transport for London

Application

I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

Video interview with pre recorded questions about the company and the graduate programme. Three questions for which you were given time to think about your answer and a time limit of 2 minutes to provide the answer.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why TfL? 2. Why this specific programme?

Transport for London

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

Written application, Workplace test,General ability test, recorded interview, assessment centre. Incredibly slow and uninformative. Information about each stage is passed across slowly. Invitations to next stage sometimes only allowed a few days in between with little flexibility.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transport for London

Application

I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

Application Online (CV and Cover Letter) --> Situational Judgement Test --> Numerical/Verbal/Non Verbal Test --> Video Interview (pre-recorded questions/ 7 days from the date and time you were) --> Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
  • 1) Why did you apply for TFL? - 2 mins
  • 2) Why have you chosen to apply for this Graduate scheme? How will your skills, knowledge and previous experience make you successful in this role? - 2 mins
  • 3) Explain a learning and development opportunity that you have sought out that demonstrates your eagerness to learn. (This can be anything from your studies to work experience or extra curricular activities). - 2 mins
2 people found this interview helpful

Transport for London

Application

I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

- 3 online test - 3 tests at comprehensive test to complete in person, one in which is a role play based - 1-1 interview it is important to understand that at the second stage you have to pass each round before going to the next.

Interview Questions
  • Standard comprehension questions to test your spelling writing and knowledge of the transport system
1 person found this interview helpful

Transport for London

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Transport for London in May 2021

Interview

Applied online with cover letter, was invited to a situational judgement test. Did not hear back for another 3 months, where I was invited to a video interview with only a couple of pre-recorded questions around motivations for applying to TfL and the scheme. I then received an invite to an assessment day, consisting of a competency interview and technical test. I did not get a good impression from the interviewers, as I was cut off trying to ask questions about the scheme. Seems to be a general lack of ambition with much of the software developed by external providers. Asked for feedback but did not get a response despite them advertising that it is available.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transport for London

Application

I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

Behaviour based questions relating to knowledge and previous work experience and using STAR techniques. Staff friendly at interview and followed up on questions not wholly satisfied with. Significant preparation and practice required.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transport for London

Application

I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

Well managed and communicated, with resources given before the interview to prepare for. Must have the ability to think on your feet. Enjoyable back and forth discussion regarding the role, and expectations of the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for London (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Stage 1: Situational Judgement and Personality Test (easy) Stage 2: Mathematical Test (involves graphs - easy to medium) time for this test is short. Ensure to be accurate and quick. Stage 3: Competency-Based One-Way Video Interview (easy) video feedback is awful. Final Stage: Assessment Centre (application pending).

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why TfL 2. What makes you suitable for the role? 3. Tell me about a time you learnt a new skill.
4 people found this interview helpful

Transport for London

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for London

Interview

You can apply with a 2.2 in any subject. The online assessment are very different to any other I've taken. If you have taken the tesco assessments, its really similar to that. The numerical assessment was timed, 36 minutes to do around 30 questions I think. Make sure you do the practice test beforehand.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 237 Interviews