Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at Travelodge Hotels (UK)

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

Application. Phone call. Then 20 minute fairly informal interview. A few "interview" type questons asked bit mainly it was relaxed. My manager promised to phone on a certain day, she did, and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever gone above and beyond the call of duty at work.   Answer Question

17 Mar 2020 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Congratulations and welcome to Travelodge!

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (London, KY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consist of job description and employee selection.it consist of recruiting and resigning and reprocessing.it consist of organizing and co-ordinating employees so as to achieve targets.you need to screen the employee so as to know who your employing.the background checks and also the stability of the worker.

Interview Questions

• what would i do if a customer should make a complaint about the bathroom or room being dirty   2 Answers

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (London, OH (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I have work expirance in retail stores in statfored I have worked in jd sports before I love working and I want to be working in the future. I am also highly very profeional and I would like to work in a hotel because have hard it’s a good expirance and highly professional and good pay soo I will be more happy if I can move forward in the future as a career. I will be more then happy if I got a chance to work in your hotel and I will work very hard to build my expirances for work and I would love to learn more will working and again more expirance that will be good for me IThe future.

Interview Questions

• How much work expirance I have had.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

Lengthy interview with repetitive questions: the same questions were constantly being reused but worded differently which made no sense
    The interview lasted 35 minutes because the interview had communication issues

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

I got an interview on a Tuesday, everything seemed ok so I had a trial shift two days after. During my trial shift there was no supervision at all, just one stressed employee dealing with the busy shift, no explanation, no assignments no management. After no news from them, I got an email next Wednesday saying the position was taken, followed the exact next day by another mail claiming that the position was vacant again, and that they agreed that I was the perfect candidate for this role due to my personality and experience. After a phone call, I visited the following Saturday the hotel a third time to have a second, equally intense interview that ended up with a “well, we had this vacancy again because the person we employed quit after three days due to heath problems, later today I’m going to call two more candidates and I will let you know later next week”.
    Never heard from them again, every new piece of information wasn’t matching with the previous statements and I believe this lack of professionalism is embarrassing.

Interview Questions

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Response

17 Mar 2020 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thank you for sharing your experience, although I'm sorry to hear this has happened. We'd really like to discuss the details of this further with you so please contact our People Team on 03300412277 or ersupport@travelodge.co.uk

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK).

Interview

Normal application
    Interview has changed since I started so I feel I cannot comment on this.
    Although it was a quick written test with the subjects being relevant to the job, and then the normal questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time, you changed a negative situation into a positive one   Answer Question

Interview

Was an easy process took a bit long to get start date. But all in all was ok staff and management where easy to deal with and very professional was good

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

First I have an interview over the phone around 9minutes which I passed then had face to face interview with the Manager. I reached there early and the staff was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about Travelodge and my work experience etc.   1 Answer
    • How many hours would you like to work?   1 Answer
    • Distance from work   1 Answer
    • Flexible for work?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dagenham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Dagenham, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Got a call for a part time weekend position I applied for. I only applied as Travelodge claim to cater to parents availability. I applied after a friend recommended it as Im a mum looking to work around my kids, travelogue website seem to make it very clear that they hire parents and allow them to work around their needs.

Ok so back to the phone call, this call was a phone interview which lasted around 5 minutes. I was asked in to come in for an interview but as I dont have childcare throughout the week and the location was far from me I kindly asked if I could be seen on a weekend, I was told I will get a call back if that was possible. I didnt get a call back. They dont cater to parents, just like any retailer they want people who can work regular hours. Very disappointed as I had hope in getting into work with companies who are sympathetic towards parents trying to get into work.

Interview Questions

Travelodge Hotels (UK) Response

23 Oct 2019 – Resourcing and Talent Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read your comments and that you were not called back. I'd like to assure you that this is not the usual process and Travelodge is committed to helping parents find a job that fits around their family. I have passed your comments on to the relevant team, but we'd really like to discuss this further so please contact the People Team on 03300412277.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grantham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelodge Hotels (UK) (Grantham, England) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was on time and I was introduced to the Manager. The Manager straight away put me at ease and explained the post I had applied for including all the duties involved plus the hours that was required for this post. I was asked several questions on why I had applied and asked if there was anything I needed to know about the post.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.