Travis Perkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Travis Perkins

2.8

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a telephone interview followed by a face to face interview.
    Very friendly people. Seems like a good work life balance available.
    Staff which i met on the day (other then the interviewer) are very friendly and looks like a really good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• A few SQL Questions, more relevant questions to the role.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travis Perkins in September 2014.

Interview

offered the earth but do not deliver do not be leave what they tell you speak to someone that works there if i new what no know i would not have taken the job

Interview Questions

• mostly work history about your family and what shifts you can work told all about the company and the bonus you might get holidays and sick pay you might get   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England) in October 2014.

Interview

A short phone interview with the direct supervisor
    - Some fairly simple questions about the technology I'd be working with

An aptitude test
    - A few questions with some maths and basic logical reasoning skills

An in person interview with the direct supervisor and senior manager
    - Questions about my skills and background

Interview Questions

• A list of technical questions about the stack I'd be looking after   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Got invited to the interview via an agency, did request a phone interview first but went directly to a face to face. Hiring manager seemed to be upset that I did not come via the TP recruiter, when asked about the role description I was given the interviewer explained it was different, from that point onwards the interviewer showed no interested in the interview and had a negative attitude.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Made to feel at ease from the offset, Very professional company with set critera of questioning which made for a comfortable and relaxed interview. Although very indepth never made to feel pressured throughout. Would not hesitate recommending the process to anyone.

Capacity Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me to invite for an interview in two days. That interview was a very down to earth and impressive one. I enjoyed talking with them, and also appreciated that they did care about me. They asked me some basic behaviour questions related to the job I applied for. Also offered me feedback on that day afterwards. Although I did not be taken for the position, I enjoyed the interview and learnt a lot from it.

Interview Questions

• What would motivate you to come to work everyday?   1 Answer
    • What excel skills you have?   1 Answer
    • What do you think you can bring to this role?   1 Answer

Infrastructure Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Northampton, England).

Interview

Introduced through recruitment agency. Process took two weeks from start to finish.

1) Telephone Interview with hiring manager
    2) Face to face with manager plus senior team member, short technical test
    3) Presentation to manager plus another senior team member

Interview Questions

• Have you been asked to design a solution without clear requirements?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

Great communication at first. Applying for the role was straight forward. From being contacted by the Travis Perkins team to arranging and completing the phone interview was plain sailing. Learning about the business and finding out about the culture and opportunities available was really exciting and the hunger set in to join them!! However after that it was really disappointing. I was told that I had been successful on the phone interview and that they wanted to invite me to a second interview the following week....great!! Then that's where the communication ended....I had to contact them to be told "don't worry we're just firming up dates for interviews and completing assessment centres for assistant managers, as soon as they're complete we will contact you to set up the interview". I'm still waiting! I've contacted them a couple of times but sadly to no avail. This is really disappointing as I could envision working for such a great employer whose values rang true with my own. I was left feeling like I'd been dumped after a really great first date...come on Travis Perkins keep to your word!

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Travis Perkins in March 2018.

Interview

interview with the regional manager then an interview with the branch manager. these were pretty straight forward and fairly layed back. just general questions asking what i can offer the company

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travis Perkins (Manchester, England) in February 2019.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 parts:
    1. Interview
    2. Presentation (you have to prepare a presentation in advance on case they give you)
    3. Group work - you are assigned a task with the rest of the interviewees and are being assessed during your work from the interviewers that monitor you.

Interview Questions

• Why them, long-term goals, standard fit questions including teamwork   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.