Triumph Motorcycles Graduate Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Graduate Design Engineer

Triumph Motorcycles Graduate Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Triumph Motorcycles

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview day consisted of two interviews, separated by lunch and a quick (10-15min) tour of the factory floor. Each interview lasted an hour and involved two people.

The first interview was a more general interview, which asked some questions related to previous experience, as well as some technical questions. The second interview was more technical and involved questions ranging from d

Interview Questions

• Question related to design of a motorcycle chassis, they presented a part and asked a series of questions related to it, specifically, what was it's purpose, how was it manufactured, why was it manufactured that specific way? how else might it be produced. What was the purpose of specific features of the part etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Triumph Motorcycles

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Cv and cover letter sent off to an external email. Asked to conduct 3 online tests which were maths, personality quiz and mechanical comprehension. Then invited to a assessment day at the factory in Hinckley factory tour followed by a traffic light test and group exercise. Interview with 2 senior members of the design team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Leicester, England).

Interview

1 and half hour interview. Consisted of general questions, manufacturing type questions, questions about loads on a motorcycle part. Tough interview and experience. 2 interviewers! The outcome of the interview was presented to me after an hour

Interview Questions

• what type of load simulations are we doing to test the structural integrity of a motorcycle part?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in May 2015.

Interview

An on-line application with your CV and cover letter is the first stage of the process followed by psychometric tests should you get through.
    Two interviews are conducted for the role of Design Engineer. The first interview is with a Team Leader and project engineer.
    The first part is your typical background interview stage, with questions like why did you choose engineering. This is followed by why the motorcycle industry an why Triumph.
    The second part takes you through a scenario of how a component goes from concept to production and then on to what happens if the component fails in the market.
    For the final part of the interview a component is given to you and questions about what it is, it's functionality, the reasons behind why it is designed like that and how it is manufactured are asked.
    The second interview is much more relaxed and is much more personal conducted by the same Team Leader as before as well as the Chief engineer for either Power-train or Chassis. Dependant.

Interview Questions

• When did you first become interested in Motorbikes and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in May 2015.

Interview

First Stage Interview conducted after successful online tests. First part was a paper based fault finding assessment that can to be undertaken in very short amount of time.
    Second part was a interview with design team leader. Competency and technical questions all relating to the company and job role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website and within a month I received an email to complete psychometric tests. Once clearing that I was phoned to schedule an interview at their headquarters in Hinckley. I am based in the Rep. Of Ireland and after flying over a day before with some preparation done I did a fault finding test which was not too difficult then a 1 hour personal interview and 1 hour technical interview. Everything was fine, communicating was fine and I was told that it usually took a few weeks to get feedback.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about part of a bike frame. Like material, how it was put together and made, difference between forging and casting, materials failure mechanisms, FEA test set ups   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Triumph Motorcycles (Hinckley, England) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job and then about 3 weeks after i got an email saying i had been accepted as an applicant and that they would like me to complete some online tests. The test consisted of a personality test, a mechanical comprehension test, a verbal reasoning test and a numerical reasoning test. After a week they got back to me and said that i had been accepted to an interview at their base in Hinckley. The interview was very much just to get to know me, they used the personality test I completed to see if it was accurate and asked me questions about the answers I gave. Other than that it was typical 'why do you want to work for Triumph?' and 'Where do you want to be in 10 years?'.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.