Turn Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turn Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions

Interviews at Turn

4.0

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

Telephone technical interview, involves coding via google doc. First asked two conceptual questions about internet browsers and testing in general, very reasonable. Then write some code for some search problem.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Turn

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

One week after applying for the position I was contacted by email and asked to do a phone interview. The first phone interview involved a couple of questions about myself and a general coding question. The interviewer seemed very pleased with my answer and the questions I was asking not only about the coding problem but about Turn as a company. The second interview started off with a longer chat about myself and how I see myself fitting in with the company. This was followed by another coding question and an affirmation that they were going to fly me out for an interview at their Redwood City offices.

The in person interview process was a little more strenuous than I anticipated, but overall it was a good experience. I was in a conference room pretty much the whole day (except for the lunch break). I had about six different people come in and ask me questions, both coding and about myself, and one recruiting person came in at the end to discuss hiring me (after collecting all the feedback from the interviewers).

Overall, the environment is fantastic at Turn. The people are all very accepting and diverse, which adds to that same great environment. They treat their employees quite well, doing little things such as catering lunch four times a week and taking employees out for large company events. In addition, they value giving back to the community, providing community service opportunities for their employees that are sponsored by the company. All in all, I was impressed with Turn as a company.

Interview Questions

• I'm unable to tell the full extent of the questions (due to signing a NDA) but I can say that some of the questions focused more on the mathematics in the coding questions, as opposed to just knowing how to code it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go in to the interview process ready to negotiate. Look up things like cost of living differences between your current location and wherever they are moving you to. Looking in to other competitive salaries for the position will be useful as well.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then an onsite interview.
    Onsite interview was day long, series of 5 interviews. Had lunch interview with Director of Software Engineer in Test. All the interviews were technical/coding. Lunch was good but was writing code while eating as well! Also got a chance to speak with VP of Engineering at the end of the day. Enjoyed all my interviews that day and was officially offered in less than 24 hours.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.