Ulster Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Ulster Bank

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in September 2019.

Interview

1 hour and 15 minutes, competency questions, just a bit about yourself, your educational background, precious job roles, and then you get told to wait in the waiting area for 10-15 mins while they tally up your points, and if you’re successful at this point they invite you in for a telephone role play, basically they call you from another line and you’re given a sheet with an of customers bank statement and you have to go through that with the customer over the phone, be empathetic and also offer as many alternatives as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UB?
      When did you give excellent customer service?
      Name a time when you had to work to a dead line?
      Tell us about a time you had a co-worker you didn’t necessarily get along with and how did you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulster Bank.

Interview

Pretty long, there was a group activity in which we rapresented a start up asking money to investors, afterwards a single interview where you were asked to evaluate if this fictional startup should proceed with a business idea or not given some data. Lastly a motivational/competence interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to give a negative feedback to someone and how did you managed their feelings?   Answer Question

MIS Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank.

Interview

The interview was arranged by a recruitment agency in Dublin. It took place at Ulster office in Dublin 18. Friendly panel. Quick interview, the result was declared after 1 month.

Senior MI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was quit relaxed and informal. There was a panel of two that alternated asking between questions/taking notes. It was a competency based interview with no curveballs or unusual questions, all were quite general questions and then more specific follow up queries about my experience/approach to situations based on the answers I gave.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you improved an existing process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked on a project where you had to make a choice about an aspect of it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was fine. Standard questions and lots of focus on their standards.

Interviewed in November and only got feedback in 2018. Had to chase for feedback over and over again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very short process. The interview was very relaxed. Got to know a large part of the team. Really enjoyed it. Very friendly people. I wish every interview was like this!

Interview Questions

• Write an small algorithm that checks if a word is a palindrome   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

Standard questions but clear someone else was being given the role noting the matter if fact approach of the interviewers. Disinterested and uncomfortable throughout. Lady was very unfriendly. As I walked through it was very clear that there are alot of temporary staff which gives you a temporary idea as to how this business is run. Decided there and then there was a problem

Interview Questions

• Give example of when you had conflict with another staff member and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

ASU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called then sent an email in regards to the interview. I was not told what to expect but told to bring my passport. The interview started with an introduction to the company, playing a game (ice breaker) then being taken individually to be interviewed, role play, competency questions and a maths assessment.

Interview Questions

• Competency based question about being a team player and how to communicate effectively.
      Give an example of a team member who was having difficulty in dealing with a task.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulster Bank in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 5 competency based questions and then a role play. The whole process lasts about 30 mins. Role play Is pretending to be on a call and reading a bank statement.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you demonstrated good customer service   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you worked with a colleague you disliked   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in September 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by hiring manager to arrange a telephone interview. After telephone interview, I was invited for final face to face interview which was held three weeks after the telephone interview. After the face to face interview, even though I didn't get the job, but the hiring manager didnt inform me about the decision and kept me in the loop for more than 2 months. It was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are competency based questions around the RBS value   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.