Ultima Business Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ultima Business Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Ultima Business Solutions

2.4

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Telephone, TX (US)).

Interview

Telephone interview after agency introduction via CV fishing. Was not a wonderful experience and gained zero feedback from Ultima or the Agency. Seems to gave high turnover of staff. Typical managed solutions company.

Interview Questions

• Generic MCSE Questions holding no relevance to day to day working. I mean. Who knows all the FISMO roles and what they do. Daft process   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Reading, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview usually conducted by another Technical Consultant. This is mostly technical around the technology you have worked with and product related questions and a general chat to understand your knowledge and experience.
    Second stage is a face to face interview at the Reading office involving Consulting Team Manager, HR and another team manager. This is more of a generic interview you understand about your knowledge and experience.
    Overall the interview process is straight forward and less stressful.

Interview Questions

• None. Make sure you have good understanding of the role and the products you will be working with.   Answer Question

Better offer from another company. Otherwise I would have taken this role.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Reading, England) in May 2014.

Interview

Did a technical phone interview where I was asked questions related to my specific skills, followed by a 1-to-1 interview with the HR manager and the director of the consultancy practice, after which I got an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

just a single interview that lasted 1 and half hours. straight to the point and got offer within 72 hours. two directors were involved in the process. were keen to find out how I would cope under pressure and my knowledge around cloud solutions. Microsoft is a big partner for this company so your solutions were expected to be around this type of selling

First Line Support Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions in February 2017.

Interview

Had a call from HR saying they was interested in my cv. Lady rang me arranging for what position I would like to apply for. Told her what position and she said she would send me a email which I didn't receive. Had to email her asking her with an update. She told me vacancy had gone however their was another position available for different job role. HR need to work on their communication. Interview was calm and relaxed. Few questions was asked.

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Reading, England) in August 2011.

Interview

Very good process, you have an interview with the HR, then one with the TSC manager which is a 1 on 1. Then followed up afterwards by a meeting with the Helpdesk Supervisor to make sure you know your techy stuff. After waiting a week I heard back with a phone call. Followed by a letter.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Reading, England) in January 2016.

Interview

I had phone interview which was conducted by an engineer/team leader. it was full technical interview taking 20 mins. after a few hours got feedback to have a face to face interview. i was on holiday at the time of phone interview so it took another two to arrange face to face interview.

Face to face interview took over an hour mostly talking about company, job, my skills and what i do at my current working place. This was more of a understanding what to parties expect from each others rather than a technical interview. so it was pretty chilled and nice one, just be genuine i guess. I was offered the job a few hours after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview;
      Differences between network switches and routers?
      What is public key?
      Firewall knowledge (Cisco)?
      Level of knowledge in Active directory and Group policies.
      NAT, PAT?
      End to End VPN implementation?   Answer Question

Second Line Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Reading, England).

Interview

manager was selling job to me saying how nice it was.It was a face to face interview followed by phone interview where technical questions were asked. I was told that I had passed and agency will get back to me. Agency told me that they had chased the hiring manager and were unable to get an answer. The interview had been on a Tuesday and the phone one was on Wednesday. By the following Monday, the agency told me that they cant seem to get an answer. It seems that they liked me, bit decided to go back to market and see what the market is like (ie find someone even better). The following week, I get a phone call from an agency saying that Ultima would like me to start tomorrow on Thursday on a project and if I am available. The agency said they will go back to Ultima and come back to me. They did not come back till Thursday afternoon saying the project manager would like to see me tomorrow for (yet another interview). I went to the interview, expecting Ultima employees on this customer site. The project manager was the client employee and expected me to be an Ultima employee. Also I would start possibly in two weeks time, as there is a long process to follow before hiring me. Then I realised that it was a different agency who had sent me to the site.

Service Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultima Business Solutions (Reading, England) in July 2018.

Interview

I was approached a while ago about this role, didnt review at the time but thought it useful to share my experience.

I had an initial 30 minute telephone 'interview', not really an interview as it was the hiring manager reciting a monologue (that sounded like he was reading it out from a piece of paper) without much input from me at all.

I attended a face to face interview, very modern looking offices & many very young staff very manicured & groomed, wearing very casual clothing with lots of designer slogans, im used to smart/casual: this felt like being in a winebar in town.

The very pleasant guy at reception signed me in, then another very pleasant guy collected me from reception to take me into a meeting room, i only realised he was not the hiring manager when he walked off, never had this happen before, the hiring manager always making the effort to greet/collect me from reception & think it may have been an attempt at displaying hierachy/status.

1 hour of non competency questions with a large part of it hearing the same memorised monologue as the phone interview.

A big red flag was the hiring Manager repeating 'collaborative working' something im very into but reading in between the lines: the guy was very inexperienced, very recently promoted & would not have been a strong leader, something service design really needs.

Upon leaving the meeting room a very obviously from the Sales team person shouted over to interupt our conversation & basically ordered the guy to come over to his desk when he got back whilst looking me up & down and sneering (!)

The role was clearly controlled by not so pleasant sales team members, job spec stated the opposite, they are wanting to get big corporate contracts but i could see immediately they would not be taken seriously in that environment.

The agency guy who contacted me boasted of being very close friends with the HR lady & very over familiar.
    Seen the same role readvertised regularly since

Interview Questions

• would you be ok doing the existing complex stuff? I prefer the new 'exciting' deals...   Answer Question
    • you look familiar, do I know you from a bar or nightclub in the area?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.