United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at United Airlines

2,885 Interview Reviews

2.9

Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Recalled and hired because I was in 'Lay Off' status with union, applied for and accepted supervisor position thru internal avenues in company.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked are designed with the TEAMWORK theory in mind and how you communicate your plan, your needs and your expectations.   3 Answers

Negotiation

there was none

Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

questions to describe a scenario and experiences that apply towards the new position , 3-4 person panel asking questions. 20% get job from interview, 80% get it with political influence and experience and education mean nothing towards the job. People with no experience and no education can get the job while a highly qualified person will not get it

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a unproductive emplyee   2 Answers

Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very laid back 3 person interview,asked various questions not everyone has to be focused on aircraft Mainteance. Was asked several questions Dom the STAR model that United uses. Vey friendly and was never felt unsure of my answers.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

First, you will take a written test consisting of 50 questions based on what you learned in A&P school and/or hands-on experience. If you pass with a 70% or higher, you will fly to Chicago to take the practical hands-on exam such as safety wiring, torquing hardware and shooting rivets sheet metal. Then you meet with the representatives in the maintenance department and human resources and they will ask you scenario questions and your interest in United Airlines. If you are successful, they will put you in a pool of candidates and you will have to wait for an opening depending on where they need people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was satisfied with your work?   Answer Question

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Why do you want to work here as a professional aircraft maintenance technician I am here ready to park and perform my duties what could you do to help this company

Interview Questions

• What can we do to help this company with all of the skills that I have listed in my resume   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

It's a three step process. First you take a written 60 questions test. Which covers everything you learned through A&P school. You can only miss twelve or so. Can't remember. If you pass the written, you go ahead and take a practical. The practical covers torquing bolts, safetying hardware, installing rivets and measuring some stuff. If you're successful, you finally get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a major decision on your own without notifying your supervisor. What did you do, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Salary is below par with the competition.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

It took almost one and a half month for the whole process to end . First, a phone screen interview, then a written test, after that they flew you to their New Jersey hub for a skill test and f/t/f interview.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work for United   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Took about 1 month. Had to do written test before practical/interview. After passing written test, the process was fast. They scheduled practical and interview very quickly.

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

In person, panel interview, with 2 interviewers. Opening with an ice breaker, tell us about yourself. Then they explained the process and proceeded with several situational questions, to understand your thought process. Concluding with an opportunity to ask any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when....   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Was very smooth and friendly vibe. It will be one person asking you normal interview questions. It lasted about two hours but it could've gone faster. It took a little while to get a response. Unfortunately I was not selected.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.