Universal Music Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Universal Music Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Universal Music Group

2.6

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Music Group in April 2020.

Interview

There was an initial phone call with the recruiter. About a week later, I received a rejection email despite having 10 years of experience and meeting every requirement listed. It's very subjective and not based on skill.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your work history and what you're working on.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Universal Music Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Strung along for four months, with multiple onsite rounds, before being ghosted after the final round interview.

I couldn't get a response on why I was rejected as I had passed the "technical" portions of the interviews. My guess is that I did not fit into the very white culture of the company. I was shocked to see how few non-white people there were at the office from the times I visited. They also can't seem to decide if they are hiring analysts or musicians.

Don't bother unless you're white.

User Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview

I was referred by a friend for the position who knew the recruiter. I never heard from the recruiter so my friend followed up a couple weeks later, then she finally e-mailed me and we set up a time to do a phone screen.

The recruiter was nice and the phone screen went well. She said she'd put me through to do a video interview with the hiring manager but that he was currently out of town on a business trip so it might be a couple of weeks. I told her that was fine. At this point, I wasn't sure about continuing the process after I heard their compensation range but decided to go with the flow.

About a week or two later, I never got word of video interview, but instead an e-mail telling me I was scheduled for an onsite interview that I had never agreed to...? I didn't respond right away. I was actually interviewing at other companies at the time and received an offer that I accepted around the same time.

A couple days later I told them they can cancel the interview as I was moving in another direction.

From what I gathered, the interview process seems to be a bit long and disorganized here... Prepare for some erractic-ness.

Interview Questions

• Generally asked about past experience, relevant skills, etc. Typical phone screener questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Very easy, friendly bosses . I had three interviews and accepted after the third one . I would suggest being yourself and being honest . both of these traits will go a long way and I believe will make the process easier for you .

Digital Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Music Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview to learn more about the applicants background. Then being brought in to meet with in person for an interview. I believe that there is an additional 2 interviews that whoever they will be hiring goes through.

Marketing Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume and prior work for Universal Music Group in January. The official hiring process commenced in April. I had a three person phone call with the marketing team and then a few weeks later had a Skype interview with them.

Interview Questions

• What type of previous experience would you find applicable to UMG marketing? Favorite UMG artist?   Answer Question

Junior Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Music Group in December 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for Jr. Cyber security analyst position. 3 month C2H. First call with two senior analysts with very vague soft skill questions followed by phone screen with VP of Security Operations with more random questions, nothing technical at all. I should've known by now that they already had an internal candidate and simply wanted to publicize the position to fulfill the legal requirements. This was my learning mistake and will allow me to skim through the recruiter offers better.

Advice to company: Candidates like me who are trying to break into the market are trying really hard and send out dozens of specifically crafted resumes and cover letters on a daily basis. We would prefer to be rejected with a decent blanket rejection email if you can't provide personal feedback.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a computer set up at home? Have you ever used a VPN? Have you every worked with Python?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Universal Music Group.

Interview

Phone Interview after talking to recruiter. Spoke with 3 Accounting Managers and answers a few questions based on my background. They wanted to know if I had any experience with SAP and data analytics. I did not have any experience but I was willing to learn. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins. After the interview, I received a email from the recruiter about a week later saying the wanted to give me the internship.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Music Group (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I had a lovely experience with UMG, although I was not accepted for the position. The interview started with a resume submission to a recruiter, a phone interview and finally an in-person interview. I spoke with and met four different employees of UMG throughout the entire process; all of which were kind and helpful creating a comfortable interview environment.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you find most difficult in the position you hold at your current employer?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Music Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied through their application. I received and email about two weeks after. From there I was asked to do a phone interview and during the phone interview was asked to complete an SQL test. From there they would decide if I would speak with the team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.