University of Leeds Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Leeds Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Leeds

2.8

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview

It was good. The questions were clear and easy to understand. They talked about what is expected and talked briefly about past research relating to the field. Overall it was a great experience.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview

Had to prepare a brief response to a prompt. Questions were specific and easy to answer. Interviewers made me feel comfortable. The outcome of the interview was given a few days following. Unfortunately, did not get the position as someone else had more specific experience. But it was a really good interview and I would apply to future positions. Also, was compensated for travel costs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview

Application from with questions, including a CV. Followed by a single round panel interview. 2 interviewers and a HR representative. Presentation of previous research was required followed by a standard Q & A session.

Interview Questions

• What would would you do if you came across a laboratory problem you did not have the answer to?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview

I had a first meeting with the supervisor and then an interview with all the team after a couple of days. The interview lasted almost an hour and was conducted online due to covid restrictions

Interview Questions

• I have been asked to present possible improvements to the research projects   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Well structured interview, with initial presentation followed by questions from the panel of four. Panel were friendly and knowledgeable, and took turns to ask questions from their perspectives as stakeholders in the project for which they were seeking the project manager. Overall an enjoyable interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that failed and what you learnt from it.   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Leeds (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a smooth process. Instructions were clear and everything as planned. I enjoyed the whole process though I didn’t get the job. However, the interview helped me in gaining experience in preparing for the upcoming interviews.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Application, interview. Interview involved 30 min test of 3 tasks and 20 minute interview.
    Was a slightly strange interview. Noone interviewing me stood up to shake my hand when I entered, and there were no questions asked which suggested they had even read my cover letter or cv. Only the set questions were asked and no sub questions or follow on questions were asked. Very much question/ answer situation, which is often more uncomfortable in an interview setting as it gives you no time to get relaxed.

Test consisted of proof reading text & creating a news article

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Two round interview - standard panel interview first time then presentation and panel interview second time. Was given tasks to prepare before first interview. Lots of questions about presentation plus some competency based and experience questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leeds.

Interview

I applied online for the internship. I then had one 30 minute telephone interview conducted by the person with whom i did the internship with. I then received the offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leeds (Leeds, England) in March 2019.

Interview

I was hired through Joblink, so they acted as the point of contact, I met with the director of the IMC and another member of staff, they were friendly, asked straightforward questions, and were lovely.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.