VMware Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,919 of over 1,919.0 interviews

Recruiter21%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore)

Interview

I will be very frank in this review. Recently I got interviewed at Vmware for SMTS position. I had in total 6 rounds of technical interview. In all the rounds interviewers mainly focused on following areas : Multithreading (Scheduler, Pub Sub pattern etc.) , Datastructures and Algorithms, Problem solving capabilities and core programming concepts. I must say all rounds went well and Had really good discussion. Howsoever the questions were, I enjoyed answering them. Now, I don't understand one single point. Why do these Hr's, who are so polite before you start the interview process, immediately start ghosting you after you are done with interviews ? I mean seriously Why ? Is it really required ? I mean, They don't even bother to give you any kind of feedback and neither bother to reach you out to you or at least reply to you. Why? Haven't we both invested our time in this whole process ? Doesn't candidate deserve to know what happened ? Or is this in culture to not respect people as humans ? No wonder why people don't respect HR once they are on-boarded. I really don't care and have never cared whether i get selected or rejected, but what I have always cared about is feedback. I have no shame in admitting that i was not selected in Amazon once, but what I liked about them is they came back to say that they can't hire me and provided a proper feedback. That's where a company makes an impression. But these guys. Ahhh. I was reading about these things happening in other reviews but was not sure to believe them. But now I believe them. Improvement area : Though I have no complains from interviewers but one thing I want to say, whenever you are asking your candidate to turn on his camera please make sure that you are turning on your camera as well, Or either extend your apology if by any reason you can't turn it on. Otherwise It sounds really very rude and disrespecting when this happens. And in Vmware, It happened in all the rounds . No one even cared to turn on their camera. Not even manager. Advice: Try to train your interviewers to try and find out the strengths that any candidate possess, instead of spending time in finding out their weakness. It would really help VMWare in long run and would definitely improve the working environment in Bangalore office, that I can see in all the reviews, is a mess right now. "Its never a rotten Farm, There are always a few bad apples, giving the impression that the whole Farm is rotten"

Interview Questions
  • - Some DS questions (medium level) - Lots of Multithreading questions (Create a Task Manager, Create a Scheduler, Implement Producer consumer, How async await works internally, what is Context synchronization, ConfigureAwait, and few other Multithreading scenarios) - Javascript core concepts, SQL query, Design API Throttling, Design your own PUB SUB Pattern - Few core programming language concepts, like finding output, improving code implementation, finding issues in code, etc.
    Answer Question
30 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore)

Interview

The interview process started with a recruiter who called me to explain about the position. There were 3 technical rounds in total. First two were basically on DS and Algo . These rounds also focused on language basics as well as system design concepts. The third round was system design round. After the 3 rounds were over I kept following up with the recruiter for the feedback . The recruiter said that they generally provide the feedback within 24 hours, but for me it took a week to provide feedback that too after following up with them 100 times. The recruiter informed that my feedback was strong positive for all the rounds , but while I was interviewing for that position they had already rolled out offer letter to another candidate. VMware why do you waste candidate's time even after knowing that you are have already selected some other candidate. Candidates are humans after all. The worst experience I ever had, and I'll never ever encourage anybody to interview for this company.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

As a NCG, covered basics of data structures, coding concepts, design, and logical problem solving. We discussed design for a basic program. Also how to design a basic test framework and examples of FVT, Systest, and Perf.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about doing a phone screen but was a no show the first time, she apologized a few days later that something came up and couldn't make it and if we could set up another date and time to conduct the phone screen. We agreed on a set date and time but once again, the recruiter did not call. The recruiter seems pretty disorganized and didn't really respect other people's time for waiting for their call. I would've expected a company like VMWare to have their act together but even a simple tech screen, they cannot get right.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Online Test: There was a coding section, aptitude and OS and CN questions. The coding question was rather simple. Technical Round1: Focused on Coding Ability Technical Round2: Coding Ability and heavy concentration on OS and CN concepts. I didn't qualify to the next round. To be able to pass these interviews you need to be thorough with OS, CN and data structure concepts.

Interview Questions
  • Coding: Questions based on strings in any language, Sorting methods OS: Semaphores, Threads (Different ways it's used and how they are created) Deadlock CN: TCP/IP, TCP vs UDP python: lambda vs function C: Pointers, extern, static

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

It was fine. It was a bit difficult. They focused basically on the technical part. They asked about the projects, and language you are comfortable with. Also, basic data structures and approaches to some questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

3 headhunter interviews 3 internal interviews. 1 technical 2 manager and hr. Really good mix not too long and not too short. 1 face to face with the headgunter and 1 face to face with the conpany.

Interview Questions
  • Standard question in general. Present cases and defend them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore)

Interview

1st round: written round consists of aptitude, operating system and networking questions, email writing 2nd round: group discussion (elimination round) 3rd round: technical round (questions on networking, OS was asked) 4th round: managerial round ( questions on networking and scenario based questions) 5th round: leadership round ( questions on resume) 6th round: HR round

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Surathakal

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware (Surathakal)

Interview

Experience was very nice and HR was very friendly. It was on-campus. Online test was of 100mins. During exam my system screen went black. Instantly I call their team(instructed by our institute representative) and they deal it very smoothly. I was able to clear the test. 3 rounds of interview, 1. Technical - 2 coding question followed by some theory questions from OS, DBMS. 2. Managerial - She tests my code approaching ability with a hard lvl coding question. Asked some situational based questions. 3. Finally HR Round - This was just a conversation on family background, moral of life and such questions which helps to understand a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Suppose you are given a very huge array, that wont be placed in your system in one go. How would you sort this?

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Conducted 2 rounds on Same day. You will get a positive feeling that interview went well. You will have a confidence about outcome because of your self evaluation. But next day you will receive a rejection mail and you will never know exactly why. I think you need more than just a good interview to get into vmware.

Interview Questions
  • check whether linked list is a palindrome Implement power function Design hashmap Find max k top elements
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,919 Interviews