VMware Interview Questions

Updated 10 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,805 of over 1.8K interviews

Recruiter21%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Mar 2021

Interview

Worst Interview Experience - 1. Written Test (Aptitude, Coding, C, C++ MCQ) 2. Technical Round 1 (Coding + DS+Algo +Project+Internship) 3. Technical Round 2 (Coding + OOPS + Project) 4. Managerial Round (Project + Behavioural+Puzzle) 5. HR round

Interview Questions
  • Round 1 : Written Test (Aptitude, 1 easy coding question, C and C++ MCQ) Round 2 : Technical Round 1 - consisted of coding on codepair . Few questions were 1. Mirror Tree 2. Reverse a Linked List 3. Find missing and repeating number 4. Stock buy and sell 5. Find middle of linked list Few more basic questions Round 3 : I did well in previous round, answered all questions correctly so i was taken to Techno-Managerial round, For others there was Technical round 2 in which they asked about OOPS, Project, Coding Round 4 : Questions related to Project, OOPS, Behavioural Questions and one puzzle I answered all coding questions correctly and all questions related to Projects and OOPS . In my last round Manager asked me various questions that i was able to answer correctly as i was patiently able to listen to his questions and answer accordingly. In the last 10 minutes he added some other girl to interview and as soon as she entered she started asking me questions. Seriously her internet connection was so unstable. I was able to see her video in which she was speaking but I was not able to hear her audio. After some time I heard her audio then she was not speaking. As soon as i started to answer i again saw her speaking in video I got so much confused she is speaking or not. Moreover her video got freezed in between and i was not able to understand it was her internet problem or mine. But the first interviewer was able to see me and hear me properly so ultimately it was not at all my internet problem. I was not able to understand which question to answer when. I told them her voice is lagging and i am facing difficulty to understand but she ignored. Ultimately they rejected me. At last she told that It was internet issue from my side and disconnected. If it was internet issue from my side then there would have been an internet issue in the previous 45 minutes of discussion with first interviewer as well. Such foolish people do exist. Reason for rejection : Interviewer internet connection was unstable so I was not able to respond properly. (in just last 10 minutes). The other candidate got selected because that girl was not able to get into her interview due to technical issues . I mean seriously how can someone do like this. This was the worst company I ever interviewed I thankfully I got rejected because if a company can give such horrible interview experience then they can be more horrible for its employees. I never felt so bad for getting rejected before because they did not considered my coding skills, my technical skills, my academic records, my projects. Just based on last 10 minute discussion they rejected. If any interviewer is reading this : You never know how much hardwork a candidate has put forward to reach there and you being an interviewer should consider the overall interview scores of candidate and not just last 10 minutes improper discussion. You are on interviewer side that does not mean that you can judge a candidate just based on an improper discussion. I hope my voice reaches to @vmware and all future candidates appearing for the process.
    1 Answer
19 people found this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware in May 2021

Interview

Waste of time. The interview process was: 1. Call with recruiter. This was great, the recruiter helped find a few opportunities I really liked. 2. Technical interview. This was great, the engineer I was pair programming with was fun to program with and the question was practical. 3. 4 hour onsite. Withdrew my application before this step because HR made it impossible to schedule anything. I was emailed that they wanted to do the final onsite interview 5 weeks ago and a new HR recruiter would email me within a week. A week goes by, no email. I email to follow up, they say one more week. When they finally email, I had been given some days off, so I let them know those days. Two weeks go by and the day before those dates they reply that it won't work. l then send some additional times. No reply for a week. At this point I withdrew my application. Don't waste your time interviewing here.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Interview process consisted of phone screen with HR, then a statistic theory/comprehension conversation with a team member, followed by live SQL coding test, then a presentation. After the SQL coding test, the interviewer said I did pretty good and I thought so too...only to find out a week later I didn't make it to the next round because my SQL skills wasn't good enough? Very misleading feedback. Definitely on the dry side...no conversation about your career goals/work history from any interviews with the team members.

Interview Questions
  • Know basic statistical concepts like hypothesis testing and CI.

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

The recruiter was awesome; she loved my background and the fact I was in the Military; she felt I was a strong candidate in which she moved me to the Hiring Manager; the questions were easy; she told me that the only thing was that I didn't have SaaS experience but that other than that I was good, so she pushed me to the next round with colleagues who the same title as the position. That interview was easy. They both told me they also didn't have any SaaS experience coming in, but they learned it there and that I had a strong background. But ultimately, they said no that although I had a strong background, energy, and personality, I was too attached to the Oil & Gas industry in terms of having only work for big Oil&Gas companies. They said "transferrable skills," which I felt insulted because I have a strong background even in the Military. One of the people who interview me also said, "oh, I never been familiar with someone in the Military." When I got the call from the recruiter telling me I didn't get the job, we both sobbed. I couldn't thank her enough for valuing me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why are you interested in this role?
1 person found this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware

Interview

2 phone interviews, each lasted 45 minutes. Both behavioral and coding questions were asked. Overall, the interviewers were nice and were happy to share aspects of their job. The recruiter responded after about a week.

Interview Questions
  • One easy leetcode question and one medium leetcode question.

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Kurze Vorstellung und Kennenlernen, dann Austausch zum Backround, sowie zur Stelle. Die Art und Weise der Kommunikation war stets auf Augenhöhe und professionell. Auch die besprochenen Timelines wurden von VMWare vorbildlich eingehalten. Man fühlt sich gut abgeholt und betreut.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware

Interview

The interview process was entirely through an HR manager and I didn’t interview with anyone who would be within my management. The interview was pretty basic over the phone and not that personal. They asked many questions about me but did not tell me much about them or their day to day operations without asking.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

First round is an online test and then Two Technical rounds, one Managerial round and one HR round. Happened over zoom. The interviewer for the second technical round was very rude. Around 25 people gave the interview, 3-4 were selected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Got thru HR screen without a problem, and was told that next, I'd be chatting with one person, but no information on who it would be or even what their role was. HR also sent me very clear information about the interview format the next person would follow...however, the next person did not follow that format, so I was caught off-guard and ran out of time going through my portfolio. I got a callback, but the next interview was not a good experience either. Neither of the people I spoke with held the role I was interviewing for, and they didn't seem to know what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a story about an idea you came up with that became a new product?

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

A minimum of 3 rapid fire technical rounds with little to no time for breaks in between. Combination of system design and vague - google esq - puzzle questions. Unfriendly interviewers. Arrogant atmosphere.

Interview Questions
  • How would you solve traffic congestion on a jam-prone highway?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,805 Interviews