VMware Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.7
VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger
Pat Gelsinger
Cons

"Refreshing Culture, What an opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having recently joined from a less mature organisation, the culture is truly refreshing - lots of respect for the individual, great work to break down silos of operations and simply one of the most relevant customer conversations to be having at this time

Cons

I'm not sure they understand the size of the opportunity in the field - don't be an engineering company with a hidden message. It's now a value sale, not a widget you just need - the solution portfolio is amazing, it needs to tell the customers and not stay in product silo's

Advice to Management

Continue the investment in the storey telling of how we are transformational and relevant to customers Focus on customer outcome - not products Spend spend spend on Awareness - the message is so much bigger than externally understood!

VMware2019-07-18
  2. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Sales - EUC in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at VMware full-time

Pros

Great leadership team, pay, benefits, products and people.

Cons

No future career for me within the company that I have visability of

Advice to Management

Clearer career path would be helpful. The standard HR forms are a load of rubbish and just a tick box exercise for everyone.

VMware2019-07-17
  3. "Best company I have worked for..."

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful focus on diversity, inclusion and the wider community. Great leadership. Acquire great companies to join the VMware family. Opportunity to be at a company that has a technology edge on the competition and help companies use any cloud, for any application on any device.

Cons

Sometimes political (which company isn't?), processes, procedures, and systems are improving, but need more work.

Advice to Management

Continue adding and enhancing our portfolio and keep the focus on the VMware family.

VMware2019-06-19
  4. "Mor Pros than COns"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Staines, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The People, The Culture, The Technology, Opportunity to develop, Drive for Equality in all areas of the business, Work / Life balance

Cons

Beginning to have issues that beset organisations once they get to a certain size. Growth and Margin requirements driving behaviours against EPIC2 values. Increasing Processes and measurements becoming detrimental to focus on customers.

Advice to Management

Don't forget it is all about the people and customers , not just the botom line

VMware2019-06-19
  5. "Sales Management"

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

EPIC values CEO Strategy and products Enablement opportunity

Cons

Work life balance Challenging growth targets

VMware2019-06-27
  6. "Amazing Tech married with a Fantastic Culture"

Current Employee - Director in Staines, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The innovation and collaboration is outstanding. What's more the EPIC2 values that VMware espouses from the very top of the Leadership, are lived by the Leadership and cascade throughout the organisation. It's not a printed statement on a wall, it's a genuine belief system. E=Execution, P=Passion. These two are evident always. I = Integrity and the professionalism of the people and the Leaders bears this out. Never... have I experienced a place so hot on doing the right thing, even if it doesn't help you personally. Long-term thinking even though we have quarterly goals and usual target pressures, we understand what we're building isn't just 3 months worth. C=Customer and the customer focus especially to help fix their business problems rather than just sell products is maturing exponentially. Finally 2 = the second C - Community. A week a year to provide voluntary service to any community you choose, fully paid, and encouraged was and always will be a winner for me when I joined. We are all people, and very fortunate to work for a Company that gives back to help others benefit from our good fortune. Tech as a Force for Good really resonates.

Cons

There's so much opportunity and energy that you need to gtake a conscious decision on what to focus on that develops you and VMware in equal measure. It's very easy to take on too much, but that's a choice you make rather than the Company piling it on

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging all staff - especially those who have been with the Company for a while to keep reinventing themselves, evolving with the company and embracing new ways of working and engaging with customers. Otherwise keep doing what you're doing. It just works!

VMware2019-06-06
  7. "Vmware EUC SE"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team ethos, great technology, always a different challenge every day, opportunities to grow

Cons

They have to improve their internal processes. people need to step up and take ownership of issues and challenges

Advice to Management

listen to your customers more

VMware2019-06-06
  8. "Wish I was ten years younger!"

Current Employee - Specialist Sales Director in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time

Pros

Fantastic to work for a growing, innovative and relevant company

Cons

A fast growing large company can't get everything right first time

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on customer value, integrating products together so they become solutions to customer business issues

VMware2019-06-04
  9. "Hugely forward thinking and supportive"

Current Employee - Specialist Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and build your brand the company will fully support you in meeting your potential. Hugely innovative and constantly looking at their technology to ensure it remains relevant and leading edge. Great benefits for employee and family and really good team feeling across business which really shows at events such as kick off.

Cons

Head Office in Staines is not ideal

VMware2019-06-03
  10. "Outstanding place to work! So much more than a hypervisor!"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Staines, England

I have been working at VMware full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tremendous quality of outstanding professional people. Incredible breadth of technology including Cloud, Networking, Security and End User Computing. Customer engagement and commitment is outstanding also. So relevant to the challenges that organizations are facing with digital transformation. Partnerships with AWS & Microsoft are really exciting also. We believe in technology as a force for good. Five days paid... leave to invest in a cause that you believe in and VMWare will match your charitable donations every year...

Cons

Genuinely nothing. We are on an incredible journey.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging us to do better. Everyone can and should be bolder with their ambitions for their customers.

VMware2019-06-03