Virgin America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virgin America Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin America

2.7

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After sending my resume in, about a month to month and a half later I got contacted to do a video interview with five questions to record and send into the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was based on their values as a company, one of their core value is to be remarkable. They asked to explain what makes you remarkable?   1 Answer

In Flight Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then did a video interview then was invited to the face to face. There was about 30 of us there. Short presentation of the company and a little info on the merger between Virgin and Alaska. Then we were separated some people did one on one's and some people had group interview and the rest of us just waited and were able to ask current flight attendants questions. It was a pretty laidback interview. The group interview was scenario based questions all centered around customer service. Not gonna lie, they were pretty hard. The one on one was great. I felt really good about the whole day but unfortunately I didn't get the offer. Sucks because virgin is my dream airline. But who knows what they're looking for. There was 30 of us there and they only picked 3 people. So very selective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First, I sent in an application. About two weeks later, I received a questionnaire to fill out. Next probably 48 hours later, I received an invitation to do a one way interview online. This was very nerve racking for me because I had never done one before. I came to GlassDoor to study the questions and prepare. This website was very helpful.

After that I did not here from virgin for 3-4 months. So I gave up and waiting and started applying to United. Oddly, as soon as i sent my application to United, Virgin got back to me to set up a phone interview. It was less a interview and more them telling me about their tattoo and piercing policy and that id have to pay my way to the face to face interview. I was asked why I would be good for Virgin.

I then set up a date to go to Cali. Call me crazy that I have to pay outta pocket but I'm excited! I've never been to SanFran. hopefully its worth it!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Virgin America in October 2017.

Interview

This is about f2f interview. There was a group interview and an individual interview. Make sure you smile and stay positive. The group interview consisted of 12 people in my group, and 4 virgin staff in one room. Random cards of questions were passed out and we're not allowed to take a look at it until it was my turn to talk. These were customer service scenarios from different professions. You want to be able to think on your feet and think creatively. The staff will grade you on the spot to see how well you did. Be loud, confident, succinct, and smile. They will also probe you a little bit.

After the group interview, I had a one on one. The interviewer seems nice and friendly, seem a little tired.

Ater the interview, I waited at the main room. By that time, alot of candidates were already pull out, either they got the job or escorted out. you'll never know. When my name was called, candidates were encouraged to clap hands and cheer for me. As I walked out of the room, a recruiter walked along with me and asked how I was doing. She stopped at the corner of the hall and gave me her "TBNT" speech in a calm way, making it look like she was sorry, something that i read from emails when receiving numerous rejection letter from airlines that I applied for. It was no surprising. It seems that they hire younger candidates, fresh off college with little experience.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (Burlingame, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Application process to interview process was really fast. I was impressed with the recruiting staff timelines. I was called to schedule a Face to Face interview with short notice for 10/26/17 in Burlingame, CA Embassy for 09:00 AM. Total expenses out of pocket cost me roughly $600 . i arrived at 08:00 AM and most people were there gathering in lobby. Virgin Staff showed up around 09:00 AM or later. I was surprised to see staff dressed and groomed so poorly and unprofessional. Staff looked miserable and tired. There wasn't an icebreaker only informational video, 10 minute restroom break, group interview and one on one interview. I never had time to eat and raced to get one glass of water. Staff seemed very catty and non chalant about the process. I did very well in the group interview but i was starving and delusional by one on one due to poor time management. Needless to say, i didn't receive an offer but after seeing the employees behaviors, time management and poor appearances it wasn't a good fit for me.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (El Segundo, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online then within hours got an invitation for a one way video interview (awkward but easy) then a couple days later got an invitation by email for a phone interview and then got invited to the face to face at hotel in El Segundo CA.

Guest Service Teammate - LAX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virgin America (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, a 'bot' responded to arrange a video interview for the following week. The 'bot' set the expectation with specific technical instructions to follow.

In Flight Teammate Interview

Interview

Easy application format - basic information, resume/cover letter and then a 35 minute questionnaire (i.e. personality traits and working as a team vs alone). As soon as I completed my application I received a notice that I wasn't a good candidate for the position - I assume this has to do with my answers in the questionnaire because it was too short of a time for anyone to have reviewed either my resume or cover letter. I understand that personality can "make or break" guest experience when it comes to customer care, but it's a shame that someone with many years of customer service experience could be declined simply because they didn't score well on a personality test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America.

Interview

The group interview is in a very casual atmosphere. They will tell you to have fun but contain to maintain professional. My group had a blast and it seems we may have too much fun as most of us did not make it through. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• They gave out scenarrios: The plane is having a mechanical delay, two passengers are very upset. Act it out and show how you would handle it.   2 Answers

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Process took about a month . You fill the app , take a test than they invite you to a video interview . Pass that , they will email you for a phone interview and you pick the time convenient for you . They call you takes about 15 min , if you pass they invite you to the group interview /1x1... but you really go through 2 separate interviews. I personally thought I did awesome . I participated in the ice break game , I felt I did my best and was very clear in what I wanted which was the job .. I have 15 years of customer service experience , I showed them I really wanted the job and I thought my personality was what they were looking for... I was so excited after going through my second interview I honestly thought I got the job for sure !!! Btw there were about 30 candidates there and they were looking to hire as many people that fit the position ...they called my name at the end to let me know that my journey as ended there. I was not told why ... I prepared for this interview and stayed up the night before just peeping myself because this is my dream job and I was so anxious to be a virgin America team member . They said during the group interview just have Fun and be yourself and that's exactly what I did . They lost a good one :( oh well life goes on ... another airline will be lucky enough to have me that's for sure ! :)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.