WalkMe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

WalkMe Interview Questions

Interviews at WalkMe

3.1

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Interview

A pre screening phone call, then 2 technical assessments. The first one you're required to answer a question from a hypothetical customer, the other you're required to create a walkthrough using their software

Interview Questions

• How would you reply to a customer that was having trouble with [WalkMe Feature]   Answer Question

Account Executive, Mid Market Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalkMe (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

It was a very brief initial screen with Sales Recruiter. Didn't give much information or insight on the company or culture. Very one-sided conversation. Recruiter was not very engaged from the get go

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and offered a panel with backgrounds from all over the company. Was able to have unique conversations with a lot of different individuals and get a good grasp of the role, the culture and expectations

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time that you received difficult feedback? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WalkMe (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Email from company, set up 1st Interview via video chat. Great conversation. Then 2nd one...phone . Senior manager was late to call. Called me wrong name and spent 14 minutes on call. Said I didn't have what they were looking for. Why have the call? Terrible process

Interview Questions

• What kind of SaaS experience do you have? What brings you here?   Answer Question

Junior Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WalkMe (New York, NY (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

So I got the home assignment without any phone call or something, just "do it until this date" kind of thing. Ok, the assignment was pretty interesting, but difficult as hell!! I did my best, did all the bonus questions....but the thing that realy puzzled me is that I spent 4 days doing and learning things from scratch, like their platform and css+jquery, and not a SINGLE phone call?? That is a whole new level of inhumanity.

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WalkMe in September 2020.

Interview

The interview process was just as the internal recruiter described it would be (which help set my expectations):4-6 weeks from initial phone screen to offer. Each member of the team I met with via video conference was great, allowing ample time for me to ask them questions and for them to ask questions of me.

After the phone screen with the recruiter, initial conversation with the hiring manager, the panel interview, they requested a mock discovery and presentation which required a good amount of prep (no different than if it were for a live prospect). During the same presentation session they also requested I present an account plan. Then a final interview with the VP of Sales would conclude the process resulting in a yes/no decision.

Overall the process was smooth until the very end when, during the final interview, I realized the VP of Sales was asking questions about my experience that were clearly outlined on my resume (e.g. how much experience do you have selling Saas when my entire career has been spent selling SaaS!), only to realize he was using my LinkedIn profile instead - almost trying to find an 'ah-ha' to not progress me through the process. Strange.

I followed up with everyone I met with with a thank you note, extended another note to the VP asking for another 30 minutes to give me time to ask him questions (and attached my resume to the email), only to receive a short, cold, rejection email from the internal recruiter two days later.

After this happened, and being a seasoned salesperson not taking the first 'no' for an answer, I reached out to the hiring manager several times over several days via text and email requesting feedback. No response to any of my polite requests was ever acknowledged. Nada. Zip.

To summarize, the team at WalkMe does a great job at first, but seems to fall short on the follow through and details that would turn a good experience into a great one. Makes me wonder if they work with their customers in a similar manner.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe (Raleigh, NC (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for an initial screening call which was scheduled quickly. The following week, I attended an interview with the manager I would be working with. The conversation was very smooth and transparent about Walkme, then questions on my work experience. I attended a round-robin interview with 3 other leaders the following week. My final interview was with one of the directors and the conversation was very pleasant. The following week after I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Walkme? when there are so many other companies in your area.   1 Answer

13 Aug 2020

We are excited to hear that responsiveness and transparency were showcased during your interview process. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe in March 2020.

Interview

Internal recruiter did an initial screening and looked for background and cultural fit. Hiring manager was late to call. He was walking to an appointment. He had scattered questions and then cut the call short because they ran into customer.. Disrespectful. Poor planning. It appears many junior managers

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How much experience do I have with net new prospects? What was your biggest win? What was your biggest loss?   1 Answer

13 Aug 2020

We value responsibility and responsiveness for our interview processes, and we regret that you did not experience that. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Customer Education Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WalkMe.

Interview

One phone interview with the recruiter, one phone interview with the hiring manager, and a video interview with two team members. Interviewing with the recruiter and hiring manager was pleasant and enjoyable. Interviewing with the two current team members was horrible. It was a Google Hangouts interview and both of them didn't show their face, one wasn't even paying any attention and didn't have any questions for me. At the end of the interview, they told me I would be moving to the next round but then I got a rejection email. Don't tell me I'm moving to the next round if you plan on rejecting me. Based on their tone, I was able to tell they weren't interested in speaking with me as much as the hiring manager was.

Interview Questions

WalkMe Response

2 Apr 2020

We are pleased to hear we were off to a strong start with the interview process. Your comments show we have more opportunity to improve across our organization. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Customer Education Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WalkMe (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There were several phone screeners with team members in San Francisco and then an onsite in New York. Since I wasn't local, I had to fly in for the onsite. They had me prepare a build of WalkMe and a training that I had given before. I put in a lot a of effort into my appearance and looked forward to meeting everyone. Unfortunately, when I got there, I learned that I would only be meeting one person in the office to get a feel for culture fit, and the rest of the meetings would be conducted over Zoom, including my presentations with people in San Fransisco. It was bizarre. I could have just not flown in at all and done all of this from home. What's worse is that because I presented the training over Zoom, I couldn't make eye contact with anyone or go around the room as I had practiced -- and then I was asked if I would be making eye contact with participants.

Interview Questions

• What we're looking for with this exercise:
      You can articulate a website or web application pain point, make a basic WalkMe solution to
      resolve it, and explain how your solution solves that pain point. Feel free to use any site or web application, and feel free to make up a fictitious pain point as well. When you share your
      solution with us, just walk us through the above. You will not be expected to teach a period of
      instruction, but just provide a basic explanation.   1 Answer

2 Apr 2020

We apologize for not sharing what you could expect in the interview with us and regret the lack of team members in the office. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.