Web International English Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Web International English Interview Questions

Interviews at Web International English

2.0

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Web International English.

Interview

If you are a legal resident living in the country, you can approach the employer in person to arrange an interview. Or, you can email the company HQ to express your interest, at which point you may be contacted via Skype or other video phone-call software.

Interview Questions

• Q: What previous experience do you have teaching or inside the classroom?   1 Answer

Ielts Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web International English in January 2016.

Interview

mock teaching in front of employers. they will pretend to be your student. You can choose to teach listening, reading, speaking or writing. do interact with your students. apply if you really like students and teacher's job.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Web International English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

Quite easy. I was interviewed by a British guy. Then the manager who was chinese. Interview was fine with both people. What happens after that was a different story because of my terrible direct supervisor. But the 2 interviews were good.

Interview Questions

• (Insert a grammatically incorrect sentence). How would you correct this error?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Web International English (Hangzhou, Zhejiang (China)) in May 2019.

Interview

A short correspondence on wechat and then a 30 minute over-the-phone interview. They had said that they would normally do a second interview over the phone and perhaps even a teaching demo but told me it wasn't necessary as they were satisfied with my original interview and experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview was brief with a focus on my experience and how I would handle certain situations in class such as shy students, or getting them to talk as this is a common problem among older students. Also on my experience and willingness in hosting events they arrange.   2 Answers

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Web International English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a PPT and to pretend to teach for 15 mins. I was given a date, and on that day I received a link to an online classroom. I uploaded my PPT there and started the lesson. It was a 1to1 class with a nice lady. She was asking questions about my educational background and experience. The whole process took about 40 minutes.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tianjin, Tianjin (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web International English (Tianjin, Tianjin (China)) in December 2018.

Interview

A demo lesson was required. The interviewer was friendly and professional. She was also very informative. We spoke for almost an hour.

I arrived at their office in a mall and the lady met me outside. She gave me a tour of the building and then proceeded to interview me.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web International English in September 2018.

Interview

Quite short - interesting and not pressured. Good to meet employers and find out about company through an interview process. Was given confidence about company and moving to China to start teaching

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Web International English.

Interview

It was very easy, just comfortable and prepared. I was interviewed by a Chinese recruiter and foreign (American/ Canadian) ESL teacher. it took all in all about 45 min with the demo teaching with them being my student.

English Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Web International English (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2018.

Interview

Two rounds of the interview process. First round, they asked me very basic questions about why I applied for the job. The second round was conducted by the education director who asked about my teaching style. Seem to ignore that I said I didn't have any and continued to ask me questions about my experiences as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in Shanghai? What are common grammar and pronunciation problems that you have noticed that Chinese students have?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an issue that came about while teaching, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • What are common grammar and pronunciation problems that you have noticed that Chinese students have?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web International English (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)).

Interview

Not a stressful interview, they basically wanted to see if we could keep a conversation going with beginner-level students. I was interviewed by someone who wasn't a teacher, and they used some company-internal jargon about teaching in questions, "hot corrections / cold corrections" which wasn't in any of my (several) previous TEFL / pedagogy trainings, so I felt comfortable bouncing that back at them. They really want to hear about how great the "communicative approach" is, IMO.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.