Western & Southern Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Western & Southern Life Interview Questions

Interviews at Western & Southern Life

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

It was a long process and you have to pass 3 exams in order to become fully licensed. It took from March until now to become fully licenses. Others could do it faster probably, but COVID closes a lot of testing facilities down.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

You will be in contact with a representative of the firm for about 3 or 4 phone calls before they ask you to come in to the office. It seemed a little bit overkill, personally.

Interview Questions

• What started your interest in the financial services industry?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I have three rounds of interviews with 4 weeks, the process is too long. And it requires to have a life and health insurance license in three weeks. This is a hard part of the study's large amounts of material in a short period. Also the working environment is ok but is not near the city which means you need a car to work.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very Long, detailed, patient, not very flexible with scheduling. Lots of homework was involved as far as videos, assessments, screening, etc. I felt there was so much asked of me that I couldn’t prepare myself the best for the interviews. This caused me not learning as much as I could about the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the 3 most essential qualities in a successful sales person and explain how I portray them?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life.

Interview

I got a call the next day after applying online -- had another phone interview the following week and offered an in-person interview. I still had a presentation to go before receiving an offer. I declined the offer because it's a long process for not wanting to be a financial advisor long term.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Lima, OH (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The manager was friendly and he asked the the usual questions. After the verbal interview I was asked to take a pre-employment assessment test. The first part was a ten minute timed section that included logic and math questions. The rest was behavioral questions. Be careful with this part. The test is designed to alert them if you are trying to answer favorably. A few of the questions were asked more than once.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the insurance industry?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Interview

Very smooth. They simply explain to you the pay scale and how work goes. The ask you if you've ever worked in sales and try to see if you're open to selling to family and friends as well.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Kingsport, TN (US)).

Interview

Phone Call. Testing. Interview. Given the salary info. Decided not for me and let them know. The overall process was fairly quick, but I decided it was not a good fit for me....environment, job, and salary.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was three rounds long. The first rounds was a screening call. The second round was a call with two members from the team. The third round was a group panel meeting.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      How would you handle a customer that is not happy with their experience?
      What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

They were all very kind and helpful throughout the interview process. I was introduced to the entire staff on the first day, which really made me feel welcome. If you're going into the interview you should expect questions at a moderate level of difficulty, not anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.