Westinghouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Westinghouse Interview Questions

Interviews at Westinghouse

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Interview take place with Behavioral Based interview questions in a panel format. Typically involve the Hiring Manager, along with people from the team and the recruiter or Human Resources personnel

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance in which you encountered an unethical situation.   Answer Question

Field Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

It was a simple 15 minute interview with the hiring manager. It was supposed to be technical but wasn’t truly a technical interview. Regardless it went smoothly and wasn’t stressful in the least.

Interview Questions

• When have you had an idea your coworkers did not agree with?   1 Answer

Interview

Phone screening followed by another call with the engineering manager. Final round is an onsite meeting with the team. Met with the director of engineering along with the head of the civil department and senior PMs.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Madison, PA (US)).

Interview

It was a panel interview with people that did not know the business or industry or were the technically competent. There were no outlines of the job or tasks to be performed.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse in May 2019.

Interview

The first communication was about a week upon applying, from a recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled, with the hiring manager and another employee, and it lasted around 30 minutes. It was mostly an opportunity to learn about the company, site, culture, and capabilities. About a week after the phone interview, the recruiter called and scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of the hiring manager and three employees. The setting was in a conference room. A lab practical was also part of the interview process, which allowed the interviewers to see how you worked through problems. Finally, a tour of the facility closed the interview. All of the interview questions were behavioral and required responses following the format of: example, your contribution, and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. What was your involvement and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you optimized/improved a technique. How did you do it? What was your involvement? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Please briefly discuss your resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with a discussion about my experience but no actual technical questions. Interview was led by the hiring manager who is not a software engineer. Most questions were questions you’d recieve in any job interview not just a software related job interview.

Computer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I put in an application, they contacted me and did a screen, very friendly HR person. Told me in about 2 weeks they would be calling me to interview. They called in about 3 weeks, told me they were interviewing people for 2 more weeks, and I would hear back soon. They contacted me and asked about my technical experience and asked if I would be willing to do a technical interview, to which I agreed. I did a tech interview within a week of this. They called me back in about a week to offer me the position. They then checked my background and had me take a Urine drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between overriding and overloading?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between private, public, and protected?   Answer Question

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Westinghouse.

Interview

It was a campus interview. The whole interview included 45 min technical session and 45 min behavioral session. Two people on each session. It felt like they emphasized more on the behavioral interview part.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were on multiple projects and how did you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westinghouse in February 2019.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with the manager who ended up hiring me and working with me throughout the summer. He just ran through my resume and asked me questions about my experiences and what technological programs I had experience with (Solidworks, Matlab, Microsoft Office, etc). At the conclusion he said I would hear of a decision within the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What technology programs do you have experience with? (Solidworks, Matlab, etc)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westinghouse (Shoreview, MN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by an in-person interview on site with the hiring manager and one additional person. After the interview, I was given a tour of the on-site manufacturing area. They were very prompt with all communications, and the process moved very quickly. I was impressed with their responsiveness.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.