WhiteHat Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Aug 2018

2.7

Sort:

Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The office is a little hard to find so if you have a interview you might want to try and leave 20 mins early then normal interviews. I was interviewed by 3 guys wearing cagro shorts and sandals and wearing tank tops or plaid shirts(Unprofessional). When I first walked in I saw at least 10-15 guys laying around on the floor or sitting against the wall on laptops(unprofessional) and at tht moment I knew that was not going to be a place for me to work and grow.

Interview Questions

• They give you a list of things to study for which was very helpful, the thing that might catch someone off guard is doin the Interview they ask you to Code something and its picked randomly.   2 Answers

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with about 8-10 current sales people and managers, mostly on the phone. VP of Sales was not involved, mostly field reps and the hiring manager. Lots of interviews but nothing unusual, other than the absence of involvement by upper management, which seemed unusual for such a small company. Background and referral check.

Interview Questions

• Please describe our solution and how it compares to our competitors   3 Answers

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Neutral.
    The first phone interview was by the HR. She asked me basic Java Questions. She was pretty friendly.
    Immediately she told me that I clear that round and to schedule the next phone interview which would be a little more technical.
    That was a bad experience. She calls me a little late than the scheduled time. Asks me questions from the resume, but is not paying attention, and I have to repeat almost everything. She pretty much asks me just 2 questions. And then I am asking her more about the job role and the company, but she is disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my internship and projects that I had done.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Initial screen by Hiring Manager
    and then round of interview starts , 5 ppl taking on site interview one after another which included technical questions on Java , Python SQL also manager taking HR /communication skill interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview went well, and scheduled 4 hrs skype interview a week later.
    But that went out to a mess.
    First the interviewer asked couple simple coding questions, and I coded in Gdoc, not bad.
    Then he went out for a while and then called me that there is no need to proceed the interview and not an explanation. No idea why. But NEVER being treated this way during interview.
    It is totally unprofessional and impolite.

Interview Questions

• string manipulation questions   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Gave them my resume at my college's job fair. They contacted meby phone and did an initial phone interview. Got invited for a face to face in their Houston office. It basically consisted of technical questions about code or script snippets on a whiteboard. They were supposed to give me a study sheet ahead of time which I never received, so I was not able to answer all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions regarding syntax etc were difficult, without the use of a computer.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a few rounds of interviews, the first one was held offsite, two were onsite, one was conducted over the phone. Everyone I met with was on time, professional and friendly. I appreciated the candor of the interviewers and the challenging questions. Everyone was very prepared and their questions let me know that they spent time preparing and really wanted to make sure that they selected the most qualified candidate who would be a good fit at WhiteHat.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me a very specific question about system configuration and asked me to describe all the necessary steps that needed to occur to achieve the end result.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Engaging, challenging and informative. A phone interview was scheduled first, was set to be 15min but went nearly 40min. Very engaging first contact. A face 2 face interview was then set up a few days later. This was awesome, I was interviewed by four plus a phone interview onsite. Everyone was
    professional but very down to earth and like-able which says a lot about the culture if you're tuned into it. Received a letter offer two days later. Accepted :)

Interview Questions

• What would set you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Bottom Line is they string you along.I waited over a month to get the generic Thank you letter we will keep your resume on file. and this Email came from HR not the hiring Manager. Good luck trying to reach your contact by phone to ask about your status.

Interview Questions

Interview

Hiring process was a lengthy one. Manager for multiple departements didn't seem organized during interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.