WhiteHat Security Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Craig Hinkley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work/life balance you can be accommodated to work anywhere anytime as long as you are a good employee who delivers (in 9 reviews)

• WhiteHat has a great open work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of clear definitive processes in some of the on-boarding areas (in 4 reviews)

• Experiencing some growing pains as of late since the support organization is challenged with more customer assets then ever to service (in 5 reviews)

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth and lots of exposure to different technologies.
    Everyone is allowed to contribute to any repository. Lots of really intelligent developers that are always willing to help.
    Completely mac based company, everything hosted on GitHub in an open-source kind of fashion.
    Jira used for project management.
    Working from him isn't an issue.

Technolgies:

Golang
    ReactJS
    Vagrant
    Docker
    Ansible

Cons

Sometimes pull requests can be held up due to waiting on input from management etc. This is not usually too bad.

2. "Great people, product, and outlook. Just uneasy at times..."

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Ryan O'Leary and the Threat Research Center have been what sets WhiteHat apart from competitors. Without Ryan and the TRC, there isn't much to talk about really. Ryan O'Leary has an excellent reputation in the AppSec/InfoSec communities. Even amongst the sales and marketing FLUFF spearheaded by NEW management, Ryan brings credibility to the revenue generation teams.

-WhiteHat is a trusted and known AppSec player in the upper right-hand quadrant.
    -Work-life balance
    -Career Growth
    -Great future ahead.
    -Office culture improvements (push for integrating teams)
    -Great CEO

Cons

Unfortunately, the environment has become uneasy. Everyone seems to put on fake smiles to impress the new revenue leadership team in order to avoid friction. This new leadership seems to have preferences for the personnel they brought over from a previous tech company just under a year ago. They forget that the employees that came before them, capture market share for WhiteHat and now they are enjoying the easy renewal of those contracts. They make it clear on who they favor and who they want out. The posting about comments over the "incumbent employees looking old or aged" is so true. The landscape of demographics had changed dramatically recently, so if you don't look "hip" or someone that worked at Google or some cool startup, then you may want to avoid WhiteHat.

Snobby new crew who have a lot of talk behind them and take subtle jabs at previous employees who isn't there to defend themselves.

Advice to Management

Does it really take being in those inner circles to have a future? As much as you like talking transparency in public view, why so many whispers in the office? How do we bridge the gap between closers who have closed and yet are on the "naughty list?"

3. "Continued progress"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid leadership team. Putting in place processes to accelerate sales. Growing diversity in the sales and leadership ranks (in other words, the reviews that say there are no women in leadership are woefully inaccurate).

Cons

Not loud enough in the market. Given that one of the brightest minds in AppSec (Ryan O'Leary) runs the Security Research Institute, we should be out screaming to the rooftops, but we're just not doing that.

Advice to Management

Focus on thought leadership and continuing to implement the processes you're defining.

5. "Sales Development Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The SDR job @ WhiteHat is pretty much performance based as it should be. If you are willing to put in the work and make a name for yourself then this place is for you. I have seen SDR's at WhiteHat move into different roles such as Account Executive and Customer Success as well (So there is a tendency to promote and hire from within if you are a good fit).

It is not exactly Disney Land but if you are willing to work hard and hustle every day then being a SDR at WhiteHat is a good way to start your career. You have to be good at both inbound as well as outbound prospecting (I think this is a pro).

Cons

New Leadership, moving to new office and lots of change coming. If you are good at adapting to change this might be a good thing.

Advice to Management

We should keep the cubes in the new San Jose office. I know it seems cool and collaborative but we don't have to be like Google.

Besides that I am happy to see that the company is making progress and having a strong 2017. Thanks!

"Literally told to “Drink the Kool-Aid”"

I worked at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The solution delivers on plan every time. Solid Sales and Professional Services team. Very customer oriented. Best pure-breed solution in upper right hand. Colleagues are professional and respectful. Company is headed in the right direction. Great training programs.

Cons

Many new faces. Many friendly. But the new crowd, most of whom came from the same company followed a few of their past management team come across as cliquey and condescending. There’s a sense of stirring fear by subliminally telling the teams to “drink the kool-aid”... few factions between old and new. Weird comments about the team looking “aged” too was concerning. Some of the women feel a little alienated because of the new “talent” selection based on age and looks

Advice to Management

Would be nice not to be bullied just because employees have been around for more than two years. We like the vision, but the subtle hints of the “older” crew not being with the program will be canned is a scary thought. CEO is great. Great human being. Doesn’t come across as disingenuous. The others are hard to get a read on. Old and new employees are still part of the One WhiteHat. let’s work together to blow our goals out of the water instead of finding ways to supplant each other and getting “friends/past colleagues” on board for the backfill. So much good for the company ahead. Even tho I’ve moved on, I look forward to 2018 and the next steps on your journey. Everyone is all onboard so no need to strike fear to illicit your desired response :]

"Great group of people"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

I have been with WhiteHat for several months. The company has great product momentum and a very inclusive culture at all levels. As well, the company is both multicultural and also has a good number of woman in senior management positions.

Cons

The cons are really just opportunities to accelerate momentum and the company is very much focused on these: process optimization.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

8. "Positive Outcomes!"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With new leaders coming in, you can see there have been improvements within the company. Teams are collaborative and attitudes within the company are changing in a positive way.

Cons

Pay is a little low compared to market.

"Growth..."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They're growing exponentially!
    They're continually innovating!
    They have talented people!

You'd have to be a fool not to apply...

Cons

You may see a little favoritism.

Advice to Management

Keep steering the ship in the right direction.

"Fake Reviews Win the the Day"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

A good space to be in
    Good AppSec folks
    TRC is strong

Cons

Lack of true growth. Growth is in single digits as opposed to years past
    Key customers are leaving for more modern scanning tech
    CEO tries but is clueless

Advice to Management

Do your best to sell it and get at least a small return for shareholders. Those that really care are offended by the fake review campaign. For every true review comes 3 fakes ones to replace it.

11. "Experiencing growing pains"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

+ Great work/life balance
    + Great employees who genuinely care about the customer

Cons

+ Lack of focus
    + Lack of clear direction