WhiteHat Security Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Craig Hinkley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work/life balance you can be accommodated to work anywhere anytime as long as you are a good employee who delivers" (in 10 reviews)

• "Benefits are standard, but an open/unlimited PTO policy" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management makes some interesting decisions" (in 9 reviews)

• "lack of clear definitive processes in some of the on-boarding areas" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Growth and Organization Maturity"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong sales growth, increasing organizational maturity, delivering results, employee focus with more development opportunities, much better collaboration than ever, outstanding new talent joining the company, productivity continues to increase, new HQ is awesome, leaders are maturing, safe environment to ask for help and ask tough questions, overall the company trend continues to be positive

Cons

Easily distracted, would like more communication, update office environment in Houston and Belfast sites please, more company swag for all employees to promote greater sense of "team", celebrate wins more locally

Advice to Management

Maintain focus and don't allow daily noise to distract from company goal achievement

"Improvements need to happen"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started less than a year ago, things seemed fantastic, you get trained up for 3 months so even if you're just done uni you've still a chance to get a job. Everyone in the office goes out of their way to help you with anything you might need. The people in our office are the friendliest group I could imagine working with, even if you're on different teams you're still considered part of the group and they always have a bit of advice for how to improve your work. We get cake once a month, tea, coffee, snacks, and plenty of activities arranged by our culture team

Cons

In my short time here there have been major changes made with no communication which makes me worry about how my job is going to progress. When I started I was told there are lots of opportunities to move upwards and learn more skills which was a major perk for me, but that's been completely removed. The pay is low, we are expected to do projects for the company that used to contribute to a bonus, but they basically took away the bonuses so what is the point of doing these projects for as little pay as we get? Management answer no questions but answer around them.

Advice to Management

Respect us a bit more. Communicate when you are making changes and maybe we would understand what you're doing, because right now it just looks like us employees are being pushed to the way-side so you can line your pockets. If you support and help us then we will support and help you which will help the whole company flourish. Actually answer our questions clearly when we ask them so we can see where this company is going.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth and lots of exposure to different technologies.
    Everyone is allowed to contribute to any repository. Lots of really intelligent developers that are always willing to help.
    Completely mac based company, everything hosted on GitHub in an open-source kind of fashion.
    Jira used for project management.
    Working from him isn't an issue.

Technolgies:

Golang
    ReactJS
    Vagrant
    Docker
    Ansible

Cons

Sometimes pull requests can be held up due to waiting on input from management etc. This is not usually too bad.

"Maybe tomorrow will be better..."

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

…free eggs?
    Plenty of opportunity for growth if you are in Sales or Management as there is nowhere to go but up.

Cons

Operational and Support teams are denied any growth opportunities and are treated less like humans every day. The exact words that were used was that we are all “bad monkeys.” Executive management does little for the company except for bring employees down, fire them for political reasons, and promote those they have preference to. Going up the chain of command or asking questions will only make matters worse as you will be automatically placed on the McCarthy List. Going to HR for advice is also a mistake as the department is represented by just one person and she will tell you that it’s probably time for you to leave the company, and since she has broad influence over the work environment, you will eventually be terminated for no reason. AKA “Since you’re not in my inner circle, your opinions don’t matter.”

This is just the new culture at this company.

Advice to Management

Spend less time on Glassdoor and more time on doing your job.

"ENOUGH of the FAKE NEGATIVE REVIEWS! If you read one review, read this one."

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with schedule for those with personal commitments, opportunity for growth within the company, free eggs, free sodas, free shuttle to downtown SJ, great , great, great people (well, most of them) who are extremely smart and talented. ping pong/game room, free breakfast and lunch a few times a quarter.

Cons

The few bad apples (bad monkeys LOL) are trying to ruin it for the majority of the company. If they are so unhappy and hate the "Goons" so much, why not leave?? And, if they have left, are you so pathetic that you can't move on? That you still feel the need to continuously post negative reviews? I, for one, am sick of seeing the fake, negative reviews because I work here and can literally see the positive transformation.

Advice to Management

KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING. The majority of the company sees the positive strides you/company is making. The 1% that doesn't see it can ship out. Do NOT let these negative, whiny nit-witts slow you down from turning this company around. Once they go to a bigger company that doesn't tolerate this crap for this long, they'll have the rude awakening they so desperately need. I guess it's true what they say, "jealousy is a form of flattery". Don't let the jealous, naysayers win.

"Good place to start a career, but no long term growth."

I worked at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of room for individual career growth. People willing to train you in any different department, opportunities to change career path and explore options. Great PTO policy, and flexibility with work hours/location. Central location, people commute in from all over the place.

This is a great company to start your career. The people are genuinely interested in sharing their knowledge. There’s so much turnover that it’s easy to move in to management if you are smart and proactive.

Cons

#1 -Stagnant company growth. They’re not failing by any means, but they’re also no longer innovators and leaders in the industry. When I was hired they used to brag about how fast they were growing, how they had to hire to keep up with demand. They used to even share a chart on company growth during orientation. Not anymore, because there’s almost no impressive growth to speak of. They keep saying “We’re reorganizing, changing the way we do things, streamlining” but the impression is more fumbling along.

#2 –Embarrassingly low pay. Not even remotely competitive. Please, please do your research on competitive salary for you job and never accept a verbal promise on salary. Always get it in writing.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees fairly. The good ones leave because they get better offers elsewhere. If you want the best of the best, pay them. And match 401k!!

"Truly dedicated to ensuring everyone can live a safe Digital Life."

Current Employee - Vice President Channels in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President Channels in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An amazing culture, great technology. Application security has never been more relevant than it is today. If you want to feel like your job has a purpose, this is the company for you.

Cons

We are a fast moving company, and if you aren't equipped to handle that pace, then you're going to have a bad time. That said, do you want to be able to move fast and break things, this is a great company to do that.

Advice to Management

Continue to become more and more agile with product development.

"Sales"

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

Interesting space, great product and great team.

Cons

The company is going through some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Revenue Team"

Current Employee - Revenue Team Member in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Revenue Team Member in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at WhiteHat Security full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Established Mid Size Company that still has a start-up feel where your voice can be heard
    Great people- Diverse group of smart people that care about keeping you applications safe
    Fancy new office in San Jose
    Lots of positive changes happening

Cons

Rebuilding means everyone needs to give 110%- not really a con but you need to put the effort in to reap the future rewards

Advice to Management

Keep on the path, you are doing all the right things...THANK YOU!

"Turn around from what?"

I worked at WhiteHat Security full-time

Pros

There is not much positive any longer. The TRC folks have spoken but business folks cower in fear giving direct feedback. We keep hearing "keep on doing what you doing to turn this around" Turn around from what? Themselves? Lets count the accomplishments

Cons

1) Growth has slowed to single digits while the market grows at 35%
    2) Used to have a promenade position on the GMQ
    3)The churn of major customers due to TECH issues
    4)SAST is laughable and being repositioned as DEVSECOPPS . More like DEVSEC-"OOPS"
    5)The culture of collaboration has been turned to a culture of TOXIC due to the TIBCO/Sumo stooges.. "Hey Moe, where's Larry?"
    6)Honest feedback has been shunned in favor of fake reviews on GD.

Advice to Management

You cant talk about turning around the company when the team has been there 2-3 years. The turn around is complete by the way. Only in the wrong direction.