Wix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wix Interview Questions

Interviews at Wix

2.9

Customer Support Team Lead Interview

Interview

Three stages of video interviews before a decision is made. Initial interviews with the relevant department and a final interview with HR, which can lead to an offer. The Wix team is personable and friendly, they love the company and believe in their mission.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wix in October 2020.

Interview

I applied online three weeks ago and received an email to schedule an interview.

The interview was with the Director of Operations and 20 minutes. I felt as if the interview was a bit cold, maybe because of the time crunch or number of interviews there was something very odd about it. It was straight 20 questions style, as if they were reading from an interview template that was copied and pasted online and wasn’t really a conversation since it was rapid fast. The hiring manager didn’t tell me about themselves or their role within the organization and didn’t even excite me for the position that I applied for or the company.

After much consideration I decided to withdraw my application. I went back and fourth since I’ve been unemployed for a couple months and I know it’s a much harder job market for WOC, but I didn’t see myself as a culture fit and if I’ve learned anything during this time of unemployment, is that if it doesn’t feel right , it probably isn’t right and I’m interviewing employers as much as they are interviewing me.

Part of the job role is to make the workplace experience engaging, productive, and fun, unfortunately I didn’t get that vibe with this interview.

Interview questions did focus a lot of managing and leadership style FYI.

Interview Questions

• What do you find difficulty managing employees?   Answer Question
    • How do you motivate employees?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite movie? (Hopefully you pick a good one lol)   Answer Question
    • What do you during your spare time? (I find this question a bit insensitive while many people are out of work and struggling)   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wix in September 2020.

Interview

Hiring process was amazing but Long

First it was a 20 min phone interview. After passing that they wanted me to answer some questions on from a PDF & build a website about my self (I’ve been using Wix since 2015 so I built the site in an hour or so).

After Submitting I was told the next day that I will be proceeding to the next stage, I was scheduled to have a video interview with a team leader.

The interview went great, it was a very friendly & comfortable vibe, I learned a lot of Wix culture & their values in this interview.

I was told I would hear back within a week, but I actually got an email the next day saying they will proceed to advance me to the next stage, an interview with the on-site a manger & HR member.

This interview was more intimidating at first & questions were definitely needed to be answered with thorough responses.

But everything went great.
    It was still a great friendly vibe & everyone was very nice.

I was able to relate a lot to the team manager & site manager as they both have a tech background like me.

After the interview was over I was told I will be getting a response back in about a week..

But in about an hour later I got a response saying HR would like to call me for a quick chat the next morning about proceeding to the next steps!!

I was so excited hoping they would offer me the job,

The next morning I was officially offered the job and I’m now waiting to start this October.

I’m so excited to be joining the Wix.com team.

Thank you!!

Interview Questions

Wix Response

1 Oct 2020 – Wix Team

Hello! So thrilled you chose to describe your process as amazing! We hope to give that experience to all our candidates and it's great to know 😀

Regarding length, we're aware that some processes are quite thorough, but we do that in order to ensure that the best choice is made and whoever starts working at Wix will be happy and productive in their role. We are trying to expedite that though! 🤞🏻Thank you for your review and welcome to the team!

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I interviewed at Wix (Lakewood, CO (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I found Wix at a job fair. They are hiring a huge team to staff up the new customer care center they are opening here in Denver, so they mentioned they were hiring somewhere between 100 and 150 new employees. Now that my youngest teenager is graduating high school, I’m back in the job market and I’m a fan of the Wix product, so I was excited for the interview process.

These interviews all happened September of 2020, so because of COVID-19, everything happened virtually. I attended a customer care “open house” with a lot of other interested applicants and then, like everyone else has mentioned, I was instructed to use the Wix product to create a website about myself.

So, to me, this is genius. My husband and I are already users of the platform, so we spent hours putting together a pretty dynamite website about me, but even if we hadn’t, I think it was useful time, because I can take that practice and dovetail it into a useful resume skill- able to build a website using the Wix product. Keep in mind that the website for this activity MUST be built from scratch: you can NOT use one of their templates. It’s clever of Wix to use their interactions with job applicants to evangelize the use of their product.

I was called back for an interview with a site manager and an HR rep, which I thought I nailed. Maybe that was the problem? Maybe I was overconfident? I was surprised to receive an email 2 days later that they had passed, because there didn’t seem to be that many applicants at the open house and, again, they were hiring 100 to 150 people. The website I created about myself was very personal. I wonder if I should have made it much more professional, but my thought process was that was what LinkedIn does well. Regardless, I must have rung some kind of warning sign for them that I wouldn’t do well in their environment because the math doesn’t make sense to me there. All in all, we spent a LOT of hours with that assignment, but I don’t consider it wasted time because I honed my skills.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about each previous position on my resume, one by one, and asked me to explain spaces between positions.   Answer Question
    • When did you receive outstanding service?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They have 1st round of phone interview with a mentor that lasts about 20-30 minutes then if you are good enough they ask you to complete a questionnaire and create a website using their wix technology. And if you pass that you get to move to the next interview, which is a video interview with a supervisor that lasts about 1 hour or so. Then if you good enough for the supervisor then you get to move on to the next round of interview.....*uffff*....more interview...the last video interview (thank god) is with a manager and HR. While I had a great experience with the mentor and the supervisor with their interviews, this last interview left a bad taste in my mouth. The manager who was interviewing me was wearing a cap!!! A cap during a video interview!! I understand this was at the comfort of his home, but he's the manager and to wear a cap during the interview says something about him. He didnt seem very interested from the very beginning and seemed very conceited. The HR was new to the company and asked very general questions. Anyway, I was rejected and then when asked for a feedback, the HR rep who was in contact with me about scheduling ghosted on me and when I emailed her again after 4-5 days after my intial email to her she said there's no feedback at this time other than the team decided to move on.

Cool!!! So you interview and waste a person's time for a phone call + 2 video interview + a questionnaire + create website, and then you say you have no feedback? Are you serious???!!!  HOW UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Sheesh!!! Such a long, tiring qnd exhausting interview process for a call center rep!

Interview Questions

Wix Response

17 Sep 2020 – Wix Team

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Yes, our hiring process takes some time and commitment, and we are very much appreciative of the fact you put yourself in this process. As opposed to what you described, we do not see this role as a "call center rep" - you were interviewed for a very important role within our company that's contributing to our users' growth and success - and we take our hiring process very seriously. Having said that, we apologize for the fact you haven't received feedback. We always try to do so and we're checking internally to see how we can improve if that wasn't the case here. We thank you for your time with us, and wish you best of luck.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix.

Interview

One of the worst experiences I have had interviewing with a company. I first spoke to someone on the phone, which was a bit awkward but I received an e-mail a day later explaining I moved on in the interview process, which was great. I scheduled my second interview, which was very casual and went well. The person I spoke to said I should hear a decision if I got the position (or didn't) in about a week. Fast forward to two weeks later - I heard absolutely nothing. I reached out to the HR coordinator, who said they e-mailed me (they certainly didn't - I watched my e-mail like a hawk) a week ago saying I moved on to the final interview. This was a bit frustrating for me, because I was originally told I should know if I got the position, not a final interview. I said I was still interested in the position, however explained the miscommunication and that I never received a follow up e-mail. I received no acknowledgment of the mishap, and the coordinator simply copy and pasted the same e-mail I received 3 weeks ago to schedule the first interview. After I scheduled the third interview interview, I received another e-mail from the disorganized coordinator saying I need to choose an interview date/ time. I explained that I already had an interview set up - they quickly got back to me and explained they sent the e-mail by mistake. I interviewed a week later, which I feel definitely didn't go as well. There were two people sitting in this time; it was awkward, and confusing because they essentially asked me the same questions as before. They said (again) I should hear either way in about a week regarding the offer. After about 10 days, I finally heard that I did not get the position, but without any sort of feedback as to why, which I generally find helpful. Overall, I applied in June and did not finish the process until August. They wasted weeks of my time, without any sort of explanation regarding what took so long, or feedback regarding the interview. The coordinator was unprofessional and clearly disorganized, which helped elongate this whole, painful process and the questions asked were repetitive and largely irrelevant. If I would have been offered the position, I don't think I would have accepted, because I was so annoyed by the time I received the rejection.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

17 Sep 2020 – Wix Team

Hi there. We can read and sense your frustration, and we first want to apologize for leaving you with negative feelings. We understand from your feedback that there were two main issues with this process: one was the time it took and the efficiency throughout, and the second was the lack of feedback. We're sorry it took more than usual and that you felt your time was wasted. We try to keep processes as short and efficient as possible, yet sometimes there are circumstances that require more time, and we keep trying to improve on that. As for the comment about feedback, we've passed this on internally. All the best!

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix (Miami, FL (US)).

Interview

The entire process has taken 3 plus weeks month, fast interviewing when being scheduled. I love the interviewers so far as they are kind, nice, and outgoing. Very exciting and easy process. Waiting on a final call back

Interview Questions

Wix Response

5 Aug 2020 – Wix Team

Hi, thanks so much for your review! Sounds like you're super enthusiastic and motivated so we're hoping for good news :) Hope to meet you soon!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wix (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I interviewed at Wix over the course of three weeks after being contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who indicated I was a great fit for the company based on my background and experience.

I went through three separate interviews AFTER taking the time and effort to agonize over building a new Wix site using their tools to demonstrate my skills. It was only after meeting with an HR representative that my interview process ended as I received glowing reviews from the prior interviews. I received no feedback about why I was not selected, only that I was not selected and that the company would be moving on with other candidates.

This process left a horrible impression on me after feeling great about the company and its thorough nature and willingness to be transparent and forthcoming, ideals that are clearly not actually integral to the hiring process for Wix.

AVOID THIS COMPANY. They care only about the bottom line and will throw you away the second they find one thing about you they don't like -- and they won't tell you what it is or how you could improve, either.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my resume, asked me about my professional history, and asked me about times I had gone the "Extra Mile" to help a customer or End-User.   Answer Question

12 Aug 2020 – Wix Team

Hi! We're sorry to hear that the process left a negative impression on you, especially when it seems that you've been feeling great about it while it was ongoing. We're super appreciative of your time and effort, and we know it can be disappointing to go through a process without receiving an offer in the end. We try to give a great candidate experience while also assessing each candidate's fit for the role and the company, as we're sure our candidates are also evaluating us. Not being able to give an offer at then end doesn't mean we don't appreciate the time invested in the process. As to your comment about the feedback, we're sorry that we couldn't provide that and we'll definitely consider your suggestion. Wishing you all the very best!

L&D Specialist Interview

Interview

Hiring manager was not qualified and seems like was promoted from customer service manager to a global l&d lead position. Didn’t know what an instructional authoring tool was. Seemed a bit intimidated by a qualified and experienced candidate.

Overall, looks like a seemingly new and less experienced team was given the responsibility to build a team for a new office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      An instance when you had to adapt?   Answer Question

27 Jul 2020 – Wix Team

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Our L&D team has started from within our customer care team, and we're very proud to be able to offer internal mobility and advancement opportunities for our people. The team is already doing amazing things on a global level, and as with everything else we do - we learn and improve every day. Good luck moving forward!

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Interview

First i had a phone call with a mentor (someone who is a senior customer care agent). The mentor was AMAZING. It was so nice to speak to someone doing the role now, they were able to explain the job to me and get me excited about the role. Next, I did a test where I have to use Wix to build a site about myself, WOW, this was an amazing experience. I got to learn more about the product and that got me even more excited. Lastly, I had 2 more interviews 1 with a Team Leader and then one that had HR and Site Manager together. All in all the process was amazing, I am waiting to hear back, I hope I get hired.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

16 Jul 2020 – Wix Team

Wow, this sounds like you really had a great experience! That's so nice to hear. We're crossing our fingers that someone as motivated as you are will join us soon ☺️

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.