Wolseley UK Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wolseley UK

Wolseley UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolseley UK

Interview

Applied online and received an email a couple days later inviting me for a phone interview. About a week later, I went into the branch to interview with the manager and was offered the job after. Interview was very simple and easy and lasted less around 10 minutes. Questions were generic interview questions and unrelated to the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions
  • What are you greatest strengths and weaknesses?
    1 Answer

Wolseley UK

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wolseley UK

Interview

Half an hour of random googled questions. At one point, Batman & Robin whipped out an iPad with a written question that they made me answer in writing while they looked on. It seemed like they were just going through the motions as they knew I had another job offer with the company and I later found out that they already had a candidate lined up for their role.

Interview Questions
  • If you could be any animal you wanted, what would you choose and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Warwick, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. 3 weeks later I had a Telephone interview. My CV was sent to the hiring manager for review after this. I was invited for a virtual interview on Microsoft teams. in 3 days time and I was asked to prepared a presentation and complete a task. The The interview itself was a walk through my CV, interview questions and my Presentation. 1 week later I was updated on my application.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Urdorf

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Urdorf)

Interview

Since I'd been with the company for several months in a temporary role very different to the following one, it was an open discussion regarding possibilities to stay on and transparent communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Blackpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Blackpool, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

Online and in branch , very easy interview but a long process for the offer to come through could of been quicker especially when apply for several jobs , pay is low for the industry standard and long hours are required without paid overtime also Saturday shifts

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Royal Leamington Spa, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Royal Leamington Spa, England) in Jun 2017

Interview

Straight forward, but waiting times in between each stage unnecessarily long. Took over 3 months to actually get an offer from application. Standard numerical/verbal tests, phone interview with HR (fairly comprehensive - some probing into answers, but the questions are fairly standard), assessment centre and then a final interview with the graduate manager. 15+ people observing the assessment centre which is way too many, makes it awkward for us. Current grads were on hand to help out with informal questions etc which was actually very insightful. Final interview more of a chat to see if you would fit in. Found out I passed 2 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Grimsby, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Grimsby, England)

Interview

20 mins in a grotty little office in the middle of knowhere with constant interruption from other staff, telephone calls and nosey customers. Three people present and working in the office while the interview was undertaken. Two phone calls taken by the interviewer mid interview..

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Ripon, England) in Sep 2016

Interview

Sloppy, don’t through agency who advertised the job totally different to what it was, they didn’t understand the role they were advertising and a lot of people walked out during the first few days//weeks

Interview Questions
  • Agency asked if I was looking for work, and not much else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (Dundee, Scotland) in Jul 2016

Interview

Usual competency based phone interview. I was successful in getting through to the next stage, however I was called and told "there's been internal interest for this role, we will update you next week" - still waiting on an update after chasing this up (2 weeks after call).

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you've coached an individual to achieve a target

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wolseley UK (London, England) in Dec 2015

Interview

very quick and to the point held at branch level with Local Branch manager..Some test questions on procedure and products.Also past experiences at other companies.Very relaxed atmosphere.I was questioned on my outlook and future plans and where I intended to go with this company. The whole interview lasted for 1 hour and 20 minutes , At the end of the interview I was offered the position ans salary I requested .

Interview Questions
  • How many years in the plumbing trade and with which companies.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews