Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions

Updated 15 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Yorkshire Building Society

3.2
HardAverageEasy
Found 35 candidate interviews
Yorkshire Building Society
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society

Interview

I was asked to do a written analysis task before 2 online interviews . The recruitment team were very helpful with any queries I had and were very prompt in their replies.

Interview Questions
  • All interview questions asked were fairly common questions
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I had a single interview which was via Teams (due to COVID) and consisted of competency questions and a walk through expectations of the role. The recruitment team and interviewers were amazing and made the process as easy as possible for me.

Interview Questions
Yorkshire Building Society
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

Submission of cv and covering letter . If successful you will be required to do a competency based interview and a task to demonstrate you can do the position. They will then come back to you with feedback /next steps of the process

Interview Questions
Yorkshire Building Society
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

Full Assessment Day 9:30-3pm. Started with meeting the other 12 Candidates. We were then split into two teams of 6. We were given a scenario and a lot of information and the goal was to shine as the stand out leader. Second we had either the 121 interview which was competency based as expected, then an hours written assignment with a scenario- what would you do... they wanted your thoughts, ideas and then a written plan. It’s fair to say competition was tough. But a well organised day, everything clearly communicated and it brought the best out of the top candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you have motivated someone who was underperforming / difficult? What are the most recent FCA changes you are aware of?
Yorkshire Building Society
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in Nov 2019

Interview

Application process took a few weeks and I was invited to an assessment centre after a short telephone discussion. I was unable to change the date offered for the assessment centre despite being given very short notice. The assessment centre would be an interview followed by a group exercise.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was a 'speed dating' type of set-up. This is different to many interviews but had some benefits, such as not having to sit with the same person if you felt you didn't do well. The questions asked were extremely vague and sometimes so long you couldn't remember every aspect. A massive amount of jargon was used, and when I asked for clarity on a comment about 'agile' working (hot-desking etc or agile project management) it appeared the term had been used without the person 100% understanding the meaning. The heavy use of jargon continued into the group exercise and became more like 'buzz-words' than anything with actual meaning. My main issue is that it was incredibly clear that the business wished to recruit one of the two internal candidates and were not interested in the four external candidates. One of YBS' pros is the retention of staff and recruiting internally so this shouldn't be a surprise. Their intention was clear from the confirmation there would only be one assessment centre, conversations with the internal candidate and their experience with interviews at YBS, and from the feedback I received from the interview, which was that other candidates had answered the questions in a STAR format and then gone onto what they would do differently and what they could bring to a similar scenario if they were successful. Combined with my conversations with an internal candidate, this heavily suggested to me that the person had been coached or at least was very aware of what the business were looking for. The questions I was asked were very very vague and, without confirmation of otherwise in the interview invitation, I prepared my answers solely using the STAR format as I have done for every other interview. Overall I understand the reasons for advertising and interviewing externally, but I had to take a full day off work for the three hour long assessment centre and to have my time wasted like that has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I left the interview knowing nothing more about the role or the company, and did not feel like the company knew any more about me. I was told I didn't fail the interview processes but other candidates scored higher, which I could fully accept if it was not so clear that the intention was always to hire an internal candidate.
Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview process was ridiculous. You are required to make a presentation prior to attending an assessment centre (full day 9am to 4pm) The process starts with a group activity whereby you interpret data and present back to observers - this is a mixed ability and mixed experienced group this takes 1.5 hours Following the presentation you are requested to present the presentation submitted prior to interview then asked 12 questions competency based back to back ( not asked why you would like the job or what you would bring to YBS or what experience you have) Following this you have a written test very similar to the first group activity except on your own. At no point does anyone ask your name, why you would be good in role, what experience you have. You are also expected to purchase your lunch from their run down staff canteen at your own expense. After this ordeal you will potentially be offered a job at 26k a year - I think not

Interview Questions
Yorkshire Building Society
Anonymous Employee in Leeds, AL
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, AL) in Feb 2019

Interview

part competency part technical questions nothing out of the blue just make sure you've got some good examples for most of the competency questions. fairly straight forward overall nothing too difficult was asked or nothing to catch you out

Interview Questions
Yorkshire Building Society
Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Thorough interview process, took a long time to respond but eventually arranged a date at last minute without flexibility. Two stage interview with presentation. The panel asked follow up questions for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What can you do to improve old processes? Explain more about your background in process management?
Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England, England) in Dec 2018

Interview

Only one interview. With a senior PM and a PM. Behavioural style questions, based on CV. Call back received the next day even though they said they will take a week to get back to me.

Yorkshire Building Society
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in Jun 2018

Interview

Short telephone interview, then an interview with one manager with a call listening exercise, then a final interview with five different managers. There was also a short presentation exercise at the end of the final interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deliver excellent customer service while under external pressures, ie performance targets and management listening in on calls?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews