Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions

Interviews at Yorkshire Building Society

3.2

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, AL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

part competency part technical questions nothing out of the blue just make sure you've got some good examples for most of the competency questions. fairly straight forward overall nothing too difficult was asked or nothing to catch you out

Resolution Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in November 2019.

Interview

Application process took a few weeks and I was invited to an assessment centre after a short telephone discussion. I was unable to change the date offered for the assessment centre despite being given very short notice. The assessment centre would be an interview followed by a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a 'speed dating' type of set-up. This is different to many interviews but had some benefits, such as not having to sit with the same person if you felt you didn't do well. The questions asked were extremely vague and sometimes so long you couldn't remember every aspect. A massive amount of jargon was used, and when I asked for clarity on a comment about 'agile' working (hot-desking etc or agile project management) it appeared the term had been used without the person 100% understanding the meaning. The heavy use of jargon continued into the group exercise and became more like 'buzz-words' than anything with actual meaning.

My main issue is that it was incredibly clear that the business wished to recruit one of the two internal candidates and were not interested in the four external candidates. One of YBS' pros is the retention of staff and recruiting internally so this shouldn't be a surprise. Their intention was clear from the confirmation there would only be one assessment centre, conversations with the internal candidate and their experience with interviews at YBS, and from the feedback I received from the interview, which was that other candidates had answered the questions in a STAR format and then gone onto what they would do differently and what they could bring to a similar scenario if they were successful. Combined with my conversations with an internal candidate, this heavily suggested to me that the person had been coached or at least was very aware of what the business were looking for. The questions I was asked were very very vague and, without confirmation of otherwise in the interview invitation, I prepared my answers solely using the STAR format as I have done for every other interview.

Overall I understand the reasons for advertising and interviewing externally, but I had to take a full day off work for the three hour long assessment centre and to have my time wasted like that has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I left the interview knowing nothing more about the role or the company, and did not feel like the company knew any more about me. I was told I didn't fail the interview processes but other candidates scored higher, which I could fully accept if it was not so clear that the intention was always to hire an internal candidate.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was ridiculous. You are required to make a presentation prior to attending an assessment centre (full day 9am to 4pm)
    The process starts with a group activity whereby you interpret data and present back to observers - this is a mixed ability and mixed experienced group this takes 1.5 hours

Following the presentation you are requested to present the presentation submitted prior to interview then asked 12 questions competency based back to back ( not asked why you would like the job or what you would bring to YBS or what experience you have)

Following this you have a written test very similar to the first group activity except on your own.

At no point does anyone ask your name, why you would be good in role, what experience you have.

You are also expected to purchase your lunch from their run down staff canteen at your own expense.

After this ordeal you will potentially be offered a job at 26k a year - I think not

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Thorough interview process, took a long time to respond but eventually arranged a date at last minute without flexibility. Two stage interview with presentation. The panel asked follow up questions for 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to improve old processes? Explain more about your background in process management?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Only one interview. With a senior PM and a PM. Behavioural style questions, based on CV. Call back received the next day even though they said they will take a week to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in June 2018.

Interview

Short telephone interview, then an interview with one manager with a call listening exercise, then a final interview with five different managers. There was also a short presentation exercise at the end of the final interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver excellent customer service while under external pressures, ie performance targets and management listening in on calls?   Answer Question

Assistant Management Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Interview

First, it was an online application. The second stage was online tests both verbal and numeric . I made it to the next stage which was an interview and group work which lasted about 2 hours. The day was organised and I enjoyed it. However, disappointed that no feedback was provided despite requesting it. I was just ignored. It takes time, effort to prepare for these assessments. Also, money to travel as they do not reimburse travel expenses.

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in May 2018.

Interview

Interview by two branch managers, mainly competency based questions a few general questions.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in June 2017.

Interview

1 stage face to face with the Team Lead and Manager. Included a 1 hour technical test, followed by a 1 hour interview with both people. The test was lengthy and indepth.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society.

Interview

Compentancy based Interview. 2 Branch Managers interviewed me. Just have good examples of things you have done in previous employment and expect to be questioned further on your answers. Took about hour and a half

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you have had to work under pressure   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.