YouView Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 35 interviews

Recruitment Agency10%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at YouView

YouView

Application

I interviewed at YouView

Interview

Good interview process, recruitment team quick to respond to my queries and kept me up to date at all stages. Overall process could have been quicker but all in all a decent experience.

Interview Questions
  • They asked competency based questions
    Answer Question

YouView

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at YouView

Interview

If you dont have time to read this whole review, heres the short version: Dont apply for any of youviews job! The interview process is disgraceful. Not only did they bodge the job spec but you have also given the worst internal recruiters you could possibly imagine. I could never get a response from the recruiters even if I literally receive their email and respond back within five minutes.. Even post interviews, they wont respond. There were a few phases of the interview. First one was with the recruiter and you can imagine how that went. The second interview was with a set Youview employees just to gauge your interest with Youview and throwing in some techy questions for good measure. The third interview was with another set of Youview employees. As nice as they were, they simply didnt know how to conduct an interview. It was like I was teaching them how to interview me. The only excuse they had was, they have started to use people as test subjects so they set the difficulty high but will adjust down as they get more candidates in. Which only means that, they will hire less talented people and more likely have hired people who are a hiring risk to the company. Congratulations, you have successfully hired a bunch of nobodies. The job spec was very humorous, not only did they have the audacity to fiddle around with the job spec by not including some areas that cant be instantly learned over a few minutes but then decide not formally include that subject in the actual interview. Its like going into an interview and suddenly, you have a coding test to do. Which was something similar I had to do. Honestly, maybe I have dodged a bullet. This is a good preview of what it must be like to work at Youview, talentless people, unprofessional, non-responsive people. No wonder the last person left, they probably werent being heard! It makes you think twice about applying for a company like Youview. Iam not sure if I would want to apply with them again after this horrible mess. It feels like its been run by a bunch of pretenders. If you're a candidate reading this now, your choices include applying for Youview and seeing a slow car crash with your application. Or avoid the risk and apply elsewhere.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YouView (London, England) in Dec 2021

Interview

Interview process was quite simple it consists of 3-4 rounds first round will be a HR screening round in this round they will just ask and know about your motivations and your willingness to learn respectively. After this round HR will send you a Hackajob coding test link which is very simple and easy coding test. After this round they will invite you for their office. their you will have two rounds one of which is a face to face technical interview and then followed by a escape-room round.

Interview Questions
  • Which technologies you are interested in? Describe a situation where you have taken the initiate? Tell me about a recent project that you have worked?

YouView

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YouView

Interview

Initial call with the recruiter was very good who also was consistent throughout. Communication was good. Took a long time to move from one stage to the other and receive feedback. First stage was a nice chat and a very good conversation with the hiring manager as second stage. Feel that the people were welcoming. Final stage is a group presentation that a lot of modern tech companies now do not do. Also had IT issues in the panel interview making it a little tricky. Felt that the first 2 stages - screening and chat with hiring manager went well but final is a little daunting for present to 5 people across Skype. Also feel that this ‘committee decision’ is influenced from one person to another as well. I would suggest to review this process if face to face interviewing is not happening right now and in general presenting to maybe 2 people at a maximum i.e Facebook, Google’s final stage process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YouView (London, England) in Jun 2019

Interview

I initially applied online after noticing job post that matched my interest and was close to my previus experiences. Recruiter contacted me and our chat was followed by one hour phone screen and 2 hour on site interview.The first was with engineer and manager and later with panel. My experience in relevant technology domains was covered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YouView (London, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after applying online. Had an easy going conversation about past experience and technologies I'd be interested in learning. I was contacted a few days later to come in for an interview, with tips on how to prepare! I was shown around the office briefly before the interview with two senior engineers. I was made to feel extremely comfortable throughout the interview, having a conversation about past experiences, university projects, some more technical questions and how the company works. I didn't feel like I was being interviewed which meant the process went smoothly and felt easy. They explained the internship program and both showed me around the office in more detail afterwards. A week later I received a call to say I'd been successful. The whole experience was great and I'm excited to work here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YouView (London, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

First if they are interested they make a phone call asking about your interests, if they like you enough they will invite you onsite in London (won't pay traveling costs btw.) In my case they didn't ask technical questions, only resume review.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

YouView

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YouView in Mar 2019

Interview

There was a phone screen followed by a interview in the offices. The man I was in contact with took a very long time to respond to my emails and felt very unprofessional in general.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YouView (London, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Firstly had a chat via telephone to assess experience and motivation then got invited to an assessment day. The assessment day involved a coding challenge, a group presentation based on the previous coding challenge, peer reviewing code and an informal 1:1 interview. There was plenty of time to chat to current staff and there was even drinks at the end. It was really welcoming and the hospitality was great. Seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YouView (London, England) in Mar 2018

Interview

A forgettable interview experience from beginning to end. The process took too long. The recruiter did initially respond quickly after my application to set up a phone screen. Then kept in limbo for nearly two weeks wondering what was happening. Finally got a technical interview. The interviewers seemed like nerds (monotone and unfriendly). The whole interview seemed like a gotcha exercise, trying to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible. They asked for a lot detail about how implement a shared pointer. Then proceeded to ask about Qt even though I had used it in the past but it wasn't in the job spec. Not surprisingly I got rejected a few days later. The recruiter emailed to arrange a time to give me feedback, but forgot to call me. Eventually she emailed the feedback. I thought to myself I didn't want to work with such people, so I wasn't too disappointed I got rejected.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews

YouView Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at YouView as 56.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.89 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for C++ Developer and Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Product Manager and Senior Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at YouView takes an average of 22 days when considering 30 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Technology had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Product Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at YouView according to 30 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.71%