Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jan 2016

2.3

"Marketing" Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Red Flag #1 - A recruiter from Zerin Business Consulting called me, claiming that the CEO received my job application and the resume I sent them, and wanted to interview me immediately. The catch? I never applied for a job with them. I double checked all of ZBC's current job postings across several major career websites, and noticed that each job (from Junior Executive to Entry Level) had the exact same list of qualifications and responsibilities. All jobs were 100% identical. Red Flag #2 - During they call, the recruiter didn't pre-screen me or ask me any questions about my work experience or advanced education. Red Flag #3 - I agreed to give them a chance and scheduled the interview. One, they gave me no choice about what time I could interview. Tomorrow or nothing, essentially. Two, they promised to send me a follow up email on where to go, what to bring, and what to wear. I never received an email. Three, I am a professional with a master's degree. Why would you need to send me information on how to dress for an interview? Red Flag #4 - I looked at ZBC's Glassdoor page to get a feel for potential interview questions and information about benefits. The consensus on the site seemed to be that ZBC is a door-to-door sales company masquerading their positions as professional sales and marketing jobs. Red Flag #5 - The recruiter I spoke to on the phone told me to call her back at a particular number if I had questions. (I wanted to cancel the interview.) I called, and the line was not in service and not affiliated with ZBC. Next, I called the number listed on the company website. The number was again not in service.

Interview Questions

• None. They did not ask me any questions relevant to the job or my qualifications during our phone conversation.   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

The interview went smoothly. The environment and people I encountered throughout the process seemed very positive and inviting. I really have no complaints about the interview. I even got called back for 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Top 3 strengths? What do you like to do on your free time?   Answer Question

Management Training Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

Warm, friendly, great sitting with the CEO for a job interview. However - HOWEVER - everything remained ambiguous and I didn't appreciate the staff's inability to be direct and clear. The job interview was for a "management training position" and the company is a "consulting firm focusing on gaining marginal profits for their clients". A lot of big words were tossed around, but I just didn't appreciate the fact that they couldn't be direct and honest about the position. Instead, they seemed to take a defensive stance. I didn't continue with the process but I got the feeling it was a door-to-door sales gig more than anything else. Aha, key point: "You get to start your own firm when you become a manager"… i.e. gathering funds and opening an office; reminds me of the pyramid scheme on a corporate suit-wearing level.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality your mother would be proud of?   1 Answer

Entry Level Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the HR and then an interview the next day. They sent me a confirmation email which looks professional. People there are kind and the interview is smooth. They asked typical questions like your strength and weakness, your definition of leadership. However, they never talk about your daily job even though I asked them. They just keep talking how successful this company is and how bright your future would be. They even offered me an opportunity to work in Europe if I did well here. It starts to look weird to me. Later that day I got a call for the second interview but I declined. After reading all the reviews here, I believe the jobs they are posting have nothing to do with business consulting. BE CAREFUL!!! READ ALL THE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO GO!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and Weakness? How do you define leadership?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sports Minded Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Only went through round 1 of the interview process, which was a type of phone screen to see if you are personable, etc. The interview was a neutral experience. Asked basic interview questions and then pitched information about the clients they work with/for, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could improve on? What do you like to do in your free time? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Here's my review of Zerin's interview process. I hope this helps in your quest to join Zerin! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week from the hiring manager. In the interview do not give one word answers, make sure to paint the image of what you are looking for and show your value to bring to the company. Think of a personal experience to relate to the question. They care more about how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is 'we can teach you about leadership but we cant teach you to be confident, talk to people and not be mean' so keep that in mind. It's okay if you dont know the answer to a question but dont just say 'I don't know'. I was offered another interview immediately. I came back in the next day and did a job shadow. I was offered the position the next day. All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was a quick turnaround. There are three rounds of interviewing. The first round was ten minutes and is to make sure you are personable and competent. The second round they will take you out to coffee or lunch and try to sell the company to you. They explain the business model and how it works. The last round is the "do you have what it takes" interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Alexandria, VA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was great. Company is very kind. They asked me questions about what I am seeking in an entry-level job and what my strengths and weaknesses are. After that, the recruiter notified me that I may/may not get an invite for a second interview. The second interview is longer, about three hours, and here they go over what will happen during each stage of the positions and how you move from top to bottom. For example, they explained that we would start in sales then once we were promoted, then assistant manager, then human resources, and finally manager.

Interview Questions

• How do I like the Business environment, how do I feel about sales, etc.   Answer Question

Junior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

At first the job seemed very professional and high level but after I went through the interview process I found that the job was not what I expected it to be at all. I was given very little real information as to what the job actually was and when I was offered a position I was not given a contract to review before hand. They seemed to dance around a lot of my questions and I soon realized why since it ended up not being what I though it was and ended up being door to door sales.

Interview Questions

Once I realized that it was door to door sales and commission based only I declined

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The first round of the interview process took place via Skype, being that I live two states away from Zerin's location. They called me later that day at 8:30 p.m to inform me that I had made it to the second round and I set up my interview time for the next week. One day before the interview, they sent me my confirmation email, stating that my interview would take place at 1:30 the following afternoon. However, after driving more than 8 hours to conduct my interview, the office was a ghost town, it was completely empty. I waited in the building for 20 min. hoping someone would show up and no one ever did. I then called the girl from HR who scheduled my interview, and there was no answer (keep in mind, this is at 1:30 on a weekday). Not only did no one show up for my interview, but they never called me back. I had read reviews that said to avoid this company, but I ignored them- I wish I hadn't. Avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest attributes? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.