athenahealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

athenahealth Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

3.1

Corporate Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

1 phone screening from recruiter and then a phone screening from the hiring manager. At that point they asked I come in to the office and there were 4 different people interviewing me for 30 minute segments. Much of the interview was describing the athena culture, describing the office, and making sure I understood what they really needed from a Corporate Support analyst within the office.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your favorite tickets to work on?
      2. What are your least favorite tickets to work on?
      3. If you had to choose between creating knowledge articles, working a complex ticket or fixing an IT issue hands one, which would you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

1) Phone Screening by general purpose recruiter. He acted as my liaison with athenahealth. He went over my resume and confirmed that I was generally qualified for the position and that I'd be interested in the position. The recruiter asked about my current salary - he was a bit aggressive in getting a specific number.
    2) A second phone call saying that he'd spoken with the relevant team and they would like to bring me in for an interview.
    3) A scheduler reached out to me by phone and email to schedule the interview. It was scheduled for a half day. I received an itinerary with the time that I would be spending with each person, and the name and title of that contact.
    4) When I arrived at the interview I checked in with a receptionist and then waited for the recruiter. The recruiter led me to a room, and we spoke briefly about any questions I might have. He offered me water, and we generally chatted. The first interviewer came in and it began. We moved rooms a couple of times. There were four interviewers in total - 2 peers, 1 senior peer, and 1 manager. At the end I was checked out by the final interviewer. Most questions were getting details of my job experience and asking questions like "give me an example of a time when you were going to miss the deadline on a project. What did you do?" and similar generic interview questions.
    5) I received a follow up call the following day in response to my thank you email, and I was told that there was a lot of positive feedback, and that they wanted to bring me in for another half day interview.
    6) Again a scheduler reached out and then sent me the itinerary.
    7) The second interview was the same style as the last - four back to back interviews with different people. These people were 1 peer, 2 managers, and the group director. They included some of the other kinds of questions, but a large focus was on whether I would be INTERESTED in the work of the group. It felt that basically I had been blessed as being qualified for the position, but they wanted to make sure it would be a good "fit" both for me and for them.
    8) I received a phone call the next day I think with a verbal job offer. A day or two later I received a written job offer that I signed, scanned, and returned.

The whole process took probably about a month. Athenahealth was very responsive, and I never felt like I was in the dark, not knowing the status. If I could do it again, I might have given a higher salary number.

Also, I wanted to give more than a standard two weeks before leaving my previous job, and they were very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• There was one logic question. It wasn't that difficult, but you would need to make sure to pay attention and think through it carefully.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for additional time to my start date and that was fine. I felt like it would have been difficult to negotiate my salary. athenahealth has a very formal salary determination process. My best advice would be to give your desired salary as "what you are currently making" at the beginning. That will be your best chance to get what you want.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Two phone interviews, two skype interviews and two in person interviews

Interview Questions

• They ask you to teach them something to see if you have good training skills   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a request for a phone interview within 1-2 days. It was a brief conversation covering my interests and a few details of the position. A second follow-up phone interview occurred with the Senior VP. He asked about my analytics experience and random things like, "what's the best application you have on your smartphone?"

This led to an in person interview about a week later. The scheduling for the interview was pretty haphazard. The recruiter kept telling me "hold that afternoon open." Finally, another entirely different recruiting assistant confirmed with less than 24 hours notice. If you're trying to interview on the sly while being employed, you may want to apply elsewhere. Athena is very "Athena" focused and operates on the mentality that they're so well ranked that there are 50+ other people who want the position you're interviewing for.

The 6 hour in-person interview was a bit of an undertaking. The conversations were fairly similar and primarily surface level questions based on my resume. The 2 hour skills-based assessment was extremely uncomfortable. Despite being told during phone interviews that they "didn't care" what analytics programs you use for analysis, the entire case was based on Excel. It was clear to me that their perspective of analytics was very 1997 and the Senior VP was entirely uncomfortable with more robust relational databases. This wasn't my first case based interview but it was the most disorganized. Unlike other places, there was no written prompt. The exercise was an act of listening to the Senior VP verbally tell you what he wanted and then try to do it while he sat behind you and watched. It was fairly bizarre.

Overall, it wasn't the worst interview I ever had but I certainly left feeling very mixed. The recruiter claimed he would be "in touch" but never reached out again until I informed him I received an offer from another company and was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• "What is a MPH? Is that a certification?"   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter and then spent the day at athena attending a presentation, interviewing with a few team members and leading a presentation. Overall, it was a positive experience that was just as useful for them as it was for me!

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty basic, there were no questions that were particularly challenging. They were all behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)).

Interview

I first spoke to an associate at a campus recruiting fair, and then we had arranged for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site super day. The final round of interviews consisted of a short presentation about the specific group, and then I had 4 30-minute interviews with various members of the team. The questions mostly focused on my past experiences and recalling specific conflict resolution situations.

Interview Questions

• Considering the fact that "learning and teaching" is a large part of athena's culture, describe a time when you had to teach someone about a new subject.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

1st round was with HR. It was a 15 minute behavior interview over skype. After that round I was emailed an excel project to complete and had to prepare a presentation. Second/final round was an on-campus. The visit was 3 hours and included a tour of the facility, project presentation, and interview with 3 employees (associate, senior associate, and manager). Overall the experience was very positive and everyone that I met was very nice and seemed to genuinely love their job.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions
      Why athenahealth?
      Why this specific department?
      run though resume.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 6 weeks. There were a total of 3 phases of interview. The first was a phone call from the recruiter asking questions about my qualifications. The second was a Skype interview with the hiring manager to work on a data puzzle. The last phase was a face to face interview for 3 hours with the manager and three other team members. That was the best part. Got to meet the team and see the environment. The interview itself was very informal and lay back. My advice is be prepared and listen to the advice or tips provided by the recruiter. "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

Interview Questions

• Why this role and athenahealth?
      Describe a time when you had to communicate to both external and internal stakeholders?
      Describe a time when you had to persuade a senior employee or a manager?
      Other behavioral questions....   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

2 days after an HR phone screen, I was invited to onsite interviews. I had 4 back-to-back half-hour interviews with 1-2 people for each interview, plus a quick chat with an HR representative. Since I met with so many people, I was worried that I would have to give the same answers over and over again, but for the most part different people asked different questions. The team members I met with were very friendly and the interviews felt more like personal chats, I rarely felt like I was being grilled. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions. The week after my interview, the HR rep who did my phone screen called me and said that I got positive feedback in my interviews, but the team decided they wanted to find an internal candidate for the job. However, the HR rep said that since I got positive feedback, I could contact her if there were other jobs at athena that I was interested in and she would contact the appropriate HR representative directly on my behalf. I did this soon after this conversation and she followed through, which I appreciated.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

Two rounds. Both involved meeting with 4-5 people on the team. Questions were mostly typical behavioral questions/company fit questions. 2nd round was one-on-ones with higher ranking team members who asked more engaging questions than in the 1st round

Interview Questions

• What is the most unique quality about yourself? How will this uniqueness benefit the team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.