Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Scientist Interview Questions

Scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you overcome a difficult problem?

2 Answers

Ask advice and consider all options before making an informed decision

I would use different strategies to identify the bottleneck in protein expression, from mRNA to protein, checking the secretory pathway, also it has been shown that different host cells or clones present different ability to produce proteins

Tell me about your research?

1 Answer

What was the most frustrating work experience you had, and what learnings did you take out of it?

1 Answer

Could you give us an example of a situation which did not provide the desired outcome, and you had to change the way you worked to cope with this difficulty?

1 Answer

What my past research was and what I was interested in working on next. Most of the time I spent meeting with other smalls groups of interviews or else 1:1 with other researchers.

1 Answer

What was your salary in Belgium?

1 Answer

Why do you think this role is for you?

1 Answer

What would you do to develop an analytical method for a drug compound with 3 different pKa's?

1 Answer

Are you willing to spend 2 months in California being trained?

1 Answer

HR manager has asked me: Do you own a house? Are you married? Do you have children and how many? etc. The was no reason for asking these questions. I felt disrespected when i heard them. My enthusiasm for GSK melted like snow is a sunny day. I didnt have anything to hide, but i felt undermined and devalued.

2 Answers