wagamama Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Line Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at wagamama (Bristol, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Like game was the Interview Process , a very amazing management staff who at all time looks at your positive way...All questions was a very easy about kitchen food safety and interaction with customers

Interview Questions

wagamama Response

23 Nov 2017 – recruiter

hello

thank you for review! we are glad to read that you had a successful interview process and are now part of the wagamama family!

wishing you all the best in your career with us... More

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at wagamama (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic. Interview was with a recruiter for a new store opening. I actually got to have an interview by walking in and turning in my resume. They said they would review it and turn it into a hiring manager, surprisingly they called me back for an interview the next day

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to deal with an unruly guest.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at wagamama.

Interview

I applied online and they got back to me within a few days. I then visited the restaurant and had an interview with a manager who asked standard interview questions. He then brought in a second manager who explained the requirements of the position and background information regarding the company.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

Straightforward businesslike interview process. Very informative and also very direct in the questions they will ask about your experience and knowledge, as well as career path and goals. They are looking for people who are unique and diverse.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at wagamama (Lynnfield, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Two step interview basic process, I sat down with the corporate chef, asked me about my experiences and how they could be applied to their company. The second interview was with the gm of the location I would be working at. Similar interview with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I asked for more money since it was in Boston and I had experience.

FOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at wagamama (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Go to restaurant and get a paper copy of the application. Return it between three and five and ask for a manager. You probably won't get one but your best chance is between these hours. They will call you if interested, don't wait longer than a few days, they know whether or not they are calling you within a few minutes. If you want to call back to check on the status of your application, once again, do it between 3 and 5.
    The interview is very standard, they ask classic interview questions and explain how Wagamama works.
    Nothing strange at all about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?
      And
      Name two weaknesses?

But like I said, they really come up with a lot of these on the spot so there is no guarantee they will ask the same stuff of you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Although there is an awesome point system where you spend points on food. It is very generous. Every time you work you get at least one meal, some shifts two. The trade off is you eat it during a twenty minute paid break but you don't get any thirty minute unpaid breaks.
    (easy decision)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at wagamama.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within two weeks for an interview by phone, arranged for 3 days after the call and was sent a confirmation email of the date/time/name of interviewer/things to bring.
    Interview lasted only around 15-20 minutes. She had a copy of my CV in front of her and was mostly asking about past experience and how it applied to the Wagamama job. Explained a lot about how the company works. Was offered a work trial so she could see how I interacted with customers (5pm-9pm). Was offered the job straight after and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience apply to this position?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Was asked after the trial shift, accepted and was then asked when I was available and worked around that.

Front of House - Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at wagamama in August 2015.

Interview

Was in talks with HR in regards to setting up an interview with Wagamama location. Set up interview and went in. Met with two different managers and that chatted about duties and jobs. Said they'd call the next day. Never did.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at wagamama (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

At least two interviews with two different people. First interview went well and felt I had a good opportunity to work for them. Second interview was not enjoyable. Interviewee was not very warm or inviting.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at wagamama (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick , got hired immediately. The manager asked about examples of dealing with an upset customer and approach I would use to deal with the situation. Basic Interview questions

Interview Questions

• Experience in the industry and show that you can work within a team.
      I said in dealing with a upset customer is show that you understand the urgency of their problem and try to do what you can to fix it but if not go get a manager.   1 Answer

Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at wagamama (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The office people were very nice and kind with a positive attitude. I didn't had to wait long for someone to approach me. Salary its quite good along with the working hours that its kinda flexible.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your good for this job role?   1 Answer

wagamama Response

30 Mar 2019

hey there, thanks for sharing your thoughts. welcome to the family!

wagamama recruitment team

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.