AGM Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

AGM Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

3.6
AGM Chief Executive Officer Randy Groth (no image)
Randy Groth

"BE CAREFUL! DOOR TO DOORS SALES!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AGM full-time for less than a year

Pros

No Pros, except there were a lot of enthusiastic postive young people, regardless of however naive they were.

Cons

Be careful working for AGM, they take you along for the whole day, ensure you have committed your time on the trial day and drag you around for door to door sales, by the time you get to the main office for a "second interview" it is really late. I have heard this from a number of people and it wasn't just my own experiences. I tried asking throughout the day what the salary was and the answer from the person I was... shadowing replied that he isn't at a liberty to discuss pay, so by the time I got to see the manager, it was ten at night! He offered me the job and I asked what the basic pay was, he said there was no basic salary but commission only!! These sort of people drag you in by talking about flying you to exciting places such as Chicago and Italy and going on about how much they are making. That's how they persuade naive young people that this is the perfect place of work to join.

Advice to Management

The reason you are making money is not because you are shrewd businessmen, it is because you do not pay your staff a basic salary, therefore you are taking the majority of the company’s profits thus limiting the company’s outgoings. You are exploiting young people and I really think it is a disgrace.

AGM2016-08-02
  2. "Work Culture"

I have been working at AGM full-time

Pros

Transperent, fun, fast paces, inclusive

Cons

No systems, lack of security, hire and fire

AGM2019-10-04
  3. "QA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at AGM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good and career development. Good culture

Cons

Good to work with full stress

Advice to Management

Excellent

AGM2019-01-23
  4. "Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at AGM full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best HR Policies and guidelines

Cons

Business model was not encouraging

AGM2019-01-16
  5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at AGM part-time

Pros

Great team, environment, friendly in nature

Cons

Not any downsides I can think of

AGM2018-11-20
  6. "Capture"

I have been working at AGM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small Company, great people local

Cons

None small company no cons

AGM2018-05-18
  7. "LOVED working for this company!"

Former Employee - Medical Support Assistant III in Fort Sam Houston, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AGM full-time for less than a year

Pros

LOVED working for this company and thought Johnathan Groth was very understanding with regards to employees. I was rehired after having taken a leave of absence, because I previously worked at the facility under a different contract the hiring process was easy and all of my information (security clearance, background check, etc. were easy to get back into the system. I worked in a clinical setting and they fought... for our wages. I didn’t work for this contractor during the first furlough but did with another company who actually garnished our wages for 16 mos. I loved working for this company, good benefits, good hours, no overtime, no pressure.

Cons

As a government contract they can be under bid by a company that won’t offer adequate pay OR good benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees in mind, they help out when it comes to a clinic or facility petitioning for a company to remain when bidding sessions go a bit wrong.

AGM2018-04-29
  8. "Solid Employer"

Former Employee - Forensic Subject Matter Expert in Sierra Vista, AZ

I worked at AGM full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, good culture, good pay. Flexible work schedule based on your government contract.

Cons

Micromanaged, slow travel reimbursement, very rigid when it comes to use of Corporate credit card and personal credit card use when traveling, which was annoying when reimbursement checks were delayed and you have to come up with the money on your own to cover the American Express Business card you are required to use which is a charge card and full balance has to be paid.

AGM2016-05-16
  9. "Want to work with AGM as a senior civil engineer representative."

DGM in New Delhi

I worked at AGM for more than 5 years

Pros

It is a MNC having spread its business in different part of world. I want to prove myself in this esteemed organisation.

Cons

WILL TRY TO CONTROL BUDGET AND TRY TO COMPLETE THE PROJECT WITH IN PLANNED SCHEDULE DATE. QUALITY WOULD BE THE MAIN CONCERN.

Advice to Management

to provide cash flow as per the planned schedule

AGM2015-10-01

"Hope for a new contractor"

Material Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at AGM

Pros

The non management employsees are

Cons

Greedy company that attempted to slash employee wages 30% and lied about the reasoning behind it (government ordered cuts) yet could provide no evidence of these cuts. CEO Randy Groth employs family members and friends as senior managers. They are not qualified nor knowledgeable of the government logistics.

AGM2015-10-20