AMETEK Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Found 466 of over 531 reviews

3.8
AMETEK CEO David A. Zapico  (no image)
David A. Zapico
Pros
  • "Good pay with above average benefits(in 23 reviews)

• "The strong team allows for maintenance of a good work life balance despite workload(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No Communication with Upper Management - see this starting to change now(in 11 reviews)

• "No one cares that we can do better than what we are doing(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company to work for!

Aug 17, 2021 - Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work for! It is refreshing to work with such a driven and forward thinking global company. Lots of positive employee initiatives to help promote a positive culture.

Cons

Lack of travel during the pandemic has made it more difficult to meet with colleagues overseas, however this is something which cannot be avoided. Virtual technology has been provided which allows us to communicate in different ways.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Company management overbearing and lack leadership skills

Aug 30, 2021 - Operator in Bognor Regis, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very few Salary is reasonable Engineering Development is a good area to work, not so good elsewhere.

Cons

Blame culture prevails. Internal politics reigns supreme. Management is poor at accepting change to established systems, despite the benefits offered. Some work practises unchanged for 3 decades. Lack of staff progression and appreciation. Staff often leave to progress their knowledge elsewhere. Therefore 'good' workers go, leaving the unmotivated behind. Some workers have an I don't care attitude to workmanship. When challenged, it may result in complaints against the senior person. The motivated workers are carrying the deadwood.

AMETEK Response

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive employment experience. We work hard to exceed our employees’ expectations at AMETEK, and to support their productive and long- term satisfying careers. Please feel free to contact us at: employee.response@ametek.com.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Avoid TH if you want a career.

Aug 13, 2021 - Customer Service in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, hours, holidays, some good people,

Cons

They are only interested in profit, not interested in improvement one little bit. Everything is rushed and not done properly, build it fast, ship it, take the money, . there is 0 development, 0 progression. , it's a shame some really good people there who deserves better from management. Advice never join if you care about improving or learning something useful .

4. 3.0

Land

Jun 10, 2021 - Technician in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working hours and holidays

Cons

Poor pay and cost of living

5. 4.0

Great career opportunity

May 11, 2021 - Human Resources Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Global Company 2. Supports employees' development 3. Great career opportunity

Cons

1. Hard to find any. Really good place to work for.

6. 4.0

Getting there!

Mar 31, 2021 - Quality Engineer in Ramsgate, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is trying hard to invest and deliver in its people and the service it offers.

Cons

Expectations are a little muddled, as a result goal posts are often moved. More a result of changing outside requirements but you have to be prepared to drop what your doing to accommodate change.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Global Business who make sure everyone is well looked after.

Nov 19, 2020 - Management Accountant in Plymouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the very beginning of my time with Ametek they have made it very clear that where they can, they will try to promote individuals from within the business. In order to do this Ametek have provided me with endless training and development opportunities to steer me on the right track for career progression. Despite working for a UK facility within Ametek, I have been lucky enough to be given responsibilities which also lie with the US side of the business and have been encouraged to travel to the US and explore further opportunities within Ametek there. Ametek also reiterate to their staff on a regular basis that above all else, safety and wellbeing of their employees is the most important factor of the business. No employee who works for Ametek should ever go to work with any concerns about their general health and safety. This has been well demonstrated with the response Ametek have taken to counter any spread of Covid 19 within the business. Our facility, under instruction from Ametek, installed multiple measures to prevent the spread of Covid within the factory and office buildings. These actions were well ahead of other local manufacturers in our area and I believe that our working environment will be safer than most if not all other manufacturing businesses as a result.

Cons

The only downside sometimes is the time zone difference between the US and the UK.

8. 5.0

Great Employer - Caring and Personal Development

Nov 17, 2020 - Marketing Executive in Plymouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Offer training and development to advance career, caring and people friendly, good opportunities

Cons

Some corporate procedures to follow

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Be part of a team ready for the next challenge

Nov 17, 2020 - Technical Lead in Plymouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small units working alone and can tap into large structure for support Target driven always with eye on profitability Once established within organisation individual structure is successful Enjoy a varied work life balance Friendly team, everyone is approachable.

Cons

IT and HR driven from offsite locations sometimes with interesting objectives. Imposed structure can become silos, needs strong internal management to prevent this being an operational problem

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

world leading company

Oct 15, 2020 - Production Manager in Plymouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A very strong safety culture from top down. Strong leadership team. Good networking opportunities. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

There are no cons to mention.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 466 Reviews