AMETEK Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2022

Found 556 of over 636 reviews

3.6
AMETEK CEO David A. Zapico  (no image)
David A. Zapico
Pros
  • "The company itself has given me great work life balance and flexibility to Productively do my job(in 27 reviews)

• "Great people, interesting products(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There has not been any cons of working at Ametek other then the deer that pop out on the commute in(in 27 reviews)

• "Current Upper management doesn’t seem to care as much about employees as previous(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company to work for!

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work for! It is refreshing to work with such a driven and forward thinking global company. Lots of positive employee initiatives to help promote a positive culture.

Cons

Lack of travel during the pandemic has made it more difficult to meet with colleagues overseas, however this is something which cannot be avoided. Virtual technology has been provided which allows us to communicate in different ways.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to work

Feb 21, 2022 - Aftermarket Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really supportive team and is a genuine nice place to work. I was new to this sector when I started with the Work Company and at the time I started I received all the support and guidance to help myself develop into a stronger planner.

Cons

Salary can be better, otherwise no cons

3. 4.0

Really progressed my career

Jan 11, 2022 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, Training, Clean & safe environment, Decent people.

Cons

Middle management not great. Other companies seem to pay more. Very flat organisational structure means few opportunities

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Senior management had a PPE allergy

Feb 16, 2022 - General Operative in Plymouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Let me think, coffee machines

Cons

Beware the polish mafia . z

AMETEK Response

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive employment experience. We work hard to exceed our employees’ expectations at AMETEK, and to support their productive and long- term satisfying careers. Please feel free to contact us at: employee.response@ametek.com.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not valued as employee no opportunity to improve.

Dec 6, 2021 - Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people there Working conditions OK.

Cons

Blame culture, poor management. Good people seem to leave. Some caustic individuals in positions of responsibility.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall a good place to work

Nov 3, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, professional people, cool projects, diversity

Cons

Disorganized, lack of communication between and within departments, stressful timelines, needs more personal time/sick days, people take their work home with them, sometimes working on weekends is expected

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Company management overbearing and lack leadership skills

Aug 30, 2021 - Operator in Bognor Regis, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very few Salary is reasonable Engineering Development is a good area to work, not so good elsewhere.

Cons

Blame culture prevails. Internal politics reigns supreme. Management is poor at accepting change to established systems, despite the benefits offered. Some work practises unchanged for 3 decades. Lack of staff progression and appreciation. Staff often leave to progress their knowledge elsewhere. Therefore 'good' workers go, leaving the unmotivated behind. Some workers have an I don't care attitude to workmanship. When challenged, it may result in complaints against the senior person. The motivated workers are carrying the deadwood.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Avoid TH if you want a career.

Aug 13, 2021 - Customer Service in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, hours, holidays, some good people,

Cons

They are only interested in profit, not interested in improvement one little bit. Everything is rushed and not done properly, build it fast, ship it, take the money, . there is 0 development, 0 progression. , it's a shame some really good people there who deserves better from management. Advice never join if you care about improving or learning something useful .

3 people found this review helpful

9. 3.0

Land

Jun 10, 2021 - Technician in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good working hours and holidays

Cons

Poor pay and cost of living

2 people found this review helpful

10. 4.0

Great career opportunity

May 11, 2021 - Human Resources Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Global Company 2. Supports employees' development 3. Great career opportunity

Cons

1. Hard to find any. Really good place to work for.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 556 Reviews

AMETEK Reviews FAQs

AMETEK has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 636 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at AMETEK to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AMETEK employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AMETEK. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

66% of AMETEK employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AMETEK 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with AMETEK Job Seekers